Post Lets bring TBC back!

hello, i am making a TBC raiding guild on Blackrock us, and i am looking for seroius players and a co-gm, message me if ur interested, part of the guild is going to be pure TBC raids and pvp, and for high lvl players were going to raid all the classic Wotlk raids such as uldaur and clear full content with achivs, also all social members are welcome

sorry, but what a dumb idea. whats the point? you can run old raids with a pug in your own guild
    Quote Originally Posted by Bure View Post
    That's a good story, you should throw in the Good Story Basket so we can listen to it again later.

Quote Originally Posted by illidan50 View Post
    sorry, but what a dumb idea. whats the point? you can run old raids with a pug in your own guild
    There's a difference between zerging bosses with 85's and actually doing the strategies with level appropriate characters, which I assume is what he meant since he said "and for high lvl players".
    Even so, with the new talent builds and such I doubt it'll be the same as it was in TBC. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    Talk to Bibi, he´s a reasonable guy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Stop being a giant trolling asshole.
    See, I can say nasty things in public!

It won't be. It had more sence in wotlk

New gems, new spells/talents, boss nerfs, mechanics changes.

If you want the encounters to be comparable to what they were during TBC, you need to find a private server (hee hee, illegal, i know). 3.X (+ the 30% nerf) made the TBC content pretty much zergable without any fancy tactics. 4.X most likely just enhanced it, so either you'd run with too few people for some encounters while just zerging the rest down just like any 5man normal instance.
    TLDR: If/when you get a (semi)-full raid, the content won't last a week.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    lets not!
    honestly? Why would you want to see old raids again, there will never be any new content for lvl 70, after a while, you'll hate it

Quote Originally Posted by Bleunappy View Post
    There's a difference between zerging bosses with 85's and actually doing the strategies with level appropriate characters, which I assume is what he meant since he said "and for high lvl players".
    Even so, with the new talent builds and such I doubt it'll be the same as it was in TBC. :/
    There's also a difference between doing TBC content at level 70 right now and at level 70 during TBC. New talent trees and the 3.0 boss nerfs completely change the impact of level 70 raids. Even if you go in with a level 70 group, you're still overpowering the instance.

No one will ever get the TBC raiding experience again, level 70 or not. Imo, I agree that it's a pointless exercise.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    It might be pointless but who cares? It sounds like a fun idea. Turn off your exp gains at lvl 70 and gear out in heroics and hit up kara and progress through the rest of TBC raids. Would be fun to do on off days.

Thanks to Scythen for the sig

10+ Year Old Account
    If the OP is optimistic about having fun with something he claims will be fun for him and a possibility for others, why decide to flame him because he doesn't share your (the people that were calling the idea pointless or stupid, etc) ideas of entertainment?

Games are meant to be enjoyed, thus is the point of the game. If he is having fun while abiding by the rules of the game, it's far from pointless.

Unholy[S]haman of the MMOwned forum has a TBC raiding guild. Check it out! I'm unable to find the link right now, but just google him or search for it on MMOwned.

TBC raiding FTW, but it won't be the same because all the raids got nerfed by 30%, so they are all VERY EASY now