Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Cool How would YOU solve the long queue times??

I see people complaining about this every single day, especially in this forum and honestly it's quite annoying. I really can't think of a reason why most people don't understand that these long queue times are normal.

First let's understand some facts:

1. There are 30 specs possible in the game. 5 Healing specs, 4 Tanking specs, and 21 DPS specs. Notice that there are 5 times more DPS specs than Tanking specs.
    2. When people play a Hybrid class that can DPS/Heal and/or Tank, MOST people choose to be DPS. DPSing is considered by most people to be "most fun".
    3. Tanking is, despite what some people think, harder to do. At least to the average skilled played. And these averaged skilled players are, let's face it, 80-90% of the who WoW population.

So here is the situation. Tanking is HARDER, LESS FUN, and there are fewer class/spec options (WAY FEWER) than any other class/spec. Some will disagree, saying that Tanking is fun, or it's not hard, or blah blah blah. But in reality, 90% of the population do think Tanking is harder and less fun. So let's go with that.

So what is the problem here? Is it Blizzard's fault that MOST people prefer to play as DPS?? And let's face it, YOU ARE WHINING, but I bet 90% of the people that use these forums (or play the game) are DPS. Why don't YOU play a class that CAN be a Tank, and if you do, why don't YOU play the Tanking spec that class has?? If you do, WONDERFUL! You can queue anytime you want, and go play. You're probably not whining. I'm talking to the people that ARE whining about this. EXACTLY the people who play as DPS. They are the ones whining. Funny eh?

Face it people, this attitude "Blizzard f*cking sucks, because I'm a DPS and queue times are too long, so I'm quitting!" is ridiculous. There's a very BIG probability that YOU are the problem, not Blizzard.

But anyway, I am amused by people's crying and would really like to know what YOU would do to solve this problem.

Just remember:

1. Forcing people to play a spec is not an option.
    2. Giving more USEFUL rewards to some specific spec is not an option, as the vast majority would then QQ about that. (NO, your pets or mounts are NOT useful).
    3. My main is a DK. I HAVE a Tanking spec. I know what I'm talking about. Don't be an idiot. I don't QQ about queue times like 90% of the people, because I actually LIKE Tanking and I think it's easy, so I am not a part of that other group who crys about these kinds of things.

Go.

shorter dungeons, why Woltk queues were 15-20 mins dps,, coz you could run a instanse in that time, in Cata... its 35+ coz thats the faster time you can do one.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. There are 30 specs possible in the game. 5 Healing specs, 4 Tanking specs, and 21 DPS specs. Notice that there are 5 times more DPS specs than Tanking specs.
    2. When people play a Hybrid class that can DPS/Heal and/or Tank, MOST people choose to be DPS. DPSing is considered by most people to be "most fun".
    3. Tanking is, despite what some people think, harder to do. At least to the average skilled played. And these averaged skilled players are, let's face it, 80-90% of the who WoW population.

1. Here is where the problem lies. You only got 4 tanking specs. People are getting bored playing with 4 specs. Blizzard should add a new class with 3 different tank specs, with a different way of playing.
    Got almost 8 alts now, and only 3 of em are tanks. Doesn't make sense to have more, get's boring.

But i have to say I like blizzards plan of giving something extra to the players who leave their guildruns to help the community with shorted queue's

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jshidaka View Post
    shorter dungeons, why Woltk queues were 15-20 mins dps,, coz you could run a instanse in that time, in Cata... its 35+ coz thats the faster time you can do one.
    THe dungeons in Cata aren't that much longer than they were in Wrath, btw. Only reason it took 15-20 minutes in wrath was because most ppl overgeared the heroics when the LFD-tool was implemented. Come patch 4.3, we will probably outgear the current heroics by enough to run them in wrath-time^^
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Téuntjûh View Post
    1. Here is where the problem lies. You only got 4 tanking specs. People are getting bored playing with 4 specs. Blizzard should add a new class with 3 different tank specs, with a different way of playing.
    LK death knights were like that. Still there was a tank shortage. Still there were barely any dk tanks on LFD. So no, this is not the reason. People just don't want to tank and heal, that's it.

