Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Guilds don't like sharing their strats generally. Not to mention there's usually a level of "secret hatred" between guilds on all levels on each realm.
    You are right, as a GM I know other GM's actively Headhunts the best players in my guild, and right now Tanks and Healers are more valuable than ever. So to have insider knowledge of these types of behavior these types of leadership within other guilds would be crucial to my own guilds survival. Honestly guilds have to be competitive, we can't all be number 1. We can't all hold hands and sing kumbayaa around the camp fire and call it good.

10+ Year Old Account
    You cant find good spies anymore for guild spying.

After you tell them that they need to be ready to delete their character if they're caught they don't want to do it anymore, bloody amateurs.

Quote Originally Posted by angelblack View Post
    Just the fact that alts can join the guilds you are spying kinda shows what guilds you're "up against". They probably get recruited from trade chat, am I correct?
    I know the last really good spy was pretty much a double agent, so he was probably more spying on my guild, but I got a ton of info on his Mains guild in the process. He was a great player and I learned a lot from him and how his other guild works, he told me who his main was and right away I knew of him and he said he can only place his at that time lvl 60+ pally into my guild, I welcomed him and it truly was beneficial to everyone. He was a great member of the guild knows all aspect of the game, and when he lvled to 80 (this was back in summer) I helped him gear up in ICC and as favor back to me, we did ICC 25 jointly since both guilds were short on raiders at that time.

I mean you guys can read into this what you want but it really is about gaining the one thing that is the most powerful thing in all of mankind and that is having knowledge. You can think of me as evil, someone who uses the knowledge to destroy and bring down other guilds(I've done that, when I get info on a dying guild I start recruiting headhunting their top players ASAP), or you can think of me as a saint someone who uses knowledge to maybe see which guilds are more friendly and would like to combine membership and do joint raids (bringing the WOW community together, I've done that too)? You all are free to call it as you see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    i think you should visit a therapist concerning your your espionage obsession... if you want to know strategies on how to down a boss there are actually websites that tell you, and you dont wana check em you ask him nicely can just befriendand ask them nicely other GMs and its not like the wow guilds have a secret conspiracy
    Last edited by Vizardlorde; 2011-04-06 at 10:16 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    drama queen or extremely paranoid the op is me thinks... and no we don't need any of this in the game it wouldn't add to anything just make the community more fractured and less social than it already is
    The true vanilla wow test is whether or not they miss Vanilla. If they do, they didn't play in Vanilla.

Looks like a universally accepted practice amongst horrible guilds.

Good guilds just keep being good, and good players join up.

Horrible guilds face constant poaching, gquits, drama and ragekicks and assume the other guild is poaching/spying their best.

Normally, 'it's not you, it's me' is appropriate. In this case, it's totally you.

Your guildies are the product of their environment, if you have a guild full of baddies and drama queens......welll...

Quote Originally Posted by nogard64 View Post
    All I talked about was spying and gaining knowledge across guilds, I didn't say anything about Aliens spies or some secret society, like a hidden Illimintatii pulling all the strings! LOL you guys are reading way too much into this, maybe I'm not the crazy one.
    That's not at all what I'm talking about, you're completely imagining the alien and secret society stuff. Specifically the person I'm talking about was preoccupied with applying concepts from Art of War to the workplace, such as spreading misinformation as a technique, spying, etc. I'm not talking about him having some kind of interest in a subject, I'm talking specifically about the strategy by which he conducted himself.

Quote Originally Posted by nogard64 View Post
    And quite honestly I'm super competitive by nature, to a point it frightens me sometimes the length I will go to, to defeat someone. I'm not saying I'm competitive about every single think obviously I will never throw a football further than Eli Manning, but if its something I can compete at I will!
    You can't compete - or win - if you're the only one playing. I'm pretty sure no one outside your guild else cares about your own progress, so why should you care about the progress of others?
    Last edited by Shrouded; 2011-04-06 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Hezar View Post
    Save your silly insults. If one man can destroy a guild with a golden tongue, it was going to happen anyways. I just speed it up a little and have my fun while im at it. I dont really care if the guild has good or bad reputation but i havent tipped over a guild of mostly nice people yet. Only guilds with bad rep and rude players thus far.
    Some people raid and some people pvp. Im having fun with my little social experiments.
    That's nice. You're still a jerk.
    Beta Club Brosquad