Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Wow, they are working fast. I guess they really want to launch in 2014.
    My guess would be October time frame for release.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tiffy33 View Post
    Guilds are calling themselves "Hardcore PvP" and they are listing all these years of experience in other games but not once have I seen Ultima Online or even Dark Age of Camelot in their list of games. How can you be hardcore PvPers if you only played carebear games? I found that pretty funny.
    Maybe because those games are nearly 15 years old and a large % of the current MMO playerbase has probably never heard of them. A 20 year old person would have been 3 when UO came out and 7 when DAoC came out.

On a side note any guild that advertises being "hardcore" at anything is probably pretty mediocre, good guilds don't need to advertise like this as their reputation generally speaks for itself.

This game is going to lead to zerg guilds though, there is already one on the beta server I play on.

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    My guess would be October time frame for release.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe because those games are nearly 15 years old and a large % of the current MMO playerbase has probably never heard of them. A 20 year old person would have been 3 when UO came out and 7 when DAoC came out.

On a side note any guild that advertises being "hardcore" at anything is probably pretty mediocre, good guilds don't need to advertise like this as their reputation generally speaks for itself.

This game is going to lead to zerg guilds though, there is already one on the beta server I play on.
    Obviously your not hardcore enough to have been playing at that age, you now fail at life.

But yeah the zergs suck. It was fun when most of the zergs were in the 20-30 level range. And you could just carve a war path through them all with a small group of high levels.

http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/...-beta-event-4/

It’s important to note that invites to CBE3 will not be valid for CBE4, but we are expecting that this event will be twice as large as the last event with even randomly-selected invitations for fans who signed up on the official ArcheAge website. Partner site giveaways of CBE4 codes will begin Wednesday, August 20 at Alienware, Razer, Rixty, MMORPG.com, PCGamesN, MMOHuts, MMOGames, OnRPG. Additionally, our Alpha and Founder players will have access to all of Beta.

so tomorrow the giveaways will start. keep your eyes open tomorrow!!!
    Last edited by loki504; 2014-08-19 at 02:58 PM.

Game is pretty sick, bought the silver pack through steam, and pretty hyped for the launch.

Just a tip: do not burn yourself out during the beta, especially if you have purchased a founders pack!

Quick question since I really only played for a hour or 2; can you fight other players at sea in your boat, or in the air?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yack346 View Post
    a tip: do not burn yourself out during the beta, especially if you have purchased a founders pack!
    Agreed!
    I got to level 10 and stopped playing. Haven't touched it at all since. Not for lack of like, but so I can keep it fresh on release.

Ended up just not really digging the early stuff in the game. I'd like to get to the fun stuff, but there's this barrier of tedium before it.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Played last beta weekend, really enjoyed it. I was considering the Archeum pack for alpha access to keep playing it, but with the announcement of this beta weekend I keep seeing people say open beta/release will be coming very quickly. How founded do you guys think that is? I don't want to make a purchase and regret it down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Valedus View Post
    Played last beta weekend, really enjoyed it. I was considering the Archeum pack for alpha access to keep playing it, but with the announcement of this beta weekend I keep seeing people say open beta/release will be coming very quickly. How founded do you guys think that is? I don't want to make a purchase and regret it down the road.
    Personally I don't think the release is close, they weren't even done with the localization for the pre-1.0 content when they launched alpha and they're planning to launch with 1.2. My bet would be on December or even early next year.

But everyone is just guessing, the fact that they have a few beta events in quick succession doesn't mean anything at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    does anyone know (experience during cbt3) what time they keys are given out? Been F5ing every site for hours /wrist ;<

Quote Originally Posted by Stormkhan View Post
    does anyone know (experience during cbt3) what time they keys are given out? Been F5ing every site for hours /wrist ;<
    I got my key the day before beta was supposed to launch, but I grabbed another on a giveaway before that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slipmat View Post

suffering withdrawal symptoms already from the weekend just passed? Got the tremors and shakes?

Fear not, closed beta event 4 is just a few days away already
    n i c e .........

10+ Year Old Account
    A nice, big 8.56GB update (or 800MB) hit the Alpha yesterday, the patch notes might seem 'small' but the reason for the 8GB updates are explained later, first, Patch notes

ArcheAge Version 1.2 Build 4.6: Patch Notes

GENERAL

* This update includes the behind-the-scenes data needed to play ArcheAge in French and German!
    - The function to set your client language to French or German is coming in a Glyph update shortly.
    * Updated text to latest localization.
    * Shortened the maximum length of chat channel text in a single entry to reduce ultra-long blocks of chatspam.
    * Reduced NPC sell-back price of Any-Post Owl to 10 copper.

NOTES

* This patch is about 800MB large and will be deployed to Alpha on August 19
    Source: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt....6-Patch-Notes

This explains why it's an 8.5GB download initially and then 800MB later on:

Glyph Patcher Update: No More 24GB Downloads!

Today, we're pleased to be pushing a Glyph update that eliminates the 24GB full downloads, includes the repair feature for ArcheAge, and significantly improves recovery of cancelled or interrupted downloads

The patcher will require an 8GB ArcheAge download today, to convert you to the new system. When we update Alpha to 4.6 later this week, it will only be 900MB instead of another full update. Future updates will also be smaller in this same manner.

If you're having issues patching or launching ArcheAge, please be sure to fully restart Glyph to get the latest version.
    Source: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...839#post307839

The Dev responsible for Glyph then added this:

A little more information: the 8 GB update is actually a full redownload of what you already have (4.5). It's a pain, I know, but it's part of the ongoing effort to improve patching. The good news is that in the future, a full redownload will always be 8 GB, not 24 GB. Patches between versions will also be smaller.

If you have any questions or problems, you can email me at cswiedler@trionworld.com

/aahz

So I've read on another website that CBT4 is supposed to be the last CBT event. Does anyone know anything more about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    ArcheAge sure likes to troll you with the beta. Getting all excited seeing ArcheAge and beta weekend in the same title just to get redirected to their bullshit founders packs =_=

I kept getting those 'secure your space' emails but i checked my inbox today and i have an actual invite so they must have sent a wave out.. check your emails :P looks like my weekend is sorted.

Last edited by Heathy; 2014-08-21 at 06:13 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda wish the invites they gave out would be keys. I haven't used my last 2 invites and can't give them away as it's already tied to my account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    Uggghhhh THANK YOU! Finally able to test out this game now, amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    Uggghhhh THANK YOU! Finally able to test out this game now, amazing!
    np glad i could help.