Heroic Halfus (10 Man) Strat?

Hello!

So I'm becoming more and more frustrated trying to find the 'sweet spot' in raid comp for 10-man Heroic Halfus. I see some strats saying 3 tanks, I see some saying 4 healers, I see some saying neither are necessary.

And on top that, I'm still not sure which release pattern is the best.

I watched a video with three tanks and three healers release all drakes and whelps (Excluding the... stone one I think) and just focusing one drake at a time while the Whelps passively die.

Anyways, I feel our raid is skilled enough for the encounter, but I'm not liking this RNG or whatever nonsense that's coming between us and figuring out what would be the best plan of attack.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

we used 2 tanks and was extremely intensive on the healers but as soon as the first drake fell it got easy (cant remember the name of the drake we took out first)

My raid used 2 tanks 3 heals from the start, not too hard at all.

2 tanks, have one on halfus and the other on 3 drakes + whelps (release everything at the start of the fight) and just nuke 'em down one by one (Storm -> Time -> Nether Scion) and the whelps can die to cleaves and other aoe. The healing is pretty intense though, so make sure your healers are on their game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

id say tank n spank

My guild uses 3 tanks.

1 tank releases the whelps, and picks up the storm rider, 1 tank grabs the nether scion and time warden, the third gets halfus. We knock out the whelps first, and that tank(me) taunts halfus once a switch is needed. Once the first halfus tank's stacks are clear, I'll release the slate dragon and tank it(storm rider was second target so it's dead by this time). From there, we just kill the time warden, scion, slate, and beat down halfus. Having a combat rogue sit on halfus after your first kill target does down and blade flurry everything helps a lot.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

My guild uses 2 tanks and 4 healers (2 of them being atonement specced disc priests)

Pretty easy.

my guild uses 3 tanks and 3 healers, we have one Tank on Storm, Time and whelps, the other 2 tanks swap between Halfus and Nether. We nuke down Storm then Nether, Whelps usually die from splash damage so dont have to worry about them, then finish off Time and then on Halfus. At that point we do a 3 tank rotation on Halfus so the debuff never stack to high, We pop Bloodlust right at the start too.

Just downed him:

Raid comp: 1 Pally tank, 1 War Tank, 1 DK Tank -- Pally Healer, Druid Healer, Shaman Healer -- Warlock, Mage, Rogue, Hunter

It helped a lot that we had 2 BoPs and a Divine Shield to reset the Malevolent Strikes during the first taunt rotation, making the tanks taunting a hell of a lot easier.

Point is: I think our problem lied with that we were only pulling 3 drakes/whelps instead of the 4 together. The third tank helped drastically in managing them all, and was FAR easier once we adopted this strategy.

Moving out of the flame patches was really easy, and since the fireballs were slowed down because of the whelps, raid damage dropped immensely.

Anyways, thanks for you help, finally got him down after weeks of beating our heads against a wall!

got a pally tank and pally healer as all good 10 mans should? pull all drakes but that slag that stuns @ the start, and HoP off the healing debuff staks, then release that slag that stuns the big slag boss when she is at about 50%

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foodstamp View Post
    my guild uses 3 tanks and 3 healers, we have one Tank on Storm, Time and whelps, the other 2 tanks swap between Halfus and Nether. We nuke down Storm then Nether, Whelps usually die from splash damage so dont have to worry about them, then finish off Time and then on Halfus. At that point we do a 3 tank rotation on Halfus so the debuff never stack to high, We pop Bloodlust right at the start too.
    This. Except I did it with a pug :P and we had high aoe dps so we decided to kill whelps first (partially bc I'm an arms warrior so by getting welps down I could use sweeping strikes while attacking halfus on cooldown to do a lot of extra damage to both halfus and drakes). But yeah that release pattern is definitely easiest imo. With that, no tank is taking huge amounts of damage while also having debuff, so healing is much easier.