Thread: Case lighting.

Deleted

Case lighting.

I'm fairly certain either myself or my friend has gone mad. I'm getting some CC blue lights for my new rig, he's also building one but getting like 4 UV CC light strips. I warned him that UV light can damage components over time and if you're using a windowed case it'll end up looking "sunburnt".

Like 90% sure I'm right. Also wanted to ask if anyone uses LED sleeves like from NZXT and if so; how do they look IRL?

They wont cause any damage as long as the cooling is fine as for sunburnt case I doubt that aswell unless it gets melted lol.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/...ghts-dangerous also googled and found that one guy claims he knows someone whos wires got fryed but everyone else says its fine.

Deleted
    Well UV light does break down certain polymers used in virtually all products. Unless you're actually using parts designed for use with UV lighting they will degrade. That's not an opinion, just a fact=s.

I think it is more a matter of the time frames involved.

It takes years for light to fade most objects, let alone cause damage of any meaningful nature. Most PC's don't last long enough for the minor damage to matter. If your like me and try to keep machines running long past their useful lifespan, then yes, UV might be a bad idea. If your are just making a gaming rig that will only be on top for a couple years, tops, and will be replaced again, a little UV light isn't going to hurt anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com