Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Well i personally dont think that will help more to mine DPS quene i cant go tank or healer .
    The only way blizz to reduce waiting time is to increase amount of players who going LFD like was in the beginning of the Expack when i was waiting no more that 5-10 mins that "call to arms idea" can help but effect will be minimal

Deleted
    At last a reward for our insta queue, getting insta queued with four retards is a pain in the a$$ ^^

Will not work we will have a lot of wannabe tanks that will mess up the system and delaying groups more than before. As long as their is not a system to determe that the players gear, experience and specc represents his role it is fail.

I first thought I made a timewarp back to April 1st

I have a tank in ~350 gear that I just got tired of doing randoms on for VP. It wasn't worth the effort and dealing with pugs. The last heroic I tanked that was a LFG pug and not guild run was about 6 weeks after launch.

When I read the call to arms post my first reaction was that I wanted to try it, but then I realized I have to wait for 4.1. I have over 30,000g and some 400+ flasks that I farmed for our guild achievement. I have never charged dps for a que, or accepted tips/pay for tanking. I don't really need the extras or really care much about the mounts, but its nice to be rewarded for one of the hardest roles (only one harder is healing and thats only if the tank is bad). It also calls attention to the problem, I'm somewhat more inclined to tank randoms for people just by knowing the problem is bad enough to justify this change.

My second reaction was to connect the new tanking heirlooms together with this and my level 80 prot warrior. At once point in Wotlk I was tanking 3 heroic pugs a day on my pally, dk and warrior. Another thought I had was to collect some tanking gear on my DK pre-4.1. I gave up on DK tanking partly to level as dps and party because I really liked frost tanking over blood in wotlk.

In reality I will probably tank 5 mans until I have close to BiS from them on my pally. Chances are I would have done this anyway and I will offer to tank for guildies if any are on, so call to arms doesn't really effect this. The call to arms might get me to try out tanking on my DK or level my warrior though.

I wont lie, im a mount farmer, a pet farmer... kinda, and I just dps for fun. I despise tanking, but in general I guess this helps prevent me from afking in orgrimmar or running around getting dropped in tol'barad doing dailys. this little goody bag of sorts for special roles (tanking/healing) really doesnt affect the guys that dont really care about mounts or pets in sorts. however, its decent to know that the fact of blizzard's implimentation of getting to shorten que times is alright to a certain degree, less time screwing around, more time hopefully getting gear if needed badly. on the down side, however, and posted by many, this just allows more dps that enjoy not going into old instances and plundering mobs and the boss with the mount for a chance at the drop, to say "Hey, why don't I just switch roles! I think my dps gear (or pvp gear for some) can take a beating!" or if they have little tanking/healing gear and just make the group another countless fail. overall, its not the best idea to work at it, promote the guilds a little more at least via this kinda thing I guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by armageddonit View Post
    I wont lie, im a mount farmer, a pet farmer... kinda, and I just dps for fun. I despise tanking, but in general I guess this helps prevent me from afking in orgrimmar or running around getting dropped in tol'barad doing dailys. this little goody bag of sorts for special roles (tanking/healing) really doesnt affect the guys that dont really care about mounts or pets in sorts. however, its decent to know that the fact of blizzard's implimentation of getting to shorten que times is alright to a certain degree, less time screwing around, more time hopefully getting gear if needed badly. on the down side, however, and posted by many, this just allows more dps that enjoy not going into old instances and plundering mobs and the boss with the mount for a chance at the drop, to say "Hey, why don't I just switch roles! I think my dps gear (or pvp gear for some) can take a beating!" or if they have little tanking/healing gear and just make the group another countless fail. overall, its not the best idea to work at it, promote the guilds a little more at least via this kinda thing I guess.
    I can agree at the part of the "i have no gear or skill, but oh well..." it will happen, surely. But since you need to complete the Dungeon to get the "Goodie Bag" these people may be inerested in gearing up/getting better. Also if the Tank is garbage the Group can kick him with no problems.

BUT:
    " this little goody bag of sorts for special roles (tanking/healing)"
    Is simply not True, even though it will be the case most times.
    If there is, ever, a shortage of DPS, they will get the Bag. So in the End its relatively fair.

