Deleted

Best gold making proffession?

What is one of the best gold making proffs? I'm currently thinking of Herb and Insc so i can spend a few hours a day farming in the hope i can get 1 card or more a week since the only card that has really fell in price on my server is the tanking one, any suggestions?

10+ Year Old Account
    JC had always been one of the best gold markers. But I'm BS and right now I've been running a bunch of my guildies through heroics for them to get gear. In return I get the chaos orbs. With this I've been buying the truegold off Ah making the Elementium deathplate and selling them for 3-5k profit. It's been great! I've sold about 10 in the last week.
    Don't dish it if you can't take it...
    WotLK was/is the best expansion. It is not up for debate, just accept it.

15+ Year Old Account
    JC is still a great moneymaker, but it takes a bit more work now due to how competitive/bad the rare gem market is right now. There are so many JCers that ppl undercut nonstop. However if you are willing to take the time to prospect, and use the gems in the most profitable way, its basically impossible not to make gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Nume View Post
    JC is still a great moneymaker, but it takes a bit more work now due to how competitive/bad the rare gem market is right now. There are so many JCers that ppl undercut nonstop. However if you are willing to take the time to prospect, and use the gems in the most profitable way, its basically impossible not to make gold.
    They're severely nerfing the amount of gold a JC can make in the patch notes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinnyPete View Post
    They're severely nerfing the amount of gold a JC can make in the patch notes.
    Ack! 75s? Really? Lmao ore is gonna crash hard if they keep that change in :P. JCers prospecting it and vendoring greens was the only thing keeping it above 30g on ah...

Deleted
    ^ true pete, but then maybe the epic gems will balance out the loss.

Deleted
    on my alt i spend around 2 hours listing all my gems and pots on ah an daily i make about 9-15k gold it depends
    so for me JC and alchemy to get a lot of gold by not doing that much, instead of spending all day farming gathering professions
    Last edited by mmoc8d8b4b54df; 2011-04-08 at 12:28 AM.

I make the most with enchanting, but my methods are unconventional.

Engineering.
    Don't listen to the haters. Lovely profession to make gold with *cough*

Though Alchemy takes a good second place for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

If you have to time to herb go for alchemy.

I love "kaching" sound flasks make when they are selling like crazy on evening after realms reset
    Also truegold profit is nice

Deleted
    I've had probably the most stable income from the combination of alchemy and JC since Wrath, however, increased competition especially in JC has steadily decreased this income. I tend to want to bet on professions where you have a steady demand, like flasks will always be in demand like gems. But my personal experience is that LW leg enchants are subject to much lower competition than other consumables. But yea, every profession has got its own niche, which is chaning over time, you just need to find it before everyone else does.

Oh, yea, i tend to use my Truegold transmute as often as possible, as the proc of Transmution Master is so lovely free gold I cant resist it even if I break even on the mats w/o a proc (Got my first 1+3 proc couple of weeks ago - nice free gold!)

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    JC-Alchemy-Inscription

Consumable professions, jc, alchemy, enchanting. They are needed forever over and over. Alchemy is more of a volume thing though, and people can farm mats, which in turn they sell the product for less than the material worth because they can't comprehend opportunity cost.

You cannot effectively farm enchanting mats, which means your buying on ah and it tends to make people more aware of the costs. Jc is somewhere inbetween.