Amani Bear Mount!

To all the people who are whining over a new Amani Bear mount: I have a friend who has a legitimate reason why he never got his, and he was a top raider in BC. He's in the Marine Corp and was sent to Iraq, and missed out on his bear mount. He's excited that he'll be able to get one, so I'm posting this hoping that some of you can stop whining about it, and think about the many raiders just like you who did not get their chance. Hopefully, this'll change your opinions.

Edit: Neatened it up. - Elyaan.
    Last edited by ELYPOP; 2011-04-05 at 05:39 PM.

I am the Warrior. Death is my business. Be it yours...or mine.

Quote Originally Posted by warcrimes View Post
    too all the people who are whining over a new amani bear mount i have a friend who has a legitimate reason why he never got his and he was a top raider in bc but hes in the marine corp and was sent to iraq and missed out on his bear mount and hes excited that he'll be able to get one im posting this in hopes that some of you can stop whining about it and think about the many raiders just like you who did not get their chance and hopefully change your opinions.
    lol good luck with that, doubt you will change anyone's opinion here.

worth a try to let people know not everyone without a bear mount was a bad player

I am the Warrior. Death is my business. Be it yours...or mine.

Deleted
    I got it on my main at the time, however I rerolled when wotlk came and I am happy I will finally be able to get it on my new main.

On topic. I fail to see the issue about this bear mount. Yes, it's the same model. But it's a different re-colour.
    It's like complaining that there are now two different Phoenix mounts in the game.
    The original still has it's prestige factor.
    Last edited by ELYPOP; 2011-04-05 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Removed grammar stuff.

I got into BC late, took a long break after vanilla because I was too absorbed in the game.
    Got through T5 content and went on weekly bear runs, but only 8 people in my group won before it was removed...my rolls were consistently bad.
    I'm excited that I will now get a bear mount, I always thought it looked cool and it reminds me of my favorite instance in the game.

Nonetheless, you aren't going to change anyone's mind. People who complain about it are going to complain about it and don't care if someone has a legitimate reason for not getting it in the first place. It's all moot though since people QQ'ing over it isn't going to make Blizz take it out. The bear is in. So yay for your friend
    Last edited by ELYPOP; 2011-04-05 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Removed grammar stuff.

I was the first one in my farming group to get a bear mount (we did it by /roll). However a lot, in fact most, members of the group would quit when they got their mount or shortly after which required us to get new people in who out of fairness was also allowed to roll on the mount. We farmed mounts for months and dozens of people in the guild got mounts, but my wife who had been in the farming group from the start never got one because she never won a roll. When the mount was announced for removal I tried to get the group going again (it had pretty much slowed down completely at that stage) figuring these people would do one more run for her as she'd done so many runs for them.

This mount wont replace the one robbed from her back in TBC but its better than nothing.

Deleted
    worth a try to let people know not everyone without a bear mount was a bad player
    I dont remember non retarded people ever saying it.

I didn't get the bear because i didn't raid, but i can see those who put the effort in been annoyed that its been reintroduced, the same way the people with the old pvp titles where complaining that they may lose theirs when the new titles where brought back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Calelith View Post
    I dont remember non retarded people ever saying it.

I didn't get the bear because i didn't raid, but i can see those who put the effort in been annoyed that its been reintroduced, the same way the people with the old pvp titles where complaining that they may lose theirs when the new titles where brought back.
    To be entirely honest my initial thought would have been "oh cool i can get it in green now!!!" not "fuck you blizzard!!! you're catering to casuals!!! fuck this game!!!" the people that whine about things being removed/reintroduced are just finding things to complain about...

Quote Originally Posted by Calelith View Post
    Well that isn't quite the same as those of us were concerned about losing the titles we had previously earned (which was a posibility when they first started talking about it) and it's not like Blizz was ever going to take away the amani bear from the people who already had it. However, it is like the people who were upset about the pvp titles coming back because in some ways having the pvp title was like a badge of honor to some people and other people couldn't get and that is how a lot of people view the bear as well.

Though it diverges here again because the new bears look different than the old bears whereas the new pvp titles are exactly the same and there is no way to tell when someone got the title without looking at their achievs

Keep the punctuation/grammar flaming in your pants please, people.

Now, get back on topic.

too all the people who are whining over a new amani bear mount i have a friend who has a legitimate reason why he never got his and he was a top raider in bc but hes in the marine corp and was sent to iraq and missed out on his bear mount and hes excited that he'll be able to get one im posting this in hopes that some of you can stop whining about it and think about the many raiders just like you who did not get their chance and hopefully change your opinions.
    i know lots of military that played from Iraq. not a good excuse

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    i know lots of military that played from Iraq. not a good excuse
    Just because the people you know were able to play from Iraq does not mean everyone there was able to....

Really? People are whining about the bear mount?

This community just loves devouring itself...

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Take your bear mount, I want an Ivory Raptor!