1. Does anyone have a better solution to increase the number of tanks in game? I thought this was a good move by blizz.

2. Now with higher tank supply. You (dps) get: A) Shorter queues. B) The ability to kick bad tanks because you don't have to wait for 20mins for a new one, etc etc

I don't see why this is a bad move. Blizzard needed to dangle a carrot to increase the participation of lesser roles.
    What carrots are there in game? Gear, Gold, Achievements, Vanity items. Now which would you pick as a reward to solve this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by junialum View Post
    B) The ability to kick bad tanks because you don't have to wait for 20mins for a new one, etc etc
    Until...you get back to back bad tanks and with blizz's new kick system that means you are effectively screwed.

I don't really like this idea for fixing the tanking problem.

Let's say, for example, the extra reward were valor points instead of mounts. Well what happens once you have bought everything with valor points that you care about and are fully epiced. You lose that incentive.

Mounts are the same way. It may time longer, but what happens when you get all 3 mounts, or get the one or two you needed or cared about getting, and you lose that incentive.

It is a short-term solution. Once you get all the pets and mounts the system offers, or the ones you want, there is no longer an incentive to continue running and you're back to square one were tanks have no incentive to do randoms.

This isn't a solution. It's a bandaid that will fall off pretty quickly.

Honestly though, I don't care because i'm not invested in this whole silly ordeal. I have tanks for insta-queues and my DPS are in raid guilds so it wasn't hard to get tanks and heals to queue with me back when I actually needed valors on my hunter.

The solution is: Stop pugging. Make friends or join a guild and then you don't have to wait. I don't see why this is such an issue. If you want to participate in group activities it makes sense to make friends with people who you can group with on a recurring basis instead of waiting to be randomly handed other anti-social people.

Join a guild or make friends, that is how you circumvent the LFD system. If you are relying on it for tanks, that is your own fault.

Quote Originally Posted by dicertification View Post
    My first thought after reading about call to arms dungeon queuing was I should get my dk leveled amd do some tanking. I think this will bring more tanks into dungeons, even of it is short lived, and I'm sure there will be a number of people trying to farm mounts out of it.
    Crazy how there is new TANKING BOA GEAR inbound too. It is all going according to plan.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    We will see alot of fail tanks in future....well not me since i have two tanks and will never met those kind of tanks haha^^

Instaqueues don't mean anything if you're already geared, Blizz is just trying to give tanks more incentive to queue. Tanks are better than no tanks, so why all the fuss?

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    I don't really like this idea for fixing the tanking problem.

Let's say, for example, the extra reward were valor points instead of mounts. Well what happens once you have bought everything with valor points that you care about and are fully epiced. You lose that incentive.

Mounts are the same way. It may time longer, but what happens when you get all 3 mounts, or get the one or two you needed or cared about getting, and you lose that incentive.

It is a short-term solution. Once you get all the pets and mounts the system offers, or the ones you want, there is no longer an incentive to continue running and you're back to square one were tanks have no incentive to do randoms.

This isn't a solution. It's a bandaid that will fall off pretty quickly.

Honestly though, I don't care because i'm not invested in this whole silly ordeal. I have tanks for insta-queues and my DPS are in raid guilds so it wasn't hard to get tanks and heals to queue with me back when I actually needed valors on my hunter.

The solution is: Stop pugging. Make friends or join a guild and then you don't have to wait. I don't see why this is such an issue. If you want to participate in group activities it makes sense to make friends with people who you can group with on a recurring basis instead of waiting to be randomly handed other anti-social people.

Join a guild or make friends, that is how you circumvent the LFD system. If you are relying on it for tanks, that is your own fault.
    I think thats rather the point. New toons will want the mounts etc, move on to the ZA/ZG (eventually the third when 4.2 hits) and be back to grinding those for gear more heavily. The problem is, currently, nobody really needs anything from heroics. They will need things from the next tier of heroics but those aren’t here yet. Temporary problem = temporary solution.

And besides, people may talk like experts here but you really have absolutely no way of knowing how effective a fix will be until its tried. This might help, it might not, but there is no harm in seeing if it does or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshrag View Post
    We will see alot of fail tanks in future....well not me since i have two tanks and will never met those kind of tanks haha^^
    i´m playing my Enhancement Shaman right now in Heroics (Tank is decked, so no need on him ) and its interesting how many GOOD Tanks are there. i rarely see "dumb idiots". And if i do, they mostly last 1-3 Trash groups till the Healer, or i, kick them.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're after the mounts, I already have all three, so by your logic, this would be useless to myself as a tank.

