Thread: Healing Ring

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Healing Ring

Band of Secret Names
    +286 Stamina
    +190 Intellect
    Equip: Increases your critical strike rating by 127.
    Equip: Increases your haste rating by 127.

or

Vicious Gladiator's Band of Dominance
    +301 Stamina
    +201 Intellect
    +134 Spirit
    Equip: Increases your resilience rating by 134.

?

You don't bring PvP into PvE and you don't bring PvE into PvP nuff said.
    WoW only has 10 million subscribers it must be dying! WoW sucks!
    I'm sorry no, clearly you didn't see Chuck Norris allowed 10 million to survive his Purge.

First question: How's your regen?

If it's crappy, run with the Dominance ring.
    If it's not, take the Band of Secret Names and reforge the crit into either Spirit or Mastery...

But this is a pretty crappy comparison to set up.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I'm a shadow priest who is switching to healing for heroic modes. I have 6k int and 2260 spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by P4R45171K View Post
    Debate is due to the strong weighting of primary stats.

I would say band of secret names, its tough for 11 of a primary stat and 7 more of a secondary to beat out 127 of a secondary stat.

To 2nd question. 359 gear. Missing half your secondaries would most likely out weigh the spirit and int gains from using pvp gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by heriana View Post
    I'm a shadow priest who is switching to healing for heroic modes. I have 6k int and 2260 spirit.
    Then you have more than enough spirit, and I'm wondering how the hell you have that much Intellect if you have to ask questions like this? Where's your haste at?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Then you have more than enough spirit, and I'm wondering how the hell you have that much Intellect if you have to ask questions like this? Where's your haste at?
    I haven't healed raids in over 3 years. My haste is 10%.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    Debate is due to the strong weighting of primary stats.
    There's no debate about it, you just don't do it.
    WoW only has 10 million subscribers it must be dying! WoW sucks!
    I'm sorry no, clearly you didn't see Chuck Norris allowed 10 million to survive his Purge.

Quote Originally Posted by heriana View Post
    I haven't healed raids in over 3 years. My haste is 10%.
    Your haste is not enough. You have more Spirit than necessary, and your intellect's solid.

How much PvP gear are you soaking again to have such low haste (presumably low mastery, as well?)

Your haste is not enough. You have more Spirit than necessary, and your intellect's solid.

How much PvP gear are you soaking again to have such low haste (presumably low mastery, as well?)
    I'm not currently wearing any pvp gear. I'm at 7.56 crit and 14.69 mastery (including the standard 8)

Is that really enough spirit? I only have spirit on like half of my gear.

Kelesti likes running low Spirit, and it works for her and alot of other Priests, especially in 25mans. If you're in 10s or otherwise don't get fed Innervates and MTTs, more Spirit is good. Just don't get so much that you're hurting your output for excess regen, but only you and your blue bar can make the decision on when enough is too much for you.

I actually don't get fed Innervates, and haven't been since before I went off my main (those shifted to the Paladins). I also don't know how I could be "fed" Mana Tides. I mean, they're (There's only actually one healing Shaman in my group) there, they're for everyone, and should be taken advantage of.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2011-04-06 at 02:56 PM.

Neither. But out of those 2, Secret Names.

The pve ring is better, just reforge the crit to spirit.

I actually don't get fed Innervates, and haven't been since before I went off my main (those shifted to the Paladins). I also don't know how I could be "fed" Mana Tides. I mean, they're (There's only actually one healing Shaman in my group) there, they're for everyone, and should be taken advantage of.
    Please don't think I meant any insult, I only meant that not everyone can run on as little Spirit as you do but also that it shouldn't be Prio#1. I'm lacking Any Innervates or MTTs in my group so I assumed that made up some of the differences. Seeing as how we have no Armory link or really any info on the OP other than his Intel and Spirit levels and that he's not used to Cata healing yet (this especially) I simply thought that jumping to tell him that he needs less Spirit may be a bit premature or at least that another view could be considered by him.

I'm a huge fan of differing (intelligent) views giving out pros and cons so that the ones reading can make an informed decision. Even the recent Haste vs Mastery debate has been highly entertaining for me...even though it is getting a bit stale now and those of us with opinions have cemented them by now I'm sure.

Of course.

I seemed to do fine last night. We did 4/4 BWD (Heroic Halfus) and 2/2 TOTFW. I only had trouble with mana on some of the beginning attempts on halfus. On the rest of the fights, I had virtually no mana problems. I got my 372 chest tier, but I still have 8 pieces of gear without spirit. I think I'ma go for more spirit so I can rotate in more flash heals. We don't have very strict healing assignments, so I often have to interrupt my greater heals as they are too slow.

The time spent casting Greater Heal is less than two globals, so if you're interrupting it for a Flash Heal, you're already losing time.

Giving up more itemization for a spell you shouldn't be casting often, just for the sake of being able to cast it more, is kind of a little, I dunno, weird?

The time spent casting Greater Heal is less than two globals, so if you're interrupting it for a Flash Heal, you're already losing time.

Giving up more itemization for a spell you shouldn't be casting often, just for the sake of being able to cast it more, is kind of a little, I dunno, weird?
    I wouldn't interrupt it for flash heal, I would cast flash heal instead. In normal modes the healing needed is so low that I find myself doing nothing some of the time. I cast greater heal, but someone else usually heals the target before my heal lands. In heroics, I find I run oom spamming greater heals. I can't imagine that 2200 spirit is more than enough when the top healers have way way more than that and they aren't reforging out of spirit.

---------- Post added 2011-04-06 at 06:40 PM ----------

It seems to me that almost all of the spells have a time and a place where they should be used.

Quote Originally Posted by P4R45171K View Post
    For the short term, you do.
    Using the 4set of PvP gear is better than using 333 and some 346 as you gear up for a new role or spec.
    I get it, a Rogue daggerpoked your ass a few too many times, but you don't have to cry about every bit of PvP in the game, inclusive of the gear.