Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomic View Post
    I'm pretty sure this chanse doesn't massively affect the queue times. Tanks and healers will still be a lot less played than dps, which means dps still has to wait ages and tanks and healers get nearly instant queues and bonus rewards. They should really give dps bonus rewards to compensate for having 20min quesues instead of 2 second ones like tanks do.
    People need to stop suggesting this. It would only exacerbate the issue.

Funny thing is that people are making such a big deal about these mounts and how tanks are getting something extra but hardly anyone who gets these mounts even uses them for more than a week...

I farmed all the mounts myself from the instances and after a week or 2 I always end up using something else.. There are lots of people like me.

Bad players want the same rewards as good players, this change is great and will only benefit the game. As a Tank there is no incentive for me to que for a random and carry the grp past 1 per day. None. With this change you will see lower que times but you somehow think you should be entitled to the same rewards as someone who works harder than you.

Talking about math fail, the OP asserts:
    Quote Originally Posted by SirLancelittle View Post
    This would be a 1% drop chance. Sounds pretty low until you realize many players run over 100 heroics per expansion. With a 1% drop chance this means you would average over 1 mount per expansion, meaning essentially every tank would have at least 1 of the three epic mounts.
    This is incorrect. After 100 attempts at something that happens 1% of the time, you have a 63.40% chance of actually having that thing happen. Even if you have a 3% chance of actually getting any mount, you've just upped your odds to 95.25%, not 100%. The chance of something happening is 1-((1-P)^n), where P is the probability, and n is the number of attempts.

I'm a healer and I can see what they are trying to achieve, I don't currently raid due to time constraints and My resto and feral sets are as good as they can be and I've ground out all of my rep so I only do one heroic a day instead of 2-3 during the week or more over the weekends that I had been. If I was tanking instead of my 1 run I could be coaxed into 2 then how could that not reduce Que times? I think they would have been better off not charging a repair cost for damage to gear sustained while solo qued instead of the flasks etc would be a better idea though. It would appear Blizzard cant win, people whinge that Bliz doesn't do anything to shorten the DPS que yet when they do everyone still complains, what are all your pro solutions to the problem then? slamming your head into a brick wall with Bads doesn't rate highly on most peoples to do list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onorvele View Post

This is incorrect. After 100 attempts at something that happens 1% of the time, you have a 63.40% chance of actually having that thing happen. Even if you have a 3% chance of actually getting any mount, you've just upped your odds to 95.25%, not 100%. The chance of something happening is 1-((1-P)^n), where P is the probability, and n is the number of attempts.
    What is even funnier is that regardless of the drop rate, it's not a guarantee. You can run 3000 heroics and still never see that mount

Quote Originally Posted by Strafferen View Post
    Imo, the worst that can happen, is some of the DPS toons that never has tanked anything besides Rush-Wailing Caverns or the likes, will pick up tanking as offspec and start running as this... Without care and knowledge about how to tank, nor willingness to learn either.

Granted, there's alot of good tanks out there playing as DPS, but... My god, there's many of the opposite side as well. DK's attempting to tank in DPS gear (cause they don't have any tankgear), thus failing on every trash pull.

- I applaud Blizzard Entertainment for realising there's a problem with queuetimers. I just fear this will end up doing more damage, than helping.
    But a fail tank will either get kicked from groups and eventually learn through forced circumstances.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominating View Post
    I wish Blizzard would realize that adding features designed to achieve convenience for players in turn make this game more of a job

Quote Originally Posted by dicertification View Post
    My first thought after reading about call to arms dungeon queuing was I should get my dk leveled amd do some tanking. I think this will bring more tanks into dungeons, even of it is short lived, and I'm sure there will be a number of people trying to farm mounts out of it.
    yeah but why would you want mounts on your alt?

all these threads are fucking stupid. Who gives a shit that someones alt tank, or main tank for that reason gets a shot at some outdated mounts that most people who want them already have?

if it brings the queue times down for my dps alts then christ who cares. Dps whining saying they get nothing are retards. if this brings your queue down to 6-8 mins like a healers then seriosuly shut the fuck up thats the intent and reward enough.

i have high hopes for this change, people are stupid and greedy and maybe it will make either more people want to learn to tank, or those high geared tanks who dont have any reason to heroic anymore , to get back in the queue.
    Realm First Grand Master Enchanter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tibben View Post
    They're just missing the point with Call to Arms. Very few tanks are going to be motivated to join a bunch of random fail pugs through LFD regardless of what Blizzard offers them. Maybe this will make a 35 minute queue into a 33 minute queue, but most decent tanks aren't going to give a crap about a chance to get a mount, which they won't get anyway since half the heroics they join will either fail or take an hour to finish. I'm certain that every tank in my guild that runs a heroic will run with guild mates if they choose to run any at all. None of us need any valor points anymore anyway except on some of our alts, which we will always choose to run with guild mates anyway.
    Couldn't agree more..... I too think Blizz miscalculated the chances that "inactive LFD tanks" will actually return. Specially given that they can't bring just 1 guildie, have to complete the dungeon even if you get verbally abuse the entire run or ppl just act like jerks and the Vote to Kick system which in its current state has given a fair amount of players a 2 hour timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidska View Post
    Something I keep reading is that "People will go tank just for the rewards!"

Well... duh! That is kinda the point! All the "good" tanks had to start somewhere. When I tank a random dungeon, I blow threw that baby in under 20 minutes, but the first time I tried to tank a Steam Vaults? I failed. BAD.

Everyone has to start somewhere. Give the new kids a chance.
    Yeah, I dicked up my first real heroic (Shadow Labs) something fierce. Just don't be all like BAWWW YOU SUCK YOU NEW TANK, or else no amount of tank stimulus will fix the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Onorvele View Post

Seriously people. Do you not know the meaning of the word AVERAGE! If you have a 50% chance of getting 2 things (and a 50% chance of getting nothing), on average you get 1. This doesn't mean you ever will get 1. It just means on average you will. on AVERAGE!

You can quote 63% at me all you want. Or any other numbers. On average if you run something 100 times and it has a 1% chance to drop you will get 1 of them. On average. You might get 2. You might get 0. You might forget what average means and think since you didn't get 1 math suddenly doesn't work.

yes, technically if every tank runs 100 times not every tank will get a mount. However, we can estimate that in this case (assuming 3 mounts) about 1/3 tanks will have any given mount. Why can we do this. Because of averages. Because when thousands of people do something the one guy who gets it on his first try is balanced out by the guy who takes 200 tries. And so on.

Now people are estimating 6-7 mounts. Are you really going to be happy when that super cool rare mount is owned by 1/6 tanks. What about next expansion when the average tank has run 200 heroics and it is owned by 1/3.

Deleted
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned this BUT since these things are bound to account this system will encourage people to roll tank alts and thus making the queue shorter for everyone. So yeah, every none lazy person wins cool out of combat stuff and every lazy person gets shorter queue time. Everyone wins =)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not gonna bother with the math since this has NOTHING to do with math..

Blizzard has seen that random dungeon ques are too long for dps and healers, and has added nice BoA loot to encourage more players to tank random dungeons. This is positive for all players since EVERYONE can make a tank and get the same loot for their main character, even if that character is a dime-a-dozen dps'er.

Why is it that there's always someone around to turn a good thing into something negative? Is it human nature or is it the "Internetz makes me wanna RAAAAAGE!!!1!1!"-syndrom?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, not a bad change. Last time I tanked fully random PUG was like 2 months ago. Usually I do full guild runs or runs with only 1 random we carry through. I currently farm Heroic MGT for mount, 3 months strait. So there will be a point in tanking random Heroics again.