Red face Allod's Online VS. Runes of Magic

I would like peoples opinions on these 2 F2P MMO's that are currently out. Which is better?
    Which has less grind, which has better PvP, which is more balanced, which has more content?

Anything will help, trying to decide which MMO to play before I go back to WoW lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me put it this way, it's like taking 2 serial killers of equal heinousness, and trying to decide which of them is less bad than the other.

Both have Buy to Win cash shops that ruin the game at the level cap.

But to answer your question, I think Runes has more content, but Allods (in my opinion) looks better, and I enjoyed it more when I tried it out.

Best bet is to try them out and decide for yourself. They are "free" after all.
    "I can't take HIS money... I can't print MY OWN money... I have to work for money, why don't I just lay down and die?" - Homer Simpson

Steam: Zolgar
    360: Thumbtack Jayk

Deleted
    TBH RoM had a lot of potential back in the 2009, when Cash shop weren't obligatory to see new content (raids). I think RoM would be awesome if Failster made it subscription based instead of Fail Shop. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolgar View Post
    Both have Buy to Win cash shops that ruin the game at the level cap.
    Actually there are many ways around the cash shop in RoM. You can even buy diamonds (which is cash shop currency) with in game gold from the auction house or trading. You can also get alot of main things from the cash shop with tokens you get from doing dailes. I remember when I played I didnt spend much at all on the cash shop but was still doing everything end game and had pretty good gear.

Allods on the other hand there is really no way around the cash shop...they basically made it mandatory and way over priced. At least thats how it was before I stoped playing not sure if anything changed.

Do they really use RMT items to repair gear in Allods?

Allods, hahaha... good times.

Try it just to experience it. I wouldn't pay them a dime, but trying out a bit for free is worth it.
    "The Patient? Well... maybe... the mental kind..."

Thanks for the information, I decided based on these posts I'll pass on both. I love trying out new MMO's, but the one thing I cant stand is mandatory cash shops, especially for end game. Because then all the work yo get max level is covered by the fact that you need to start paying to play the main part of the game.

I'll stick to Rift for another month or so, then maybe back to WoW until Guild Wars 2/Tera :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Try them both At least I like them both. Both were grindfests though when I last played em.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

I have tried them both, to about level 10. I just wanted to see which one would be worth leveling to the max level in. I also have a question, do you still level both classes in RoM? I remember there use to be 2-3 classes and you had to level both. I hated that with a passion, thats the reason I quit the game.

Allod's Online
    + Love the art style
    + More classes to choose
    + Cooler races
    ? Bigger community
    - Cash shop / grind

Runes of Magic
    + Feels like WoW (could be bad too I guess)
    + Lots of content
    + Has been around for 2 years
    - Leveling 2 classes
    - Cash shop / grind

I tried out Allods and it really didn't do it for me. The races were pretty damn cool and the classes had a lot of awesome thing about them. I loved my Xadaganian mentalist! But that cash shop...

It's probably the least free "free to play" game that I have tried.

I haven't tried Runes of Magic yet. Having too much fun with Champions Online.

I Tried allods: And I loved it even more than I loved wow. The starting sequence is just brilliant. Quest are fun. Style. Gear OMG the Gear is soo cool. Blizz hire some of those Russians for design plx. The classes are awesome. Huge city. Yur archtype: healer tank dps, is different to which race you play. The animations in this game are awesome. The race dances alone are worth seeing. So much more focus on details, even if yur afk yur char is doing something and all done for 10mil in Russia? HOW ??? If those devs had the money Blizz had they would blow WoW away.

But then I started investigating:
    -The game has a big focus on religion praying and stuff to get buffs. This buff is very important. I hate that. Dont force religion onto ppl.
    -Grafting is a bit weird. You can have 2 but that such a pain in the ass you only stick with 1. But ofc they want you to spend money in the shop
    -You can get married in the game. But dont force ppl to marry someone of a different sex.
    -Itemshop is expensive. You can say what you dont spend on monthly fees you can spend in the shop...but 20E for a mount is a bit over the top.

With those things alone I decided this game is not for me. Religion to that extend, that marriage thing (If yur gay it's insulting) don't belong in a virtual game.

Havent tried RoM yet only hear so much negative stuff about it.

Opinion: If they removed the item shop and made crafting and the mounts better accessible this game could give wow a serious run for it's money. Im realy tired of the realistic looking mmos which the devs just cant make work (Rift)
    Last edited by Peta; 2011-04-09 at 06:11 PM. Reason: add opinion