Seeing the other side

So im thinking of going horde for a lil bit while wow is in a dead zone, content cleared, pvp getting old etc. and thinking of picking up one of the old classes that used to be my main back in TBC which was an ele/resto shaman.

But honestly i can't decide all my 'wow friends' who are alliance have said don't bother just level another alt, through the same boring pace that is level grinding, but i am curious, about what the horde side entails of both the new cata zones, and redone azeroth. Been alliance for nearly 3 years and looking at a alliance races is starting to drag. If i do ever decide to i shall probably faction change one of my un-used 85's.

Anyone else done this as of late, is it something to do, enjoyable or am i just wasting time waiting for 4.1?

Well I would suggest you make a horde alt or two just to see things like the Forsaken and Orc starting areas post Cata, if you have not already.
    I doubt that there is enough of a difference or wow factor at max level that would make a faction change worth the time and money.
    I've considered making a nelf or human just to see the political motivations for those guys, but not having friends on the other faction does make things a bit lonely.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Deleted
    The grass is always greener on the other side.
    Sadly, you're always on the wrong side, no matter which character and faction you are playing.

At level 85, your faction will not affect your gaming experience much.
    It's in the questing progression you can appreciate your faction, so if you are interested in trying the other faction,
    do so by leveling a new character rather than spending IRL-Currency on a faction change.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabby the Dungeon Helper View Post
    Sadly, you're always on the wrong side, no matter which character and faction you are playing.

At level 85, your faction will not affect your gaming experience much.
    It's in the questing progression you can appreciate your faction, so if you are interested in trying the other faction,
    do so by leveling a new character rather than spending IRL-Currency on a faction change.
    Kinda ment i would faction change an 85 for gold/baggies/materials etc. for my shammy alt.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabby the Dungeon Helper View Post
    That and dont forget that it usually takes alot of bullSh*t to make that grass green as well

I've been wanting to roll some Horde toons for a while now as well, but all my character slots on my main realm are full up. I would start on another realm, but every time I try the lack of heirlooms makes me stop. I've finally decided that the time I roll Horde toons is the time that Blizzard gets their act together and allows cross-realm heirloom transferring.

I've got friends on the other side.

No, really. Though my main is Horde I do have a few Alliance toons I goof around on with friends that have Alliance mains. I don't see any reason not to play on the other side, but you should test the water before you do anything like pay for a faction transfer.

if you pay 15$ a month and have only ever played one faction then reach in your pocket, take out your wallet, take out 7 dollars and 50 cents and throw it away every month from now on because that is what you have been doing for three years.

All preferences and such aside you owe it to yourself to play through it on the opposing faction because it doubles the value of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I know this is seriously of topic, but; I FUCKING LOVE THAT SONG!
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    I know this is seriously of topic, but; I FUCKING LOVE THAT SONG!
    Keith David is a god among men.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    if you pay 15$ a month and have only ever played one faction then reach in your pocket, take out your wallet, take out 7 dollars and 50 cents and throw it away every month from now on because that is what you have been doing for three years.

All preferences and such aside you owe it to yourself to play through it on the opposing faction because it doubles the value of the game.
    Well when you put it that way, it rather makes alot of sence lol

Quote Originally Posted by Harléquin View Post
    Well when you put it that way, it rather makes alot of sence lol
    I'm glad it does to you...