Page 8 of 151 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    is there any updates regarding the release or open beta for this game in EU?

The deal breaker for me with this game will be if the dwarves look good or not when they are added. I need a glorious looking beard dammit!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaidog View Post
    is there any updates regarding the release or open beta for this game in EU?
    Hasn't been anything since open beta signups were opened last month.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewan View Post
    The deal breaker for me with this game will be if the dwarves look good or not when they are added. I need a glorious looking beard dammit!
    Their other "coming soon" races look pretty sweet as well (warborn/returned)

While I enjoyed KR beta I've been avoiding playing KR retail just because I know it will be frustrating at times dealing with the language and don't want to taint anything about the game
    Awdi - US Illidan
    SlamAndAwe (Warriors)
    ShockAndAwe (Enhancement Shamans)

10+ Year Old Account
    This game has dwarfs. I am sold! :P Looks great, going to keep an eye on it, cant make any real promises if I'll get it o not but who knows.

The only thing that bothers me is that its an Asian MMO. I am very skeptical about that type of genre, mainly because of the art style and play style of the game, it has never appealed to me at all.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    This game has dwarfs. I am sold! :P Looks great, going to keep an eye on it, cant make any real promises if I'll get it o not but who knows.

The only thing that bothers me is that its an Asian MMO. I am very skeptical about that type of genre, mainly because of the art style and play style of the game, it has never appealed to me at all.
    The game has a few dwarf NPCs, but no clear signs or announcements of them being playable. It was a rumour started from a closed beta where they were listed in a racial selection screen.

And the art style's really nothing like other Asian games you're probably thinking of (Lineage, TERA, Blade & Soul), it's far more subdued and typical western fantasy. The play style is very western as well.

Depends on what continent you're on. West continent has a more Western architecture and geography while the East continent has Eastern architecture and geography.
    Awdi - US Illidan
    SlamAndAwe (Warriors)

Quote Originally Posted by reighnman View Post
    Depends on what continent you're on. West continent has a more Western architecture and geography while the East continent has Eastern architecture and geography.
    It's still a western art style though, as in more realistic and not the giant 10 foot long swords being wielded by 3 foot tall lolitas that I think they're referring to.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will be interesting to see the crossover between ArcheAge and Rift

Take a look at this from a year ago

Looks very familiar to anyone who's playing Rift

This Dragon fight happened on the Korean servers over the weekend, i like the "knockbacks" the Dragon does when flapping it's wings

Seems like the players are having a lot of fun in ArcheAge, on the Korean server. Yesterday XLGames summoned a huge red dragon raidboss in a special location and all players who wanted to take part in this event were invited to try their luck and take down the mighty beast.

A special quest is available during this event and after defeating the dragon players receive a chest containing 3 objects. It seems like the same reward you can obtain by looting the dragon remains (all the people that took part in defeating the raid will get the reward). There is a chance to get an awesome pair of wings as reward.

UPDATE: If you are wondering why there are so many archers in this video that’s because the daily quest gives you a special bow that can be used in defeating the dragon. The wings that you can see on the screenshot are not only fashion items, they also increase all stats (strength, agility, intellect, spirit and stamina) by 100 for 45 seconds.
    Source: http://www.mmocast.com/news/archeage...-dragon-event/

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    It will be interesting to see the crossover between ArcheAge and Rift

Take a look at this from a year ago

Looks very familiar to anyone who's playing Rift

This Dragon fight happened on the Korean servers over the weekend, i like the "knockbacks" the

Source: http://www.mmocast.com/news/archeage...-dragon-event/
    The wings thing pisses me off and I'll be frustrated if it's in the na release. Since they are giving them to players as a reward for subbing, hopefully na wont have a similar model.
    Awdi - US Illidan
    SlamAndAwe (Warriors)

10+ Year Old Account
    It might just be that it's hard to see from watching videos, but is there ANY thing about Archeage's combat that makes it stand out?

Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    It might just be that it's hard to see from watching videos, but is there ANY thing about Archeage's combat that makes it stand out?
    Nothing, it's your generic tab target combat
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Nothing, it's your generic tab target combat
    Damn. A game so ambitious... yet they keep the generic tab target combat.

The combat isn't the ambitious part. The other aspects of the game are far more ambitious though. Check out the criminal system, the ship exploration/combat system, the housing and other aspects of the game. Combat isn't the only thing that exists.

Yeah it saddens me as well as I'm tired of tab target but... well, it has a lot of other interesting stuff. I'll definitely try it, but who knows if I'll stick to it.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    The combat isn't the ambitious part. The other aspects of the game are far more ambitious though. Check out the criminal system, the ship exploration/combat system, the housing and other aspects of the game. Combat isn't the only thing that exists.
    That's what I was saying (or meant to say). The game is ambitious except for the combat. I'm still pretty eager to try this game regardless. Sandboxes can be oodles of fun.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2013-07-09 at 07:46 AM.

