Demo haste question RE: immolate and soft caps?

I understand that the next tick of Immolate for us is at 3264 (3105 for us goblins), but I'm just wondering if there are soft haste caps or a single soft cap before then (which is basically unreachable at this stage anyway) where we may be missing out on an immolate tick when firing off our HoG's after it's 12 sec CD + cast/travel time to refresh immolate? Ie (and this is by no means any maths here, just an example) at one level of haste we have immo ticking at 11.7 secs and next tick is at 14.2 secs, but our HoG's 12 + 1.5sec cast and ~.5 sec travel time, mean that if casted as soon as it's off CD, it'd hit the target at 14 and hence, will have missed an Immolate tick. Now if we had a little more haste, 11.5 becomes say 11.2 and next tick becomes 13.5, then HoG would land after the tick. Again, this is all just an example, not true maths at all.

Or is it that Immolate keeps ticking at the same intervals, regardless of when HoG hits? As in from start of boss fight to end, assuming 100% uptime of immolate, it will have ticked every 2.5 seconds (or whatever haste has brought it down to) irrespective of when HoG is cast/hit?

Does this make any sense or am I missing some basic fundamentals of how haste is working now?

Deleted
    Recasting dots does not reset the dot anymore. This means the duration gets longer by casting HoG... so if you have 100% uptime of immolate, ten it ticks like every 2.5 seconds. Totally steady.

DoTs will continue to tick at the same rate as they did before you refreshed them. If you refresh a DoT that had 1 second left before it'd tick, it'll still tick 1 second after you refresh it.

Also in general the extra Immolate ticks aren't worth worrying about as Demonology. It can come into play on multiple targets, but on any target you're consistently landing Hand of Gul'dan on, the extra tick will not be noticeable... As you'll be refreshing Immolate before it can ever matter.
    Last edited by Cluck; 2011-04-06 at 02:39 PM.

Great, thx for that and the quick responses

/thread