Thread: Inner Focus Use

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I have it in a macro with Tyrande's Favorite Doll, but not with a specific healing spell. I use it with PoH or GH.
    When i give my opinion I like to say that I give my 2 cents, which given the state of the economy is worthless, much like my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by oscrewdish View Post
    I have it in a macro with Tyrande's Favorite Doll, but not with a specific healing spell. I use it with PoH or GH.
    Considering the dynamic cooldown of Inner Focus, and the Doll's one minute cooldown, you're always missing something.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    I have them bound to my razer naga, 11 is inner focus and 12 is inner will. I don't often switch during fights cause I don't have mana problems, though on atramedes I will switch to inner will for the movement increase
    Do you mean Inner Fire and Inner Will?

I've been thinking about getting Inner Focus to work with my Clique heals but I am not really sure how to go about it, so I've got it macro'd into a bunch of my commonly used spells.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2011-04-07 at 05:24 PM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Considering the dynamic cooldown of Inner Focus, and the Doll's one minute cooldown, you're always missing something.
    Well, I have them in the same macro, but since neither one causes a GCD, I can use both of them on CD even if they aren't both up at the same time. I didn't actually mean that I only used the trinket when I used IF, just that they are on the same key binding.
    When i give my opinion I like to say that I give my 2 cents, which given the state of the economy is worthless, much like my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post

I've been thinking about getting Inner Focus to work with my Clique heals but I am not really sure how to go about it, so I've got it macro'd into a bunch of my commonly used spells.
    Herp derp. Did I ever mention I couldn't stand Disc? Yea that's what I meant. Too many Inners for me to keep up with

In that case, I have Inner Focus bound to my middle mouse button. But that's for pvp purposes, since I want to control when I can keep from being interrupted to top my arena buddy off more efficiently, or get off a timely MC. PvE it seems, imo, to be better to just bind it to every applicable spell.
    Last edited by ramennoodleking; 2011-04-07 at 06:27 PM.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post

Its a bit tricky. To get it to work properly you need to:

(1) Create a macro like so:

#showtooltip Prayer of Healing
    /cast Inner Focus
    /cast [target=mouseover,exists][] Prayer of Healing

(2) Then name the macro "PoH."

(3) Then point your Cilque bind to the name of the macro.

This works in VuhDo so I assume Clique has a similar functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post

/cast Inner Focus

It's even easier in VuhDo, assuming you aren't picky about what spell activates it. You can tell it to use spells/trinkets, much like a DPS would macro them to damage spells.

Not quite as useful in this case, but good information to have if you end up with a thruput trinket, engineering glove tinker, troll or orc racial, lifeblood, ETC.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post

/cast Inner Focus

The last update I downloaded for clique (I think it was back in 4.0.1) had a feature that allowed you to make and bind custom macros within the clique interface.

16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Deleted
    Speaking of inner focus macros...

i have mine macro'd to my GH and PoH, but is there a way to macro in a self-targeted-PI to the PoH one as well?

The last update I downloaded for clique (I think it was back in 4.0.1) had a feature that allowed you to make and bind custom macros within the clique interface.
    I remember when Trinity Bars let me hotkey things directly from my spell book or macro page, without putting them on my bars, back in TBC. That was ridiculously cool.

I remember when Trinity Bars let me hotkey things directly from my spell book or macro page, without putting them on my bars, back in TBC. That was ridiculously cool.
    Trinity still exists, at least in spirit, in the addon Macaroon.

Think of it as Trinity 2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

I miss being able to have IF, Bezerking, and MF all macro'ed together... but no they had to took it away qq...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have it macroed into binding heal and greater heal.
    But I only pvp with my priest so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manlypecs
    It's always safe to blame the healer, since healers aren't real people anyway.

Heh, I never realized how many macroed this thing. I have it keybound.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was originally a warrior, so I have no knowledge or recollection of anything healing or priest pre-ICC. But yea, clique allows you to do that, and it keeps your bars clean.

16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

I was originally a warrior, so I have no knowledge or recollection of anything healing or priest pre-ICC. But yea, clique allows you to do that, and it keeps your bars clean.
    Meh. I can probably move a few of my hotkeys around, but the problem isn't running out of room on my bars anymore (thank gods I don't need 4 ranks of Greater Heal), it's running out of hotkeys.

For my Discipline spec, I think I've put my Inner Focus on Shift+Q (which is usually my Holy Words button).

Macro, on GH and PoH. Also keybound, but the macro seems to do its job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's been fantastic with the razer naga. I have reduced clutter so drastically. The only binds on my keyboard that I need to use are A and D to strafe, Q and E with alt variants for things like Chakra, Desperate Prayer, C for my human racial and the ` key for fade.

Everything else is on my naga.

16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

As a healing priest, the Razer Naga gave me at least 10 more years of normal life before I hit critical levels of arthritis.