1. The dungeons are longer? Are you insane? Are you mentally ill? Look at Cata NOW. The LONGER dungeons are Deadmines and Shadowfang Keep. Guess what? They are old school dungeons. In fact, look at the map size of most Cata dungeons and compare them to ANY dungeons. From all expansions. These Cata dungeons are way smaller. And don't even BEGIN talking about Cata dungeons being "HARD".

2. Second. A 5 Man group consists of 5 players. 1 Tank, 1 Heal, 3 DPS. So logically, there should be AT LEAST 3 times as many DPS classes than Tanking or Healing Classes. There are currently 4 times as many DPS compared to Healing specs, and 5 times as many DPS compared to Tanking specs. It's not that bad. And this is in Cata. Until LK DKs could tank with all 3 specs.

And c'mon, seriously? Do we really NEED 1 or 2 more Tanking classes?? How many people in this game have played ALL the classes, or at least all the 4 classes that can Tank?? NOT EVEN 10%. Hell, not even 5%. WE DO NOT NEED more classes.

People need to stop being cowards and "choosing" to DPS because "it's cooler" (READ: EASIER).

Admit it! Most people play as DPS because they don't have the balls to heal or tank!! Practically every class in the game has a Tanking or Healing tree. And why do people always choose DPS? Because they're afraid (MOST ARE!). And then it's those people that come here CRYING about long queue times. The same people who don't have the balls to play (or AT LEAST have a Healing or Tanking OFF SPEC)!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obao98 View Post

So here is the situation. Tanking is HARDER, LESS FUN, and there are fewer class/spec options (WAY FEWER) than any other class/spec. Some will disagree, saying that Tanking is fun, or it's not hard, or blah blah blah. But in reality, 90% of the population do think Tanking is harder and less fun. So let's go with that.
    Not entirely true, plenty of people that tanked during TBC and/or Wrath have stopped tanking because of the rude attitude encountered mostly with pugs. I tanked a lot during TBC and Wrath mostly for guildies and/or friends. When LFD came along during Wrath things changed. I got fed up with the attitude a lot of people showed, not just towards me (or tanks in general) but general behaviour towards eachother. Flaming people for making a mistake, the 'go go go'attitude, failing to follow marks set up, standing in shit etc. I have had a lot of good or even great runs with LFD, but the bad runs made me quit tanking really. I'm considering to gear up for tanking again sometime, but doubt I will be running any instances through the LFD with it, will keep it merely to assist guildies and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    Not entirely true, plenty of people that tanked during TBC and/or Wrath have stopped tanking because of the rude attitude encountered mostly with pugs. I tanked a lot during TBC and Wrath mostly for guildies and/or friends. When LFD came along during Wrath things changed. I got fed up with the attitude a lot of people showed, not just towards me (or tanks in general) but general behaviour towards eachother. Flaming people for making a mistake, the 'go go go'attitude, failing to follow marks set up, standing in shit etc. I have had a lot of good or even great runs with LFD, but the bad runs made me quit tanking really. I'm considering to gear up for tanking again sometime, but doubt I will be running any instances through the LFD with it, will keep it merely to assist guildies and friends.
    Ok, let's go with that.

Is it Blizzard's fault that you encountered many retarded kids while you were pugging?? Should we blame Blizzard that the game is unbalanced because of dumbasses like those you described??

10+ Year Old Account
    And c'mon, seriously? Do we really NEED 1 or 2 more Tanking classes?? How many people in this game have played ALL the classes, or at least all the 4 classes that can Tank?? NOT EVEN 10%. Hell, not even 5%. WE DO NOT NEED more classes.

People need to stop being cowards and "choosing" to DPS because "it's cooler" (READ: EASIER).

Admit it! Most people play as DPS because they don't have the balls to heal or tank!! Practically every class in the game has a Tanking or Healing tree. And why do people always choose DPS? Because they're afraid (MOST ARE!). And then it's those people that come here CRYING about long queue times. The same people who don't have the balls to play (or AT LEAST have a Healing or Tanking OFF SPEC)!!
    I'm not exactly sure where you got your math skills or research, but I love it.

OT: I saw this elsewhere, but:
    Impliment a "favor" system. You do a random as a tank, you get 3 account bound favors. Heals get 2. Dps gets 1.

