Page 1 of 2
LastLast

It's not boring, you're burnt.

Just another one of these monotonous comparison threads. Cataclysm is certainly different than wrath, and vice versa, but the problem doesn't
    lie in Cataclysm's content, but in the fact that people who up to this point have been devout WoW players are feeling burnt out. To which i say, take a hiatus
    I am, and i promise you you will not regret it. Take a break, take an interest in music, get a part- time job, and when you return, there will be more content,
    less bitching, and a more well rounded game. Blizzard knows what they're doing. How do you think they're still massively successful?

EDIT: Another inextricable fact remains that much of the WoW playerbase is now older, and there is a dropoff point in interest. We are witnessing this dropoff point, many of the people that once played originally on my home server are now leaving/quitting out of boredom or more likely the case, because their friends quit. It's coming full circle I'm afraid.
    Last edited by whetherman; 2011-04-07 at 12:18 AM.
    If at first you don't Succeed....then you fail.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope I'm pretty bored

Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    Nope I'm pretty bored
    There's a difference between you being bored, and the game being boring. Hence being burnt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
    There's a difference between you being bored, and the game being boring. Hence being burnt.
    Alright I'll re-state it, the games boring

How long have you been playing Resentful? I played for 5 and a half years, and initially i wanted to blame cata. But it is not cataclysm's fault, it is my own for playing for so long. Simply burnt out.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's pretty much it. I have nothing to really complain about, but 4 years playing the same game most every day eventually gets boring no matter how good the game is. I've started to devote the time I would be spending on WoW to learning Japanese instead.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure Cata had pretty much the same amount of content on release as WotLK had. The only difference is that Tier 7 raids were so much easier than T11.

So really, there's no reason to complain.

ok, I checked, I'm really bored

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilroyz View Post
    How long have you been playing Resentful? I played for 5 and a half years, and initially i wanted to blame cata. But it is not cataclysm's fault, it is my own for playing for so long. Simply burnt out.
    Well okay maybe your right, I am quite burnt out myself. I've been playing for quite a long time <.<

I can mine under my hut in minecraft for hours. I cannot play WoW without becoming bored. It's mostly because I know the path. I do this this and this and my character can get there, or in the case of a raven mount I can hope I get there and sometimes I feel sorta motivated to try for the white chocobo. Then I log.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played for about two years. Quit at the beginning of bc. The game was incredibly boring to me

Was re-introduced mid wrath by a friend and was blown away by all the changes. Everything so amazing and awesome and fun. I loved it. It's getting rather dull again now. But a good break does make a difference.

I think you could fairly argue objectively that the game is now stale, there's been little in the way on innovation for the past couple years now.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

15+ Year Old Account
    It is boring and stale. Staying for my guild, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream View Post
    I think you could fairly argue objectively that the game is now stale, there's been little in the way on innovation for the past couple years now.
    That's a point i do give quite a bit of credit, where innovation is concerned, it's rather dissapointing, Wrath had the creation of vehicles, Cataclysm has...well just improvements. Nothing groundbreaking or new honestly.
    If at first you don't Succeed....then you fail.

Deleted
    There were no major changes from WLK -> Cataclysm, mainly because the game is about as good as it can get. From TBC -> WLK we got ach pts, LFG system, siege engines a new class, a new continent and some other minor stuff. From WLK -> Cata we got.... erm.. flying in azeroth. 2 new races, yes, but they dont change the game the same way a class does.

I know the distinct difference between bored, and burnt.
    I speak for the ~100 people i know have quit during the transition from Wotlk to Cata when i say we were bored, not burnt.

I have played wow for 6 years and I am bored of the game, and NO it is not because I am burnt. I am bored of Cata completely and not because of length I have played

No it is definitely boring.
    Doesn't play WoW but continues to lurk MMO-Champion.

WoW is currently just a filler for me, at least until SWTOR.

Quote Originally Posted by Entropic View Post
    WoW is currently just a filler for me, at least until SWTOR.
    I agree 1000%