INSTANT QUEUE ISN'T A REWARD. It's just the way it is. Blizzard didn't offer it to me for tanking. There's less of me, that's all there is to it.

I play a tank, and have an ilvl of 362+, because of my gear, I can technically solo any heroic if I take my time, however, I gave up on heroics due to them simply not being worth it anymore. The call to arms definitely provides me with an incentive to do heroics again, and even if I get a group full of fail bads, I still know I will clear the instance, as I do roughly 10k+ on any single target fight and pretty much can't die. The flasks + gold + gems are definitely incentive enough, throw in the mounts, I'll be doing multiple heroics everyday, definitely a change from not doing any right now because that 70 valor a day just doesn't do anything for me.

take it as this from someoen who tanks and heals in heroics, i run one heroic daily with my group of friends it consists of me (Hpaly/tank) a warrior (tank/dps) a shammy (heals/dps) a pally (dps/ret) and a lock. What does that say to you if three tanks 2 healers are runnign groups togeather....

Pug heroics are awful, the dps are normaly bads and either break CC or don't know what the fuck CC is, Pug tanks are normaly baddies like a dps DK in blood spec with fuck all for mitigation jsut trying to get hsi instant que. Or the best one when i pug heal i get the blame as soon as a wipe happens and it's normaly the bad dps that is standing in a fire with aggro from a target that was suposed to be the CC target.

So yea heroics are fucking awful the people pugging heroics are total bads, this may give me some insentive to go and do a pug heroic but i highly doubt it andif i need a heroic on my DPS my friends carry me because we swap around and do that sorta shit cuz it's allways a heroic that gets finished and it's fun.

Only way blizzard will fix heroics is add your averige IQ to the ilvl requirements, that will hopefully weed out all the dumb shits and make me want to pug heroics again
    I'm a little ninja, short and stout I take all the loot and I hearthstone out All the guys on teamspeak scream and shout I'm the warrior in full devout.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncompromise View Post
    I play a tank, and have an ilvl of 362+, because of my gear, I can technically solo any heroic if I take my time, however, I gave up on heroics due to them simply not being worth it anymore. The call to arms definitely provides me with an incentive to do heroics again, and even if I get a group full of fail bads, I still know I will clear the instance, as I do roughly 10k+ on any single target fight and pretty much can't die. The flasks + gold + gems are definitely incentive enough, throw in the mounts, I'll be doing multiple heroics everyday, definitely a change from not doing any right now because that 70 valor a day just doesn't do anything for me.
    This, bunches of this. A valid new reason to run heroics. If it had just been justice points I wouldn't even consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ineras View Post
    I can see this failing.... Pet/mount collectors that have never tanked before queueing up as tanks and then not being able to do the dungeon and subsequently getting kicked until a tank comes along that has been queueing as a tank all along in cata. This basically defeats the purpose of the change.

Tanks queueing before change = 200
    New tanks queueing because of rewards = 100
    Total tanks = 300
    Tanks that get kicked because they end up failing = ~100
    Groups able to finish a dungeon = ~200

This is just me being pessimistic though.
    u forget to subtract the healers that'll never queue due to increase of fail tanks, just thinking 2 steps ahead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    The idea is fail. It was fail when they used it as "incentive" to get more people to complete Oculus. It's fail now. There's already a problem with tanks that think they're gods gift to the game with a completely ignorant (and often incompetent) concept of what DPS do. Seriously if I had a dollar for every tank that said, "all DPS have to do is worry about big numbers," I'd buy Blizzard and kick whoever I had this "Call to Arms" idea in the nads.
    Kay, Im a tank, and I often play a dps mage. DPS need to worry alot more about bigger numbers, healer mana imo and fire. Other than that, the fact you used the .. is it a word? 'Nads' is slightly worrying. In your case you may have to worry about your english to o.O. Dont stereo type tanks cause some tanks do know what theyre talking about, and not everyone thinks all dps need are higher numbers.