Deleted

Demo lock vs affliction for pvp ?

I'm Fairly new to pvp'ing as lock..
    I did some back in the good old days in tbc as SL/SL specced lock..
    I've now started again, with a 2v2 team with a enhancement shaman. I've so far done it as Demo. I find it really usefull with the stun from the felguard, and entangle/possible stun from Hand of Gul'dan. Also i find the dmg outpút from the felguard with ww and demonic Empowerment lovely. And the increased armor from meta and the escape ability in Demonic leap are nice aswell.. How ever when i look at the 2v2 ladder for my region(cyclone eu) and look at warlocks, i rarely see any demo locks among them. Mostly filled out with Affliction locks, and some destro locks...

Are Affliction locks that more powerfull in pvp ? Are the survivebility and control options greater than that of demo ?
    and is the burst of destro worth anything these days in pvp ?

Also i'm encountering great issues, every time we encounter a disc priest.. any points on how to beat a combo with a disc priest ?

Destro seems to be the least played spec; Demo works in burst comps as it has really nice long CC chains (longer than affliction). Affliction works better on teams that can hard swap to a 50% target and burst them down fast. Teams that can pressure two targets at once (LSD2/WLS(orWLD) etc) while Demo seems to work better in RLS / MLS teams.

At the moment, priests and resto shammys (and pretty much any healer atm) will wreck you due to the current state of dispels. Warlocks are just not great in 2s atm. Try getting a 3s team together.

Demo suffers from what all casters who have to cast direct damage spells suffer from, they are easily shut down either by dispels or interrupts. Demo is a lil bit better off than most because your demon does a lot of damage and you have one heck of a cd in meta, but once you get focused and meta is on cd it is very hard to put out any pressure yourself. With demo you are forced to stand in the "fire" and cast while aff you can dot and run. Between double melee smashing in your face and interrupting everything you try to cas, healers dispelling all your dots, and casters interuppting, spell stealing, and getting off spells off at a faster rate demo just isn't really viable. Blizz has pigeon hold locks into aff for doing any meaningful pvp. With the buffs to aff in 4.1 and no mention of even trying to "fix" the other two specs, go aff......boring.
    Last edited by Shamygandof; 2011-04-06 at 08:36 PM.

OK i main demo as pvp. i LOVE it. its way more fun, has more cc, has A LOT more burst, and can't get zerged like affliction can. affliction in 2's is useless. you dont get much incoming life, your targets get D.R. fast. and no burst, this will be diff next patch though. for the moment demo/feral or demo/dk or demo/spriest is crazy good and can take out any comp.

to be good at demo i strongly suggest dueling and NOT popping demon form at all. once you can beat anyone (except good mages) 1v1 than you are a beast when you start to utilize demon form.
    Last edited by Shadowsedict; 2011-04-07 at 08:59 PM.