[Music] Post-Hardcore thread

Since Post-Hardcore (or soft-Metalcore is a genre of it's own, I might as well post what I like. I'm really open concerning music, so I want to know what you guys like! Feel free to discuss anything related as well! Anyway, here goes nothing:

- Chiodos
    - Fall of Troy
    - D.R.U.G.S [Destroy Rebuild Until God Shows]
    - Attack Attack!
    - Abandon All Ships
    - Blessthefall
    - A Day to Remember
    - Dance Gavin Dance

What about you guys?

Oh good lord. How can I even name them all!

-A Day To Remember
    -Asking Alexandria
    -Blessthefall
    -Bring Me The Horizon
    -Chiodos (new album is soooooo good)
    -The Color Morale
    -Eyes Set To Kill
    -Four Year Strong
    -Greeley Estates
    -I See Stars
    -In Fear And Faith
    -It Prevails
    -Iwrestledabearonce
    -Memphis May Fire
    -Miss May I
    -Mychildren Mybride
    -Of Mice & Men
    -Pierce The Veil
    -Saosin
    -Stick To Your Guns
    -Underoath (old stuff)
    -The Used (not sure if they're hardcore, but they got me into the genre)
    -We Came As Romans
    -Woe, Is Me
    -The World Alive

And that's just whats on my iTunes lol. Always on the lookout for great hardcore bands.

Not to hate, but LOL @Attack Attack! I heard that song smokahontas, and when that epic build up dropped and it went into like techno dance singing, I almost cried I was laughing so hard. They have the potential to be sooooo good as a hardcore band.

must.. resist.. flaming..

wow parkway drive
    carpathian
    2 of the best

No love for Thrice? :/

I really only like the older post-hardcore.

At the Drive In, The Mars Volta(sorta, but not as PH as AtDI), etc. The new stuff you guys mentioned is just annoying to me(not to mention a few of these bands are metalcore, not post-hardcore).

My post-hardcore line up involves Fugazi, Refused, Husker Du, At the Drive-In, and if you include hints of post-punk, or hardcore punk, we can also throw in NoMeansNo, Wipers, Big Black and Jesus Lizard and the British answer, Mclusky.

A bit of a shame that a lot of the original post-hardcore is being forgotten in place of metalcore bands aping the post-hardcore aesthetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jamie's Elsewhere and Underoath are the best bands IMO.
    Eyes set to Kill and Devil Wears Prada are the most overrated. =P

10+ Year Old Account
    My post-hardcore line up involves Fugazi, Refused, Husker Du, At the Drive-In, and if you include hints of post-punk, or hardcore punk, we can also throw in NoMeansNo, Wipers, Big Black and Jesus Lizard and the British answer, Mclusky.

A bit of a shame that a lot of the original post-hardcore is being forgotten in place of metalcore bands aping the post-hardcore aesthetic.
    ^this guy knows whats up.

young kids with yr confounded metalcore, go dig this old school jam: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXM3D2iEGjw

Gonna go ahead and bless this thread with two real Post-Hardcore songs. Both of which are from easily some of the best albums of the 2000-2010 decade.

Down with the Metalcore bands that call themselves Post-Hardcore, dammit!

Alot of people have gone off topic with the bands. But I just recently discovered a new band that almost knowone knows about so.. here they are.

Feel free to leave any opinions

10+ Year Old Account
    No love for Enter Shikari?

A day to remember are also OK in my book

And Escape the Fate. I really like Hot for teacher spoof
    Delu čast in oblast!
    Praise the work and give it power!

Quote Originally Posted by Zykenwolf View Post
    Alot of people have gone off topic with the bands. But I just recently discovered a new band that almost knowone knows about so.. here they are.
    Huh? The only people that are actually on-topic with regards to the genre are myself, jreg and coliseum. Every other bands posted here is metalcore, and some of them are metalcore with post-hardcore influences. None of these more "modern" bands posted are true post-hardcore.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Huh? The only people that are actually on-topic with regards to the genre are myself, jreg and coliseum. Every other bands posted here is metalcore, and some of them are metalcore with post-hardcore influences. None of these more "modern" bands posted are true post-hardcore.
    yes, OP should kind of change the name of the threat because even he posted mostly Metalcore, as well as anyone els besides the people you have stated. The thread kind of leaned into the metalcore scene a bit lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Gonna go ahead and bless this thread with two real Post-Hardcore songs. Both of which are from easily some of the best albums of the 2000-2010 decade.

Down with the Metalcore bands that call themselves Post-Hardcore, dammit!
    You are a wonderful man. It's been a long time since I got out my At the Drive-In albums and this made me go hunt them down. That's some real post-hardcore right there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funeral For A Friend's first album (Casually Dressed A Deep In Conversation) and latest album, (Welcome Home Armagedden) the stuff they did in between was horrible emo rubbish

coheed and cambria
    million dead

yepp