Spend the favors to get stuff. If you do your random on your tank alt, you help 3 dps get their daily done and you get 3 favors that can be spent on any of your characters.

I dunno. I don't like only rewarding tanks.

Deleted
    Instead of arguing, I'm just going to point out a little known secret for those wimps who won't play tank or healer. It can be REALLY fun and rewarding playing those roles! I consider myself an average Joe of wow, I don't raid hardmodes or anything and I - as most of Wow's population - started my "career" in game as a dps. Somewhere around mid WotLK I specced my priest holy and my DK blood and absolutely fell in love with tanking and healing. Just go and try it out everyone, I mean all tank/healer classes have viable DPS specs aswell so if you don't like it you can always go back.

I solve my queue times by doing dailies and chatting with people.

...what do you mean, that's not what you asked?

Deleted
    Haha Im loving this thread

Did you know that 79.6% of all statistics are made up on the spot?! Mindboggling isnt it

I've already done my bit towards the DPS queues, I'm DPS and I've stopped queueing ... where is my bag of goodies

Quote Originally Posted by jibbyjackjoe View Post
    I'm not exactly sure where you got your math skills or research, but I love it.

OT: I saw this elsewhere, but:
    Impliment a "favor" system. You do a random as a tank, you get 3 account bound favors. Heals get 2. Dps gets 1.

Spend the favors to get stuff. If you do your random on your tank alt, you help 3 dps get their daily done and you get 3 favors that can be spent on any of your characters.

I dunno. I don't like only rewarding tanks.
    And then the DPS are going to cry about how the Tank got 3 favors and they only got 1.

See a pattern here? DPS is ALWAYS crying. It's amazing.

I would like to see some REAL possibilities here.

If it's not possible to come up with something REAL, that could really work, I think people should stop crying. It's really annoying, and it's ridiculous. I would like show people how dumb, how retarded they sound like when they complain about something but have nothing better to suggest. I wish people would feel pain when they acted or did something idiotic like this.

Make justice points BOA so that the tanks who outgear heroics will still run them to gear up alts.

Hmm....how would i solve this....

I think i would give the least available roles (e.g. tanks & healers) some nice, not game-breaking, benefits like pets, gold, mounts and call it "Call to Arms". That would be the best solution.

10+ Year Old Account
    22 DPS specs. You forgot Feral Druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Téuntjûh View Post
    Got almost 8 alts now, and only 3 of em are tanks. Doesn't make sense to have more, get's boring.
    Adding more tank specs would not do a damn thing. It doesn't matter if they have different rotation, different kinds of gear, or different styles of mitigation or avoidance. Tanking is tanking, period. You're taunting enemies, generating threat, rotating cooldowns, focusing on not dying, and keeping enemies from attacking the rest of your raid.

That playstyle is something that a majority of players don't enjoy, regardless of spec, and therein lies the problem.

You would think, with only needing 2 DPS, 6 healers, and 17 DPS in a standard raid encounter, you would actually have a SURPLUS of tanks. But you don't. You have a shortage.

It's got nothing to do with the ratio of tank specs to DPS specs... it's got everything to do with the playstyle of being a tank.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2011-04-07 at 07:46 AM.

Deleted
    More tanks, simple. Drop some tanking talents in Enhancement and give BM hunters the ability to let pets tank, with a few new shot abilities giving their pets tanking buffs or whatever.

Probably isn't as easy as it sounds, but personally I know a lot of people who'd love that.

Deleted
    Just stop the QQ for ....... sake

If you want to play the FUN spec.. then you wil pay the price for that by having to wait longer...
    reroll tank or healer if you want short q's and stop the crying about it

Quote Originally Posted by cissa View Post
    Make justice points BOA so that the tanks who outgear heroics will still run them to gear up alts.
    This I would like very much, but it doesn't have anything to do with queue times.

---------- Post added 2011-04-07 at 02:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
    More tanks, simple. Drop some tanking talents in Enhancement and give BM hunters the ability to let pets tank, with a few new shot abilities giving their pets tanking buffs or whatever.
    It's not the tank classes that people don't like, it's the tank role itself.

I'd love to see enhancement become a tanking-viable tree not because it would improve queue times (it wouldn't), but because I'd really like to tank as enhancement.