My F keys dont work... pls help

Hello, I am not an expert in these things and I do not want to try things by luck because I may destroy everything.
    My problem is that I got a new Keyboard, not something fancy, just a plain wireless logitech keyboard and my F1, F2, F3, .....etc keys are not working at all. Is there a way I can make them work or the keyboard is broken?

is there a F Lock on your keyboard, i do have this key on my basic wireless microsoft keyboard, this F Lock key is there because F keys usually have a 2nd purpose like hotkey to email ,save ,new or undo etc

Deleted
    Make sure that your F keys are not bound to special functions (like screen brightness UP/DOWN, volume UP/DOWN and such) and that those function are not enabled by default, without the need to press a combination of keys.

My new laptop (an HP ENVY 17) got this "problem" (even if I see it as a bizarre usability problem): the F keys have utility functions bound to them (volume, brightness, wireless and such) but by default they're triggered with just the F key press, and not the standard Fn+Fkey combo.

Thx a lot for the response. I am at work now... will check it when I am home and hope I can fix this.