Nefarian 10man add help.

Ok so we've been having a bit of trouble, we cc the ADDS when they spawn and let the hunter kite whatever is un CCed

raid Setup is

Prot Warrior
    Prot Paladin
    Fire Mage
    MM Hunter
    Boomkin
    Shadow Priest
    Ass Rogue
    Resto Sham
    Resto Druid
    Holy Pally.

if there are other strats we can use for the adds, would love to hear them.

Frost mage, g0 !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    Frost mage, g0 !
    Frost is hardly even needed, a fire mage is enough. Assuming your kiter has got any brains.

OP, what kind of problems are you having? you're not really telling us anything other than what you should be doing.

MM kiting

I kite them as a MM hunter. I use a really crazy dumb spec that looks like this one here ( talent#cZfMGMGRMubof0G ). Basically I group them all together using Multishot's daze effect. When they start dieing I run in, pop deterence and lay down a frost trap just before deterence ends. This procs entrapment on them. Then I throw in a snake trap, this does the same thing.

After that breaks I hit Readiness and go back in with deterence popped to repeat the trapping process. As I see you have a mage, s/he can assist you by frost novaing after the second time you use entrapment. Finally I pop deterence, jump in, and by this time there is usually only 1-2 left and you can just tank the damage.

I would not reccomend this strategy if your Hunter is not an experienced skilled player as their is very little margin for error.

problems are cc's being all over the place so in last phase they aren't grouped together

Deleted
    I'm assuming you have your holy paladin assisting the kiter in phase 3, which should be your prot warrior (this is what we have been doing for a few months now at least)

if you have the holy paladin taunting the adds which go into the raid, followed by a the warriors taunt, you won't have any problems with them beating on your healers or anyone else. This means it hardly matters where you CC them in phase 1.

Of course you will have the mage assisting with novas and ring of frost during the kiting in phase 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkdude101 View Post
    problems are cc's being all over the place so in last phase they aren't grouped together
    If you are adamant about using CCs then I would suggest getting your holy pally to turn on Righteous Fury and heal. The adds (if untouched by the rest of your raid) will likely chage the paladin. He can take a few hits so dropping CCs when they arrive at him should work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugald View Post
    If you are adamant about using CCs then I would suggest getting your holy pally to turn on Righteous Fury and heal. The adds (if untouched by the rest of your raid) will likely chage the paladin. He can take a few hits so dropping CCs when they arrive at him should work.
    This.

We had the same problem with kiters (Frost Mage or Hunter) being unable to get adds to drop at same place. We ended up using an add tanking strategy instead, the and fight got remarkably easier once the adds dropped all together.

Strat really depends on where you have Ony/Nef, but what we do with having Ony/Nef at the east and west points:

We either CC the north or south 2 adds when they spawn, depending on where Nef decides to spawn them (9/10 times is the north 2). Other 4 adds are gathered by our feral DPS druid that starts the fight as bear and placed near the CC'd adds, he pops Nature's grasp to root 3 of them so he's left "tanking" 1 (generally he'll slow it and go caster form and root it). I as a boomkin am one of the CCs and we have a hunter trap the other so we have effectively rooted them all in that area pretty early.

Obviously you can't do this exactly with your setup. For you, I'd suggest Shackle/Roots the north or south side and likely have the hunter kite the rest, with help from the others like the mage and the boomkin (typhoon, mushroom slows if he has it). You could probably have the boomkin do a version of the strat above, but it would be healing intensive if he's not careful.

Deleted
    Shame you don't have 2 hunters, we use 2 tenacity pets to "tank" the adds, which are positioned carefully by me and our other hunter for p3 respawning. Glyph of misdirect and spam multi, heal pet, use pets "shell" and "last stand", ask your resto druid for a few hots and bobs your uncle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashunt View Post
    Shame you don't have 2 hunters, we use 2 tenacity pets to "tank" the adds, which are positioned carefully by me and our other hunter for p3 respawning. Glyph of misdirect and spam multi, heal pet, use pets "shell" and "last stand", ask your resto druid for a few hots and bobs your uncle
    You don't need 2 hunters for that; we just 1 and his pet tanks all the adds just fine. Like you said you just need the MD glyph and its pretty easy. Seems like the easiest way to do it since you won't need another class to respec just for that, nor worry about CCs.

Deleted
    Since it's on topic: how about the adds in p3 - do the OT tries to kite em as fast as possible or they try to slow/root them. I found out that if we do the second thing they get into the fire, so in my opinion they have to be moved as fast as possible, but I'd like to hear other opinions. On our last kill I managed to refresh all, but 2 adds which had over 30 stacks at the end...

I am usually being healed by disc priest who pulls me to him before electrocute, I also use heroic leap few secs before it so he has time to heal me for the aoe. The problem is usually the last electrocute on 10% where I might be out of cds and if some adds arent refreshed there's no way I can escape them - their speed is incredible.

DR;TL

Tell your mage that Ring of Frost works in Nef's area now. It turns it into easy mode when the adds get out of control

Quote Originally Posted by Mannoroth View Post
    Since it's on topic: how about the adds in p3 - do the OT tries to kite em as fast as possible or they try to slow/root them. I found out that if we do the second thing they get into the fire, so in my opinion they have to be moved as fast as possible, but I'd like to hear other opinions. On our last kill I managed to refresh all, but 2 adds which had over 30 stacks at the end...

I am usually being healed by disc priest who pulls me to him before electrocute, I also use heroic leap few secs before it so he has time to heal me for the aoe. The problem is usually the last electrocute on 10% where I might be out of cds and if some adds arent refreshed there's no way I can escape them - their speed is incredible.
    Tank the adds, move them out of fire nuke, laugh as they reset, rinse repeat to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by cakeisalie View Post
    This.

We had the same problem with kiters (Frost Mage or Hunter) being unable to get adds to drop at same place. We ended up using an add tanking strategy instead, the and fight got remarkably easier once the adds dropped all together.
    +1 for the add tank.

Bring a plate DPS to 10 man (War/DK/Pally) have them toss on a shield or go blood presence. This encounter can be pretty tough on 10 man if you don't have an add tank. In general it is much easier on 25 man.