Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I think that nobody knows and nobody (living) will ever figure it out, so it's not something anyone should worry about.
    Doesn't play WoW but continues to lurk MMO-Champion.

I believe you have the option to either run back to your corpse and continue living, or you can take a penalty on your physical body through the consultation of a spirit healer.

Deleted
    Your body stops working and your consciousness no longer exists. Some people think this is depressing but to me it's comforting. Death is as unknown as space and both seems to be a big dark void. Being dead seems to be infinite and so does space. When you die you no longer are aware of yourself or anything, including time. Death is like you'll be flying in space at infinite speed in (almost?) infinite time, no one wont know will you end up somewhere. A big leap to unknown void.

But when you're not aware of anything when you're dead then it's pointless to worry about death. When you die you wont be in sorrow and thinking how your life is over and you lost everything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Remember, this topic was previously closed due to it going to much into religion (a forbidden topic on these forums). See that it doesn't go that way again or this one will have to be locked too.

Your vision goes black and it says game over. Then nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    The day I play anything entitled 'Boi' is the day I relinquish my sanity.
    I'm Dyslexic, so deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you strap a bomb to your chest and blow up civilians you get to meet allah and play with his virgins.

Not appropriate at all...~Fuzz
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2011-04-06 at 12:53 AM.

You die and then wake up to see a Corpsman over you.

But in all seriousness, I believe there is a afterlife, and if someone says otherwise, and tries to change that belief, I will punch them right in the face for such a insult.

10+ Year Old Account
    i believe people make there own "heaven". after death, the body ceases to live by human science perspective, but no one knows if you are actually aware of your being or not. perhaps you still dream, and that is where your "heaven" lies.

"Thank God I only live once, I'd hate to do the same sh*t all over agian"

Deleted
    I'm an agnostic atheist, and no, you can't be an agnostic. I don't believe in anything after but I'd like to think that right at the end you panic. Your brain completely overloads in confusion and searches for the single most beautiful moment you'd ever experienced. You see that one thing that made your life worth living and as you die the moment stretches on forever. Soppy and flowery, but it's not a bad way to go out is it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    We either rot in the ground or make those guys from "The Ghost Hunters" pee themselves, while haunting some poor newlywed couple .P

As one who follows a modified epicurianist belief system, it is my thought that there are gods of some sort, though the soul dies along with the body. Thus no afterlife.

How dare you stereotype us without an afterlife as atheists!

---------- Post added 2011-04-06 at 04:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    We either rot in the ground or make those guys from "The Ghost Hunters" pee themselves, while haunting some poor newlywed couple .P
    Everything in your signature was true and worth pointing out so.

man, threads like these make me so damn nauseous but I can't stay way from reading them. I forget all the time that there is a finality, and then I read these threads and get paranoid lol. If I am going to kick the bucket, at least give me the ability to be in my dreams forever.

Quote Originally Posted by wildemu View Post
    man, threads like these make me so damn nauseous but I can't stay way from reading them. I forget all the time that there is a finality, and then I read these threads and get paranoid lol. If I am going to kick the bucket, at least give me the ability to be in my dreams forever.
    Would that not be horrifying though? To be trapped within a grave, while your conscience still goes on?

i beleive as soon as we die we will be reborn as another living thing, if its a shark or an ant or human again i believe in reincarnation

10+ Year Old Account
    when you die your gone the end

15+ Year Old Account
    If you're a shitty person, you get rerolled to a holy paladin and have to face a human warrior with a 372 weapon in a 1v1 arena match for eternity. Pre colossus smash nerf.

--- --- --- --- --- --- ---

--- --- --- --- --- --- ---

i believe that consciousness simply remodels the universe. you have no memory or emotion just conscious then you gain a body with new limits and restrictions. i believe this because it is already known that for example only under conscious observation to electrons move in patterns. It puts a high value on life when you consider that you only have one opportunity to see your own universe before it is gone and your in another. I think it would be more fulfilling to know that what you do now may be non existent. what you know now can be non constant.

p.s does anyone know if this is like any religious belief whatsoever
    Last edited by warlocked; 2011-04-06 at 05:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My money is on reincarnation. Come on Orca! That would be sweet, buuuuut if it's anything like I think it is it's literally nothingness with no conscious thought to know it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malphass View Post
    I couldn't bring myself to what my own logic tells me is right and say that there is absolutely nothing, it simply drives my insane. I can't fathom it.
    You pretty much summed up my answer right there. I think it seems the most plausible that nothing happens after you die, but the thought of that really screws with my brain.

I do like the idea of being reincarnated as something else, though. I honestly don't really believe in reincarnation, I just think it would be pretty cool if that is what happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampantsoto View Post
    Once Vin Diesel is an adult I will feed him more than just crickets

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    I love how people have an opinion on this...

You havnt died...

so...

How can you have an answer?
    The title is 'What do you THINK happens after you die' not 'What do you KNOW happens after you die'.

reading fail.

---------- Post added 2011-04-06 at 05:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    I'd be annoyed if I died, and all I could see was a giant sign saying;

'Level 2'
    Why? You just leveled up! Go talk to your trainer! Maybe hit up the AH for some greens!
    Last edited by deathtakes; 2011-04-06 at 05:32 AM.