Tab targeting just works, but other then that it's a combo based system between certain abilities and possibly certain classes (haven't tested myself). I thought TERA's targeting was going to be great but in the end it just didn't function well in terms of keeping things balanced between melee/ranged and healing was incredibly difficult.
    Awdi - US Illidan
    SlamAndAwe (Warriors)

The game has an amazing potential.

How can i test it?

Quote Originally Posted by -V- View Post
    The game has an amazing potential.

How can i test it?
    You can play on KR (you'll have to get an acct from a third party site if you're not korean) or just sign up for beta and hope you get in.

If you do not pay the monthly sub then you'll only be able to do the combat side of things, it's basically f2p but if you don't pay the sub you won't have "labour points" which are required for gathering, building and raising animals among other things.

I have become increasingly worried about the direction of the game and what it'll be like by the time it hits NA. Some changes lately were making crafting heavy RNG and there are "safe routes" for trades which detract from some of the cool PvP aspects of the game. Would actually prefer there were PvP servers at this rate.
    Last edited by nightshark; 2013-07-15 at 05:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar

Hey everyone,

It’s been a while since I made a post here outside of the Shoutbox so I thought I’d make it one about a topic that I’m sure is on many of your minds. “When will the wait be over?”

I wish I could give you the date and time today – but the ones we have in mind could still change, even if they are the best laid plans of mice & men!

A little bit about those plans

There’re many things we need to accomplish in order to successfully release ArcheAge to players in North America in Europe. Some hurdles are bigger than others and, in some cases, determine our ability to move forward towards launch.

The first really big one, in progress right now, is working with XL to integrate the game itself with our account/billing platform. This is essential to enabling server access for anyone outside of our office – we do not pass GO, we do not collect $200 until this very important phase has been completed. It is the top priority but, as you can imagine, it is extraordinarily complex with many people and moving parts involved.

To a similar end, XL Games is coming over here very soon and is helping us to set up our server architecture to run ArcheAge according to its design.

Of course, we also need to localize the game so you’re not playing in Korean. We’ve got the first large chunk of localization done, and we’re working on the updates and doing edit passes to make sure that the localization is as good as we can possibly make it.

Once these significant milestones have been accomplished closed testing can begin – our plan is to be at this point within the next few months!

Testing & You

No doubt the very mention of testing gets some of you excited! Perhaps you’ve even just clicked my name with plans to send a brief PM explaining why you would be the perfect candidate (it’s easier to sign up at www.archeagegame.com, but I do appreciate the letters). We’re just as excited to get to the point where we can invite external testers but expect the closed testing period to last at least a few months.

What’s changing?

I realize that no shortage of your eagerness for more info has to deal with what aspects of ArcheAge we are modifying or changing.

Know this: Any “Westernization” that occurs will likely be very minimal and done to improve usability/understanding of mechanics based on conventions we’ve grown accustomed to that differ from those of Korean gamers.

Don’t expect entirely new features exclusive to the NA/EU release or sweeping changes to mechanics – what you can expect are small tweaks to the way some existing features function. ArcheAge is already an amazing game, that’s why we have always been excited publish it.

It’s also very important to keep in mind that this game is constantly changing. There have been so many awesome features since ArcheAge launched in Korea and we want to make sure we have as many of them as possible available at release. Changing around mechanics and the fundamental systems that fuel the game would only increase the amount of time it would take to incorporate new and future updates – not a good thing!

While we’re on this topic, I think it’s important that I point out where the most significant change and work is going to take place: The Text.

We’re talking over 1,000,000 words AND climbing!

It’s no small feat to achieve and the biggest challenge here is the fact that there are many distinct differences between Western & Korean cultures that we need to take into account. Everything from value systems to how we greet and interact with people based on our relationship to them is different. This matters a lot to language and the way things are written/expressed which means that localization is not as simple as running everything through Google Translate - at least not if we want an entertaining experience… well, one we can understand that is

What’s next?

Expect things to stay quiet for a few more weeks at least - until accounts are able to login to the game through our platform we’ll be busy planning live streams and the future roll out of content, not to mention reading a lot (A LOT) of text. You’ll know when things are really getting going, the noise will be deafening!

Until then, keep the feedback coming & thanks as always for your continued support of ArcheAge – I realize after possibly YEARS of waiting this may not come easily to some but enjoy these early days, cherish them even. They will not last, I guarantee it

Cheers,
    Update from Trion
    Awdi - US Illidan
    SlamAndAwe (Warriors)