Thread: pretty unfair

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    didnt come back until 50 minutes later
    Yaaaa I would kick you so hard and fast your head would spin.

Quote Originally Posted by Gritalian View Post
    I agree with this...

But this guild replaced him with a player who's in the 330's for gear level.

So claiming they are replacing him for the sake of progression, and then bringing in a warrior who sounds like he doesn't even have 1 piece of Reputation Epic gear, let alone having done every Heroic Dungeon, sounds like a step back in progression.

I'd really like to see the OP's Armory... things in this story just don't add up.
    not only that but Ret at 3-4th place DPS is nice, it also means the raid gets the 3% damage buff and Replenishment....

idk, i want to believe your idea that the new MT's a douche and said "he leaves or i leave"

I went back and read more of the comments in this thread and I wonder if the guild usually has just enough people to raid if the OP raided, so they "overlooked" OP's deficiencies so raids didn't have to be cancelled. And they planned to replace him as soon as they had someone. Due to circumstances the replacement happened mid raid.

But instead of the guild handling it the right way, the chose to air all the dirty laundry right then and there.

Perhaps if the leaders had even an ounce of tact, they could have simply told a little white lie and said he was replaced for this raid because he was gone so long and then dealt with the real issue later.

---

Something that cracks me up in this thread are people who absolutely assume the OP is lying. His story sounds quite plausible, especially since he's quite upfront about what he's lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Willelm View Post
    You're getting really defensive here.
    A ret paladin should be doing fairly awesome DPS
    I never subjected my character to pvp gear for pve;
    1) people on this forum always blame the OP.... always
    2) not really, sounds like hes about where he should be in terms of DPS meters
    3) kk, your opinion, its wrong, but you're entitled to it....

Seriously no1 noticed how one of the Server's best tank's joined, they got into a fight, then he got booted?
    no1 can see how this is obviously a drama issue, not a playstyle one
    and also: stop with the "50 minutes ur fault", every1 agrees he shoulda (and probably was) replaced that night, but being afk that long does not warrant a boot from the progression team....

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blackmore View Post
    It's reasonable to wait 5 minutes or more for someone who is a regular raider to come back. It's disrespectful of that person's contribution and dedication to not wait a reasonable amount of time for them to come back.

You're really good at playing the "eff you" card.
    It's not reasonable to wait an hour, however. Or to have to deal with someone disconnecting multiple times during raids consistently.
    Secure accounts ftw!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    "KING VARIAN, DEATHWING HAS DESTROYED HALF OF STORMWIND, WHAT DO WE DO!?"

"Build a statue of your king."

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blackmore View Post
    It's reasonable to wait 5 minutes or more for someone who is a regular raider to come back. It's disrespectful of that person's contribution and dedication to not wait a reasonable amount of time for them to come back.

You're really good at playing the "eff you" card.
    I guess it depends on how much you feel like sitting around. That's cool that you like to sit around. We wouldn't have got along.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilcheeks View Post
    I guess it depends on how much you feel like sitting around. That's cool that you like to sit around. We wouldn't have got along.
    You're right, we wouldn't. Because you're exactly the kind of impatient raider I wouldn't put up with. Good raid leaders know how to manage their raids and value their consistent dedicated raiders. I doubt you value anything except yourself.

So no, we wouldn't get along at all. And I'd be sure to let you know at every opportunity.

---------- Post added 2011-04-06 at 04:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Willelm View Post
    It's not reasonable to wait an hour, however. Or to have to deal with someone disconnecting multiple times during raids consistently.
    Of course. I was talking to Lilselfishcheeks in particular.

---------- Post added 2011-04-06 at 04:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zombikilla View Post
    and also: stop with the "50 minutes ur fault", every1 agrees he shoulda (and probably was) replaced that night, but being afk that long does not warrant a boot from the progression team....
    This is why there's more to this story that we (or the OP) knows. I'm really starting to think they were carrying him so they wouldn't have to cancel raids and bailed on him at first opportunity.

2) not really, sounds like hes about where he should be in terms of DPS meters
    3) kk, your opinion, its wrong, but you're entitled to it....

Seriously no1 noticed how one of the Server's best tank's joined, they got into a fight, then he got booted?
    no1 can see how this is obviously a drama issue, not a playstyle one
    You only quoted for for the first three sentences of an entire post, so I'm kind of like ????? with your post.

In regards to your second "point", so far this guy hasn't linked an armory in this thread or even told us what his DPS is for any of his fights. So how do you know he's where he needs to be with his DPS? Where'd you get this info? He's wearing wearing a PVP weapon and shoulders and doesn't sound like he is getting any bonus effects from it. Also, as I said in my previous post, if you're lagging or have low FPS when your DPS is going to suffer a lot.

I'd appreciate an armory link at the very least. And it's pretty obvious this guy wasn't kicked for just being AFK, it was a bunch of other things other people summed up, if you can bring yourself to read more than a few sentences of each post.
    Secure accounts ftw!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    "KING VARIAN, DEATHWING HAS DESTROYED HALF OF STORMWIND, WHAT DO WE DO!?"

