Poll: Do you like to tank/heal

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    i'm possibly the worst healer ever to tread on azeroths soil ...
    but i'm a great tank and i love it !
    dps is fun sometimes, but it gets boring to soon.

I love healing, and i really liked tanking in the few instanced i've done it (a few wrath heroics with a frost DK). Healing in cata is much more interesting as a shaman, and i'll be tanking with the DK as soon as i get off my ass and gear him.

which unfortunately due to Portal 2 and a quick Witcher play through before 2 releases...won't be anytime soon

Quote Originally Posted by Tantric View Post
    I was just making a joke about how the majority of people here say they like to do it, but obviously there is still a problem. =)
    Which was the point of the thread. People like to say "there's not enough tanks because people don't like to tank", but that's clearly wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by DomBomb1 View Post
    I've been seeing a lot of people lately saying "most people don't like to tank" and/or "most people don't like to heal", so let's see what "most people" really think.
    I'm pretty sure what they mean is, "I don't like to tank/heal for retarded pugs that don't understand game basics"
    By all means I love healing and tanking. I just hate getting into pugs with retards. That is the only thing that truly tries my patience when I heal/tank.

Healing and DPS is fun.
    I've never liked tanking except at low levels when I can just stay ret or fury/arms and it won't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadin View Post
    Well since there's no option about pugs/randoms [...] healing a pug is like running your face along a cheese grater sometimes so I just gave up on it.
    Couldn't agree more I love healing raids, its what I do best, but I've all but given up on dungeon healing

Deleted
    I fucking LOVE healing on my druid, its so much fun. Tried tanking, wasn't for me. Main is mage, however.

Deleted
    I've never Raided properly on my Warrior, so I'll ignore her, but most of the time when Raiding I've done it on my Priest, usually as Holy. It's great fun having everyone's health to look at while having to focus on moving out of the way of certain boss mechanics. I think it's the split second decision making that and pre-emptive casting that makes it fun for me. On my Death Knight when I tank on him it's a blast. I did used to Tank in alt runs on him with my Guild and while I didn't enjoy the taunting off of other Tanks bit (I just found it boring since you're basically just dpsing a Target dummy, occasionally popping some cooldowns and taunting off every once in a while), I did like the co-operation that went with that. Saurfang for example, was very boring to Tank. I love Tanking trash packs too.

All of this said, most of the time I do like to just sit there and dps. I definitely think more DK dpsers should try Tanking though, there's very little difference, you're basically DPSing, just with lower numbers, but with a couple of other things to look out for to make it more fun.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like to tank. I like having control of my group. A lot of fault is placed on the tank so, I'd rather be that guy then the DPS blaming the tank for something he didn't do. IDK its a control thing i guess. Can move at my pace etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    resto shaman and blood dk are my mains healing gets old very quickly tanking you set the pace of the run so I prefer to tank over healing but DPSing is also ok

My fav role is without a doubt tanking. High end raid bosses, low level instances, whatever, i just love to tank. Having all the control, being able to cover up other people fuckups, it's just easier.

Don't get me wrong, i do like to pewpew from time to time, but i find it just too monotonous, compared to tanking, and even healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychadous View Post
    I'm pretty sure what they mean is, "I don't like to tank/heal for retarded pugs that don't understand game basics"
    By all means I love healing and tanking. I just hate getting into pugs with retards. That is the only thing that truly tries my patience when I heal/tank.
    Well they should say what they mean. In a lot of the cases, I honestly don't believe that's what they mean, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Speshuled View Post
    Cata didn't destroy healing, it made healers have to play smarter. In my experience, if you do a good job (at any role), more often than not you'll be appreciated for it.
    Well, it did for many of my friends and me. Healing rotations "introduced" in cata is just not fun for me (and them).
    To me the system is not about smart healing or not ... there is just no room for a real choice ... you take the one heal blizz thinks is right for the situation and everything is fine ... and I dont think "replaying" what blizz planned is "smart". But I can live with it
    --
    The cataclysm broke the world ... and the pandas could not fix it!

I really like to do both, but when it comes to heroics I hate tanking. There's always some douche that wont give you a few seconds to get threat, and calls you a bad tank because they die.

Deleted
    I enjoy both tanking and healing. These days I don't do much healing since I prefer to tank and its a hassle trying to keep 2 sets of gear up to date. Playing feral means I can do tanking and dps with almost exactly the same setup which is nice.

The poll is a bit misleading. Are you talking about LFG tool or with guildies/friends? Because there's a monumental difference.

I Have tank a lot in my playlife now is time to enjoy a little bit dps.
    For the Greater Good.
    www.allods.eu

Quote Originally Posted by Gavll View Post
    The poll is a bit misleading. Are you talking about LFG tool or with guildies/friends? Because there's a monumental difference.
    The poll means what it says. It is designed to hopefully make people stop saying "Most people don't like tanking". If people want to make statements like that, they need to qualify them properly. If you want a poll for LFG specifically, go ahead and make that one too.

I enjoy tanking and healing, but I prefer healing.

Deleted
    Ive been tanking since I hit 80 in early wrath and Ive never looked back. I love tanking because I have the control over pretty much everything.

Healing is fun aswell, knowing that the raid is relying on you to keep them alive is pretty cool.