Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any issues with CM Silent Pro Gold 1000w that people can think of? I will need a 900w+ for GTX580 SLI + overclocks on everything, any decent recommendations?
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Any issues with CM Silent Pro Gold 1000w that people can think of? I will need a 900w+ for GTX580 SLI + overclocks on everything, any decent recommendations?
    Why are you hijacking my thread? Also, that's incredibly overkill for GTX 580 SLI. PM tetrisgoat a quote of your post. (:

---------- Post added 2011-04-08 at 11:23 PM ----------

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc..._-17139018-L0A
    New on the NewEgg shell shocker. Hoping to buy this this weekend. It'll sit in the corner of my room until I get my new case. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Why are you hijacking my thread? Also, that's incredibly overkill for GTX 580 SLI. PM tetrisgoat a quote of your post. (:
    I'm here to save the day, anyway!
    But 850w is enough with overclocking-headroom, so 900w can be justified if you have a lot of peripherals. But the headroom is cleared with 850 already, in my opinion.

I hope y'all enjoyed your day without me, because I'm back to make life a misery for everyone else. (I'd make an awesome wife).
    EDIT: I forgot to look up the specific PSU!
    Anyway, when it comes to PSUs, and reviews, it's tricky. Mainly because there's no guarantee that all of the same "branch" of PSUs are made by the same manufacturer; for example, the AX-series by Corsair is made by Seasonic, except the 1200w-version, which is made by Flextronics, so you can't take one review and just generally apply it without looking it up.
    Despite that, that's exactly what I'll be doing. Because the worst thing about PSUs, is that veeery few hardware-review sites actually know what to do with a PSU when they get it for testing; they just doodle with it and write something nice.
    So I'm going to take the one from Hardware-Secrets as I generally trust them, because they're not afraid to call something out when it's dirty.
    The pricing-discussion should be taken with a grain of salt, as that's all due with location (I believe Xuvial is Oceanic?) and the time of the published review.

Overall, I say that the PSU shown, (at least the 800w-version; I couldn't find a 1000w-review who raised any concerns at all, and nothing is that good) is very capable. It's not the best, but only one unit at a time can be the best, and even that will have its issues. It will definitiely suffice without worry. But as it comes in 100w-increments, I'd recommend the 900w-version.
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2011-04-09 at 12:42 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Mass0wnage View Post
    You could take your computer completely apart and carry the case to the Car wash and pressure wash it. I did this with my old 690.
    I should just take it in the shower with me.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Now, I sometimes unplug my computercase and keep it in my bed at night when I sleep, but THAT is weird.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    Now, I sometimes unplug my computercase and keep it in my bed at night when I sleep, but THAT is weird.
    Well, the empty case in the shower. I actually used to do that with an old case I had that refused to get clean much like this 690. But I didn't 'take it in the shower with me' persay, I laid it in the tub and pressure washed it with my brother's old Super Soaker gun.

Edit: which I can't do now cause he gave the water gun to his kid. -_-

Can only safely do this with a few parts and making sure its 100% dry afterwards. I dishwasher-wash my keyboards. Has only failed me once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ayako View Post
    Can only safely do this with a few parts and making sure its 100% dry afterwards. I dishwasher-wash my keyboards. Has only failed me once.
    Now normal cheap-o keyboards I could do this with, but there's no way in hell you're convincing me to put my G110 in a dishwasher -_-
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Now normal cheap-o keyboards I could do this with, but there's no way in hell you're convincing me to put my G110 in a dishwasher -_-
    Rofl. If it's not plugged in, it can't damage anything. As long as it's not heat sensitive and it's given ample time to dry before being plugged in. You could probably dish wash your motherboard.

I've put multiple 120$ keyboards in..

You disassemble the whole thing and only put the keys/frame in and unscrew the circuits obviously...

Rofl. If it's not plugged in, it can't damage anything. As long as it's not heat sensitive and it's given ample time to dry before being plugged in. You could probably dish wash your motherboard.
    Water pressure would damage something most likely.

I just about vomited the first time I took all the keys off my keyboard for cleaning =S I refuse to believe I'm that dirty

10+ Year Old Account
    I've cleaned a LOT of keyboards. Friends, Family, and Clientele, and almost all of them have fur balls of "hair". I'm not going to go any further, but it's awful, and I refuse to clean anyone's keyboard ever again. >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    ROFL. This thread has turned from "Fuzzys Upgrades" to "I shower with my PC!"

I am rolling right now lol

I've cleaned a LOT of keyboards. Friends, Family, and Clientele, and almost all of them have fur balls of "hair". I'm not going to go any further, but it's awful, and I refuse to clean anyone's keyboard ever again. >.>
    My keyboards are clean and I tend to wipe them over with 99% isopropyl daily along with dusting them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanthem View Post
    ROFL. This thread has turned from "Fuzzys Upgrades" to "I shower with my PC!"

I am rolling right now lol
    I think I might sleep with my new one...

15+ Year Old Account
    "Hey guys I'm gonna upgrade my PC!"

Several days later, authorities report possible decentralized epidemic as 6 new cases of severe OCD are diagnosed between seemingly random locations in the United States and Canada...

10+ Year Old Account
    "Hey guys I'm gonna upgrade my PC!"

Several days later, authorities report possible decentralized epidemic as 6 new cases of severe OCD are diagnosed between seemingly random locations in the United States and Canada...
    I'll send pics of the inside of my case if I get the upgrades. You haven't seen cable management until you've met Captain OCD.

I think I might sleep with my new one...
    You haven't known love til you do, trust me! It's comforting