Page 2 of 151 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Looks cool (the environmental design is very nice), but the story seems generic and lame

Such games need not story, they based on you and your homies terrorising all around.

Sounds like another OMGMMO! to me.

---------- Post added 2011-04-16 at 07:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Such games need not story, they based on you and your homies terrorising all around.
    this! lol so much this
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSuze View Post
    You've mistakenly made the assumption that I'm not capable of buying MORE poutine.

10+ Year Old Account
    This actually looks awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically it's a giant world where players build houses and things were ever, unphased?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boloney View Post
    Basically it's a giant world where players build houses and things were ever, unphased?
    So... minecraft?

So... minecraft?
    Seems like it...basically...only WAY BETTER.
    (I do like Minecraft)

I am really keeping an eye on this game. Really big fan of UO and this game pretty much seems like the game I've always wished for.

I just REALLY hope they don't go with an in game "Item Store". Like almost every single Korean game does...
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DON'T HAVE A ITEM STORE PLEASE IT RUINS GAMES PLEASE
    Last edited by A1CZERO; 2011-04-17 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doirdyn View Post
    So... minecraft?
    The game is more like Ultima then anything it would seem. But every game that allows you to build houses is a rip-off of Minecraft.

Item Stores don't ruin games. The younger free-to-play community does.

looks good thanx for informing me of this!
    hopefully by the time it comes out i will have a gaming rig
    "The instinct of self-preservation? You call it that. Yes, i will sink my teeth into life. Fuck your evolution. Let other species wait their turn. I'm not a lamb being led to the slaughter."
    ~Hunter

What is better, to be born good? or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?
    ~Paarthurnax
    my attempts at being funny with skyrim

Deleted
    Awesome! Wow, this actually looks really great, not like those other "new cool groundbreaking mmos" like RIFT, TERA, SWTOR. Looks promising, but I guess it's just to wait and see

Deleted
    I am interested to know how PvP will work out.
    Last edited by mmoca7d06c4104; 2011-04-17 at 10:09 AM.

Item Stores don't ruin games. The younger free-to-play community does.
    In my experience depending on what they sell they can ruin games and basically turning them into just another money making Farmville where any shmuck can buy thier way to power and glory.
    Again I PRAY TO THEE OH MIGHTY MMO GOD/GODS PLEASE NO ITEM SHOP
    Last edited by A1CZERO; 2011-04-17 at 10:23 AM.

Minecraft + Cryengine = ArcheAge

I guess i'm buying it then, i fear it will turn out like every other Asian MMO though :S

I was a huge Ultima Online player. Really, the most fun I've had in a mmo was in Ultimas heyday.

However, every ultima clone has been burdened by nostalgia. I am truly hoping that this one is able to be it's own game, and not be crippled by looking back.

I'll be watching this one with my fingers crossed.

And a non-condescending note to younger players. Ultima Online was one of the great originals. It's a very large part of where contemporary mmos come from.

Why are some people comparing it to Minecraft? It sounds more like Wurm Online, wich is, as far as i know, the only true MMOFS. There is also a game called dawntide but it's still in Beta and needs a lot of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Giaccotto View Post
    Why are some people comparing it to Minecraft? It sounds more like Wurm Online, wich is, as far as i know, the only true MMOFS. There is also a game called dawntide but it's still in Beta and needs a lot of work.
    MMOFS? Last I heard that was Massively Multiplayer Online Flight Simulator.
    So don't make up terms, just say sandbox MMORPG instead

Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    MMOFS? Last I heard that was Massively Multiplayer Online Flight Simulator.
    So don't make up terms, just say sandbox MMORPG instead
    how about Massively Multiplayer Online Fantasy Simulation
    Do your homework

But let's not get offtopic

Quote Originally Posted by Giaccotto View Post
    how about Massively Multiplayer Online Fantasy Simulation
    Do your homework

But let's not get offtopic
    Hard to do homework on it when noone else but you calls it that.

But anyways, there's also Xsyon that's very similar to Wurm.

It's well known, but enough about that.

I know the game Xsyon. It's indeed kinda like Wurm Online. The big difference is, that it's not Free-2-Play or at least Free-2-Try (that last one i made up myself zo noone else calls it that probably ;-) ). So I have no idea if it's a good game or not. Arche Age does look like it will be an enhanced version of Wurm Online.

10+ Year Old Account
    minecraft is a sandbox this game is a sandbox mmo, hence similarities nothing really new just a challenge to create a sandbox without making it a big repetitive grindfest.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins