Page 6 of 151 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    yogscast vids make it look hilariously fun but the fact its in korean and probarly take forever to translate if they translate it ill pass

Arche Age CBT4 closing before/after video

Arche-Age, the upcoming "next-gen" MMO from XLGames. I think this game might actually be onto something, but I won't get my hopes up just yet. Knowing the state of asian MMORPG's and that they will likely lack any real polish. However I think this video is interesting nonetheless:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=210Mp...layer_embedded

Some of you must've at least heard about this. So what are your opinions on this upcoming MMORPG and the video in particular?

10+ Year Old Account
    isn't that game only being released in Korea?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukioish View Post
    isn't that game only being released in Korea?
    Yes, Yogscast covered it, Check it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon1o1 View Post
    Yes, Yogscast covered it, Check it out.
    thats where I've seen it, I was just confirming what they said was true.

a sandbox instead of your average themepark mmo.. a welcome change.

Quote Originally Posted by Himora View Post
    a sandbox instead of your average themepark mmo.. a welcome change.
    Curious to see how pve will work out though.
    Soloing etc is a large driving force for people,. pvp is big obviously, but not the only thing that keeps people playing.

Deleted
    I must say the game looks like lots of fun
    Building and defending and being able to really affect the world. I liked the idea behind eve online... except in Eve you pretty much are a spaceship and I prefer playing as a character and that's why I didnt get hooked on that game.

Any news about if and when this game will hit europe? The 80 days from beta test last year must have passed now.
    This game or the vampire sandbox mmo eve online developers are half-making... what do you expect we get to see first?=)

10+ Year Old Account
    Why must it have leveling if it's so sand-box? " Is it an asian-MMO kind of stereotype thing?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    Why must it have leveling if it's so sand-box? " Is it an asian-MMO kind of stereotype thing?

its said asians love their grind.

ragnarok was notoriously hard to get max level on,. they say there were players who were in the game for 2 years, and still only 93 as the highest level.

Kinda reminds me of what Darkfall Online promised to be like except Korean. I could get behind that.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    its said asians love their grind.

ragnarok was notoriously hard to get max level on,. they say there were players who were in the game for 2 years, and still only 93 as the highest level.
    I can definitely attest to this...leveling in that game was fucking dumb. Getting to job level 40 to get 2nd job took me like, 3 months. Then once I finally did it, I found out that I chose the wrong 2nd job (Sage instead of Wizard) and I just lost interest in leveling after that because it was boring and repetitive.

It's much more fun on private servers though, because of increased exp/drop rates and other cool custom things. (like Warpers and stat/skill reset NPC's and such)

ALSO, am I the only one getting warnings when visiting the first page of this thread? Chrome keeps nagging me that there's dangerous content from "koreagamewatch.com" on the first page.
    Last edited by Vook; 2012-07-29 at 04:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    ALSO, am I the only one getting warnings when visiting the first page of this thread? Chrome keeps nagging me that there's dangerous content from "koreagamewatch.com" on the first page
    OT but yeah me too :S

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    I can definitely attest to this...leveling in that game was fucking dumb. Getting to job level 40 to get 2nd job took me like, 3 months. Then once I finally did it, I found out that I chose the wrong 2nd job (Sage instead of Wizard) and I just lost interest in leveling after that because it was boring and repetitive.

It's much more fun on private servers though, because of increased exp/drop rates and other cool custom things. (like Warpers and stat/skill reset NPC's and such)

ALSO, am I the only one getting warnings when visiting the first page of this thread? Chrome keeps nagging me that there's dangerous content from "koreagamewatch.com" on the first page.
    Yeah thats the same with me...

Why is my chrome blowing me up about going to the first page of this, saying there is maleware?
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    Why is my chrome blowing me up about going to the first page of this, saying there is maleware?
    Because of the ton of youtube vids perhaps.

But this looks so niiice.
    Really hope it wont be a grind-fest like most asian rpgs though.

there looking for a company to bring it to the western audience, so there are plans

I've been watching this one for a while now, on my 2 play list

http://www.twitch.tv/mtd1982

Probably late to be posting, but I've been streaming the Korean OBT for a few days now. Will be a on a bit more tonight but for sure this weekend.

Sorry, no English patch right now will have it back tomorrow probably.
    Awdi - US Illidan
    SlamAndAwe (Warriors)
    ShockAndAwe (Enhancement Shamans)

Bump for NA/EU beta signup

http://www.archeagegame.com

Game was probably about 80% translated during E3 demo
    Last edited by reighnman; 2013-06-20 at 02:35 PM.
    Awdi - US Illidan
    SlamAndAwe (Warriors)
    ShockAndAwe (Enhancement Shamans)

10+ Year Old Account
    The way it has been going, that last 20% of translation is going to take them a long time unless they step it up. I was excited for this game to come out, same with Blade and Soul. It is just taking a long time and now other games and things in life have popped up.
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile