Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Which fights can I 2 heal?

My group is getting to the point where, on farm bosses, all three of us healers end up with more than 60% mana, which had me thinking that maybe there's some fights where we can start double healing and I can go dps to make the encounters go faster and practice for Heroic healing. Which fights do you think I could pull this off in? or do you think I'm not ready yet?

I was thinking about Omnitron, Maloriak, and maybe Halfus and Atramedes. Not feeling confident 2 healing Magmaw or Chimaeron.

We run resto sham/holydin/holy priest, and here's my armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...asombra/simple

Heads up... armory is down atm.

Mal is easily doable with 2 healers, one shotted that last night. I feel the same way about omni, haven't tried it but normally end up with a lot of extra mana. Also should be able to do halfus, and most likely the dragons.

EDIT: Also conclave, Very easy with two healers.

Myself, a holy paladin, and a holy priest 2 healed all of Bastion of Twilight. So most of the regular fights can easily be 2 healed

You could handle Magmaw easy. Chimaeron is one I'd be a little hesitant about 2-healing.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Well, I should've probably been a little more specific. My other 2 healers, while being decent, are not "great" per se, so I'm not sure if they can handle the intenseness of Magmaw or Valiona aoe. I'd have to run it by them and we'd definitely have a few hiccups at least, but I'm thinking if it works out I'll just be making them better healers.

We can do Maloriak FOR SURE tho.

Atramedes is very easy to 2-heal.
    When i give my opinion I like to say that I give my 2 cents, which given the state of the economy is worthless, much like my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every boss encounter on normal is two healable. In my alt 10 (I tank) our third healer goes dps for normals as well as heroic atramedes. I'd probably have a bit more trepidation about al'akir for rngs sake, and two healing chim requires healers to be on the ball. It also helps that I'm a dk and can absorb most of the double attacks, though.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

If you're doing Valiona, the AoE is pretty easy to handle in that you shouldn't be grouped up for more than 2 1/2 seconds. Get in, cast your prayer as it gets cleansed, and people should already be spreading out again (hold Circle until after Prayer goes off, get the second group that way)

The meteors on Theralion are a joke to handle, so long as you have more than 2 melee. Magmaw just needs you to make sure that there's a Mending active at all times, and alternate Prayers. As long as you aren't of the "12.5%" variety, and start casting your first Prayer just before the spew hits, you have time to get the second one out without issue.

By "they can handle" the job fully falls on you the Holy Priest.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    Every boss encounter on normal is two healable. In my alt 10 (I tank) our third healer goes dps for normals as well as heroic atramedes. I'd probably have a bit more trepidation about al'akir for rngs sake, and two healing chim requires healers to be on the ball. It also helps that I'm a dk and can absorb most of the double attacks, though.
    How do you two heal Nef?

Anyways - Everything but Alikir, Chimmy and Nef are pretty easy to two heal.

Deleted
    We have 2 healed maloriak, council and cho'gall from day 1. atramedes, twin dragons and omnitron soon after. Even did halfus although i do not really advise it unless your healers are pro and the rest actually can dodge the damage.
    Chimaeron don't see that happening since you really need fast heals for almost entire fight and GC will kill you in that fight.
    oh, and we just did magmaw with our normal 3 healer setup, it is doable with 2, but as with halfus, very mana intensive....

Quote Originally Posted by lwalker8 View Post
    How do you two heal Nef?

Anyways - Everything but Alikir, Chimmy and Nef are pretty easy to two heal.
    ^ This.

Our 10 man team 2 heals everything (Druid/Priest) without any issues except for those fights (Al'Akir, Chimaeron, Nefarian). If you are just running farm content then there's certainly no need to use 3. I can see a case being made for undergeared groups just starting to learning fights to use 3, but that doesn't sound like you. Cheers!

"Preventing raid wipes since 2006. Analyzing wipes since 2011.*"
    (*Updated for Cataclysm.)

Nef involves the Holy Priest running Serenity instead of Sanctuary, and healing a tank, swapping a Prayer out for the group over on one side, while the Paladin uses Light of Dawn on the other. And Phase 3 would be easy. Phase 2 requires either a Blood DK or a Rogue (both?) (preferrably Subtlety) on a platform by themselves, as they can keep themselves alive without a healer.

But seeing as I don't do 10 mans, there could be other complications of this, but it's definitely 2-healable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Nef involves the Holy Priest running Serenity instead of Sanctuary, and healing a tank, swapping a Prayer out for the group over on one side, while the Paladin uses Light of Dawn on the other. And Phase 3 would be easy. Phase 2 requires either a Blood DK or a Rogue (both?) (preferrably Subtlety) on a platform by themselves, as they can keep themselves alive without a healer.

But seeing as I don't do 10 mans, there could be other complications of this, but it's definitely 2-healable.
    Too much work for no benefit, lol.

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by SeaKitten View Post
    those two ads for wow.. the one with the ugly dumb Gnome and Goblin dancing really stupid like.. it made my rage so hard i personally now will never play this game EVER again yes because of those two stupid ads i will never play this game.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post

I guess. But the point of two healing stuff is that it's easier. It's not an achievement. You would just be making your life difficult by doing that. I guess if you had both those specs and could afford to put two solid interruptors on one platform then you could do it. Like if you had 5 solid interruptors in the group... idk. Just doesn't seem worthwhile as much as it would be possible. But still, it's pretty iffy, there's a really good chance the rogue or DK would die. Just the lava and the first barrage would probably kill them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I apologize for my oversight on Nef, we do three heal that. However, we did have a kill where a healer d/ced in phase 1 transition. My platform was an unholy dk an myself, and we both survived solely off death strikes, AMZ, AMS, IBF, and my rune tap. That being said, yes, technically it's two healable. By far not the most ideal way, and not easier.

Three heal Nef

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    I apologize for my oversight on Nef, we do three heal that. However, we did have a kill where a healer d/ced in phase 1 transition. My platform was an unholy dk an myself, and we both survived solely off death strikes, AMZ, AMS, IBF, and my rune tap. That being said, yes, technically it's two healable. By far not the most ideal way, and not easier.

Three heal Nef
    If you had a holy priest put a lightwell on a platform and heal another...could do it that way... but yeah. Definitely 3 is the way to go lol

So basically, from what I can recap, you're saying we'd do better if I stay holy and the shaman goes ele since my aoe heals are better?

How do people two heal normal Halfus? I know that I end the fight with about 50% mana left, but that's only because the fight actually gets easier as it goes on (dragons released and killed). It's from the first pull up to halfway to the second dragon that I'm running dangerously oom.

Deleted
    Cho'gall can be two healed. You will have to deal with much less adds in phase 1 and creations will go down faster in phase 2

Deleted
    2 Healable 10m fights:
    Halfus + hc
    VT + maybe hc(good sub rogue?)
    AC (i'm not sure on heroic tbh, as we've only done it once with 3 healers so far).
    Cho'gall + hc
    Magmaw + hc
    ODS + hc
    Maloriak + hc
    Atramedes + hc
    Chimearon + hc (somewhat cd dependent on hc).
    Conclave
    Al akir

I do suppose you could 2 heal nef aswell, but it would be a pain in the ass seeing as you need to kill all 3 mobs in p2 to get nef down. Also 2 healing most hcs is not recommend, I would most certainly not recommend 2 healing chimearon and maloriak hc at least, it's just a pain in the ass that makes the encounters harder.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2011-04-06 at 09:37 PM.