Thread: Holy Trinkets

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Holy Trinkets

I'm sorry if this has been addressed many times over but I'm stuck trying to figure out which I should use. The raid group I'm in has only currently succeeded in killing magmaw and halfus on 10man.(working on 2nd bosses in both). I'll link my armory so I can be examined but my main question is what to use. At this point I really only have heroic level trinkets available unless that tsunami card comes down in price.

Sorry, I'm new so I can post my armory link. The toon name is Menderr and I play on Spinebreaker

Any advice is appreciated

There are some trinkets from halls of origonation and Stonecore. Blood of isiset is mastery with a spirit proc, that will temprarily do unless you can win the one from Stonecore one called tear of blood. The witching hourglass from BRC is good if you do not have mana issues. get the darkmoon card ASAP though as that will be a big upgrade for your output/mana regen.

Here is a resource that you may find helpful, did not verify that all are best but should be a good starting resource.
    http://bis.vilepickle.com/slot-trinkets.php

I would get sea star and tear of blood. Also i would work on getting Darkmoon Card: Tsunami.

Also why are you gemming mastery? Your haste is way to low and it looks like your gemming and chanting mast.
    Last edited by toastybilly; 2011-04-01 at 08:41 PM.

I was under the impression that mastery is far better than haste past 7.5% self buffed. I also was trying to hit the socket bonuses by using the spirit/mastery gem in spots. I've seen lots of different opinions on gemming int or spirit so far so I'm sort of confused on that part but I know to keep my spirit around 2500 without sacrificing too much int to do so.

I'm currently using the tear of blood but also have in my pack sea star, tendrils, and witching hourglass. Just wasn't sure which would be the best at my level.
    Last edited by Menderr; 2011-04-01 at 09:07 PM.

Deleted
    If you're having mana issues, a spirit trinket is the way to go. When you're comfortable with your regen in a raid encounter, go for throughput trinkets.
    In answer to the "mastery VS haste" issue.
    You should be looking to hit 12.5% haste fully raid buffed. This works for most Holy priests.
    Reforge crit to mastery, but leave the haste until you reach the amount you're looking for.
    Last edited by mmoc286ac455d8; 2011-04-03 at 03:37 AM.

INT > Secondary stat (a green spirit+mastery gem). Not too sure on HPriests but I'd imagine you'd use IntSpi purples and IntMastery oranges in appropriate sockets to meet a +20(10?) int bonus.

10+ Year Old Account
    brilliant, artful, purified are the gems you use - unless you aren't at 12.5%(errr...'LOLrenewHasteCap') haste raid buffed, even then I find it easier to reforge for haste rather than swap gems out - but if gems are easier, you would use reckless instead of artful. (though, I don't know how even a priest wearing some greens wouldn't be at 12.5%('LOLrenewHasteCap') haste raid-buffed)

Quote Originally Posted by toastybilly View Post
    I would get sea star and tear of blood. Also i would work on getting Darkmoon Card: Tsunami.
    agree

Quote Originally Posted by toastybilly View Post
    Also why are you gemming mastery? Your haste is way to low and it looks like your gemming and chanting mast.
    disagree - he has more haste than I do unbuffed so I'm sure he's where he needs to be at when raidbuffed
    Last edited by Mikayo; 2011-04-03 at 04:32 AM.

As disc, you stack mastery as high as you can.

As holy, it is much more of a balancing act between haste and mastery. I lean towards mastery but you need a good amount of haste too (you don't stop at lol renew cap).

As for gemming on healing priests, it is very easy:

Red: Int
    Yellow: Int/haste or Int/mastery
    Blue: Int/spirit

Max, the first half of your post is pretty solid. The second needs a touching up though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxpowr View Post

On the contrary, it's this:

Red: Intellect
    Yellow: Two Int/Haste or Int/Mastery gems for your meta, then Intellect
    Blue: Intellect.

Even easier. Unless there's a ridiculously ridiculously good socket bonus, you shouldn't be giving up your Intellect ever (like, headslot good).
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

No touching up is needed. The OP subject and current spec indicates healing as holy. The only socket bonus a holy priest should question is +crit ... take all other socket bonuses using the suggestion from Maxpowr.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpowr View Post

Quote Originally Posted by derbingle View Post
    No touching up is needed. The OP subject and current spec indicates healing as holy. The only socket bonus a holy priest should question is +crit ... take all other socket bonuses using the suggestion from Maxpowr.
    Every stat has value, yes. But not at the rate of giving up Intellect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Max, the first half of your post is pretty solid. The second needs a touching up though.On the contrary, it's this:

Red: Intellect
    Yellow: Two Int/Haste or Int/Mastery gems for your meta, then Intellect
    Blue: Intellect.

Even easier. Unless there's a ridiculously ridiculously good socket bonus, you shouldn't be giving up your Intellect ever (like, headslot good).
    I disagree with this.
    30 spirit or 10int/20spirit is imho better than 20 int, especially at the lower levels where you may not be decked in spirit from existing items.

Don't forget the Mandala from Baradin's Wardens, a very nice trinket for Holy

The only things I would add are:

1) make sure you maximize the use of any "use" trinkets. There are lots of ways to do that including using Power Auras or TellMeWhen, etc, and you can also macro the "use" to a spell that you cast frequently like this:

#showtooltip Prayer of Healing
    /use Sea Star or /use 13
    /cast Prayer of Healing

You just simply drop this macro onto your action bar where you currently have PoH or the spell you chose.

and 2) Please get yourself over to Deepholm and start grinding out that Therazene rep for your shoulder enchant. It's the new Sons of Hodir replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    I disagree with this.
    30 spirit or 10int/20spirit is imho better than 20 int, especially at the lower levels where you may not be decked in spirit from existing items.
    So in your opinion, giving up regen and output for nothing but regen?

Then why do you not gem Spirit as a stat priority? It's either better, or it's not. The only place to increase your Intellect is gemming, period.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2011-04-05 at 05:16 PM.

Deleted
    On a related note, is http://www.wowhead.com/item=19288 viable at 85?

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Nope. There are much better trinkets over a 2% chance on cast.

Like the new Darkmoon Card, Tsunami.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Nope. There are much better trinkets over a 2% chance on cast.

Like the new Darkmoon Card, Tsunami.
    Figured as much, but wanted to ask anyway. Thanks.

Edit: Tsunami does go for a bit over 18k on my server though.

Figured as much, but wanted to ask anyway. Thanks.

Edit: Tsunami does go for a bit over 18k on my server though.
    What else are you really spending your gold on, nowadays?

Not for a holy priest. The reason for that is we already have 80% in combat regen. This has a very low proc rate and an additional 20% in combat regen for 15 seconds at unreliable times would probably work out to probably less than 500 mp5 over the course of the night and there are simply better trinkets out there. Now a resto shaman using this and timing their MTT and CoR use with it might be another story.