10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Dual boot Win 7 and Mac OS on a pc

Dual boot Win 7 and Mac OS on a pc?

is this possible? iv'e heard that it is, i just think you need a cracked copy of macOS or something. I need this because i want to create a presentation for school using keynote so i can present it using my iphone. i don't like powerpoint in comparison and it will defiantly be easier to present reading from my phone rather that the board located behind me.

Deleted
    I'd like to redirect you to this page:
    http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
    Good luck.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not to burst your bubble (and this also depends on how old / what grade you're in), but reading off a powerpoint is the best way you can make people hate your presentation.

Also no, you need a real copy of both OS's, not cracked ones.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Also, it's illegal to install OSX on non-apple hardware
    Look ahead and see, there's still so many borders we could cross
    Just you and me, making up for all the time that we have lost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    Not to burst your bubble (and this also depends on how old / what grade you're in), but reading off a powerpoint is the best way you can make people hate your presentation.

Very true. You should know what you're talking about and let the Powerpoint help the audience to understand more what it's about, not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeriphal View Post
    Also, it's illegal to install OSX on non-apple hardware
    Here in Belgium it isn't.

EULA's don't apply here, not in court anyway, so you're allowed to run OSX on a PC
    Cracking OSX however is illegal, but the USE of cracked software is "legal" (Distributing it isn't.)
    Last edited by mmocf3173aaef6; 2011-04-06 at 02:47 PM.

What you want to do is possible, but it takes a fair amount of knowledge and technical skill. It is probably outside the scope of these forums, as the process is entirely dependent on the exact hardware you have. And as previously posted, yes it is against the law. There really is no cracked versions of OSX since the software is only intended to be installed on a closed platform so there is really no need for Apple to add much piracy protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post

EULA's don't apply here, not in court anyway, so you're allowed to run OSX on a PC
    Cracking OSX however is illegal, but the USE of cracked software is "legal" (Distributing it isn't.)
    True, I should've specified that it's only illegal in countries that consider the EULA legally binding.
    Look ahead and see, there's still so many borders we could cross
    Just you and me, making up for all the time that we have lost.

yeah I should have been more specific about that as well

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.hackintosh.com/
    This is a guide on how to get Mac OS X 10.5 "Leopard" or Mac OS X 10.6 "Snow Leopard" running on a PC, while also having Windows on your Hard Drive. It takes knowledge, some skill, careful following of guides, and no attachment to your computers well being. It may also cost you money if you're really intent on doing it (i.e. if you have to replace a component that does not support Mac)

EDIT: A link off hackintosh.com that's probably more suitable - http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/...c-os-x-on.html
    Last edited by Fixati0n; 2011-04-06 at 03:16 PM.

After reading a bit the process looks to be a lot more simple than it used to be. Many auto install disks are available around the interwebs. If you are going to do a project like this I assume you already know where to find them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post

i have a copy of snow leapard that a friend will let me use. we tried this before but i figured i'd get background info this time

<3 Belgium .

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    A less troublesome way of doing it without setting up a dual boot for someone less knowledgable about computers is to use VirtualBox to run an operating system. This way the virtual partition does not involve editing the booting sequence. Ideal for doing some messing around if you dont wish to affect your main os.

http://www.virtualbox.org/

All it requires is the .iso file for the operating system.

Just an option if its something as simple as running two peices of software on the one machine for a school presentation.

15+ Year Old Account

MMO-Champion's servers are based in the US, where EULAs are binding. Also, topics involving illegal activities are not permitted on these forums.

Thread locked.