Simple Question - Unlocking Heroic Raids

So, we are 11/12 (10M) on normal mode, we have Cho'gal down and Al'akir down, still wiping o nef (having problems on p3).
    We can pretty much start heroics on BoT because everyone already killed Cho'gal.
    But how about BWD, I mean, we didn't killed Nef yet, BUT if I bring someone that killed Nef already, can we unlock the heroic modes for that place, or everyone have to had killed Nef to unlock the BWD heroic content? I know it worked on Wrath, but i'm not sure if we can still use this feature.

dont you think you should finish nef first before doing heroic modes in BWD? or do heroic modes in BoT or four winds

If the raid leader has killed Nef, he can turn it to heroic. He can then leave and the instance will still be set to heroic until you change it back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    If the raid leader has killed Nef, he can turn it to heroic. He can then leave and the instance will still be set to heroic until you change it back to normal.
    Thanks a lot, that's all that I wanted to know

When I was outside Bot, the raid leader turned it to heroic, and I hadn't downed cho'gal, I was unable to enter the instance. This seems contradictory to what Xaru has said. Are you sure you are able to enter a heroic raid when you haven't killed the last boss?

Quote Originally Posted by praide View Post
    When I was outside Bot, the raid leader turned it to heroic, and I hadn't downed cho'gal, I was unable to enter the instance. This seems contradictory to what Xaru has said. Are you sure you are able to enter a heroic raid when you haven't killed the last boss?
    You can. Raid lockouts have just been buggy since the introduction of the new system for them.

Quote Originally Posted by praide View Post
    The leader has to walk in first before you can walk in otherwise it will say you can't do heroic modes.

Quote Originally Posted by dashaus View Post
    The leader has to walk in first before you can walk in otherwise it will say you can't do heroic modes.
    ahh gotcha. It was about two weeks ago but I think he was already inside the instance when i tried to enter, could be wrong though as I don't completely remember that detail. Either way, thanks to both of the above posters.