Camera Movement Options...

Hello everyone!

I apologize if I am posting this in the wrong forum but I didn't know where else to post, its a bit of an odd question.

Recently some friends of mine and I were planing to record a few scenes for a movie we are making using WoW. In the past, I have made quite a few WoW movies and am familiar with editing programs such as Final Cut and Adobe After Effects. I am also familiar with the various settings that one can play around with in the camera options within the game. For a few scenes in previous movies I have made, I have used these effects of camera movement within the game to pan across the screen into a scene. However, the issue come in when I want to have a slow pan rather than a fast/default movement. I was wondering if it is possible by means of add-ons/game settings to slow the rate in which the camera moves from setting A to setting B. In addition to this I was wondering if its possible to increase the maximum camera distance from the character to beyond what the interface settings allow.

Any and all help would be much appreciated!

ive also been wondering about the camera distance thing. never could find anything about it though : /
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Deleted
    Well you could just record the parts you want with lets say 60 fps instead of 30, and then slow it down x2 on your editing software I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    To get the farther range type,

/console cameradistancemaxfactor 10000000

just type a big number and then scroll out, make the number big, so you reach the cap, which i'm unsure of

Quote Originally Posted by Twilightdawn View Post
    To get the farther range type,

/console cameradistancemaxfactor 10000000

just type a big number and then scroll out, make the number big, so you reach the cap, which i'm unsure of
    The number stands for yards, 50 is the max

Ok, thanks, I have the max camera distance working but what about the motion for the camera movement speed? I believe that recording at 60fps rather than 30fps then slowing it by half will not look good because everything will be slowed down, not just the camera movement/pan effect but everything going on in the scene will be effected as well. Any other ideas? Maybe an add-on of some sort?

---------- Post added 2011-04-06 at 08:16 PM ----------

Humm.. Right after posting that last comment I found an add-on called Camera Plus (sorry cannot provide link since I'm a new user but its on curse under WoW Add-ons). I think this might be what I'm looking for, it should give me more control over camera movements. If any of you find anything else that relates to this please post it.

Raising from 60 to 30 and cutting in half would slow the whole scene, albeit it would be in slow motion at 30 fps.

Could you not just pan with the mouse at whatever speed you feel comfortable, or create a script to do so? Also I think there is an option to change the turn speed with keyboard turning, so if you can find that it would allow you to get the even pan as well.

Any who, I may have missed what you were asking completely.