"Build a statue of your king."

Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    I was stuck in a car accident.
    This just raises SO MANY OTHER QUESTIONS.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Sounds like you were a flaky tank that gave no explanation why you were flaky.

Also if you were in a car accident why didn't you mention that in the first post? Why did it take someone prodding you to say that. Seems like BS to me as well...

You even admitted that your connection, your interest in the game, and your attendance have all been issues at some point in the past 3 weeks. Seems like a reasonable thing to do when you disappear without saying a word.

Deleted
    Your old PC/lag is causing more trouble than you told us or you have a poor attendance to your raids or your dps/performance are worse then you told us OR you didn't told us the whole "story" else there is no reason the guild wants you out.

hmm, sounds like the new tank is making some drama to me, im not gonna call you a liar because for all i care it could be true and a kick from that nights raid was in its place considering you were gone for 50 minutes, however your guildies making nasty comments then you return is in no way acceptable behavior since you had a somewhat valid reason to be absent for that long.

OP sounds like he needs a guild that values the individual more than the whole, that fits better with his more casual style of play, and that doesn't treat WoW like a second job. Being replaced one night for being gone too long is totally understandable (as is your reason for being late), but the rest sounds very douchy on the part of the guild.

Really at this point there is no reason to "push" progression except for personal reasons; the world firsts are all finished, most realm firsts are finished on realms that matter (and on realms where it doesn't, guilds are far enough that they won't get realm first Nef/Sinestra/Al'akir before Firelands anyway), so there's no reason to raid nonstop other than the standard e-peen stroking versus other guilds, and that is IMO a bigger problem that needs to be addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    OP sounds like he needs a guild that values the individual more than the whole, that fits better with his more casual style of play, and that doesn't treat WoW like a second job. Being replaced one night for being gone too long is totally understandable (as is your reason for being late), but the rest sounds very douchy on the part of the guild.

Really at this point there is no reason to "push" progression except for personal reasons; the world firsts are all finished, most realm firsts are finished on realms that matter (and on realms where it doesn't, guilds are far enough that they won't get realm first Nef/Sinestra/Al'akir before Firelands anyway), so there's no reason to raid nonstop other than the standard e-peen stroking versus other guilds, and that is IMO a bigger problem that needs to be addressed.
    You exaggerate one way too much. It takes very little commitment to raid, especially if you're sticking to the easier hardmodes. 12 hours a week minimum assuming you don't wipe too much with one night for attempting progression. Many guilds even opt out of Throne. He admits to screwing up and slacking off for three weeks. Almost like he was looking for an excuse to get kicked, then finally does and he's upset about it.

You're just wasting people's time showing up with a bunch of excuses and a ho hum attitude, especially if you're a tank.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    *snip*
    Except this time, we're right. OP came here looking for some hand out consolidations for him not being as hard core as he thought he was. Bottom line: He was being carried, and got the boot and now is crying about it. What his guild can or can not do is besides the point, carrying someone is carrying someone. Even if you're 4/12 normals, and taking someone who LEAVES THE HOUSE on a 10 min break, doesn't enchant their gear, nor get the proper gear, then you're carrying them.

Sorry OP, but if you came here looking for sympathy, you'll be hard pressed to find any. However, in an effort to put a positive spin on things, like others have suggested, it seems that you need to find a casual raiding guild. I don't use the term casual as a put down, just as a term for people like you who clearly live busy lives and don't have the time to be on farming for mats, etc. And with your resume of 2/13 HM's, you're sure to find a casual guild quickly. All's you need to do is look.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    Just for anyone who wants to see my armory and the ones who saying "optomize your gear", scroll down and look at my kills, 12 chances for decent weapon and 10 chances for BiS shoulders...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...plika/advanced

---------- Post added 2011-04-07 at 11:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    OP says, just noticed it:
    "usually at 9pm we have breaks for around 10mins, so I go to make dinner. I get back on time, zone in, notice that a newly recruited warrior dps is in the group. The gm asks if im there and then says "sorry, but we are replacing you, we are sorry but some people in the group are complaining about you."

So you go off for the 10min breaks if I understand right, and you come back online after the 10min is up? So if they discussing stuff on raid chat, or if everyone is back after let's say 7 minute, you are not there even to read back if they are talking about replacing you, nor to read if anyone complaining you openly, and you keep them up for 3 more min.
    This behavior that you show toward your guild is all guilds nightmare. :S

---------- Post added 2011-04-06 at 07:48 PM ----------

Ohmygod, what are you talking about? It's not the end of the life, he didn't ninjaed Ashes of A'lar or the whole guildbank. All he need to do is decide what he wants and stick to it, also changing what he did wrong. As HE DID wrong a lot of things, but hey this is life, you must learn from your mistakes and correct yourself. No need to run away. Get that enchant, make your dinner before raid, don't log off for 10min to spare the flask, and PROVE that you are a worthy guy. That's all.
    You make loads of sense, obviously 10 min = 10 mins. If I could see through my walls and read there minds about them behind back 2 or 3 minutes earlier I totally would...