Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    Give it a few weeks then every person with a learning disability or a sense of entitlement will roll a tank or healer just so they can get the goodie bags which will in turn cause the players queuing as dps to be the ones getting the bags.

Love it.

---------- Post added 2011-04-07 at 02:48 PM ----------

Would you prefer to have 50 minute queues?
    I could care less how long the queue is, if it got above 40 minutes I'd just do it with people from my Server who also have Tanks and DPS at 85, I'd Tank for their DPS, they'd Tank for mine

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    I actually agree with OP. Since we don't have the option to spec Healer or Tank. It has nothing to do with that we are playing a pure class at all. We shouldn't be penalized for playing a pure class just because we enjoy it the most.
    You may not have the choice to spec your mage/lock/rogue/hunter to tank or heal but you have the choice to roll a new character. How is it fair that you are rewarded for going DPS on a pure class because you like it the most but the hybrid DPS isn't rewarded because they don't like to heal or tank?

Also long DPS queues don't bug me cause I spend my time to do other stuff such as gather stuff, do dailies, do archeology. Stuff I would be doing any ways but now instead of doing it in one block I do part of it, run a dungeon, then finish it.
    Last edited by Novarian; 2011-04-07 at 07:53 PM.

Blizzard is lazy and not only are they as about as creative as a 1st grade teacher. Most of their customers are borderline retarded and belong in first grade who suggest 'brilliant' completely unfair, stupid and quick to be ineffective band-aids which they call solutions. Boosh
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2011-04-07 at 10:18 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    I actually agree with OP. Since we don't have the option to spec Healer or Tank. It has nothing to do with that we are playing a pure class at all. We shouldn't be penalized for playing a pure class just because we enjoy it the most.
    Quit crying about it you CHOSE to roll a pure dps...

Rewarding people who actually WANT to tnak/heal is the less awful solution they tought of that could be implemented without screwing up everythign else...

My main is a dps and I raid as a tank because my guild needs it. But if I had the choice I'd always be on my dps...Since it is my choice I stfu about the queue times...If I want instant queues I juste have to log my tank...If you want the rewards....ROLL A TANK/healer it's THAT simple

Nobody forced you to roll a "pure"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    I could care less how long the queue is, if it got above 40 minutes I'd just do it with people from my Server who also have Tanks and DPS at 85, I'd Tank for their DPS, they'd Tank for mine
    Most people playing the game don't have that kind of time to be dedicating to WoW to sit in a 50 minute dungeon queue and then another 45-60 minutes give or take to complete it, and for what? All in all I think this change will be healthy for the community as a whole.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    This post is stupid, ITT bunch of selfish people that want everything for them self and don't want to share anything. Way to show your true colors ^^

Quote Originally Posted by prefect View Post
    Only warriors should get goody bags, to make up for Ye Olden Days when they could only tank.
    Interesting since warrior are the only hybrid thats been able to do/near pure lvls of dps almost all of wow lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sourberrys View Post
    Blizzard is lazy and not only are they as about as creative as a 1st grade teacher. Most of their customers are borderline retarded and belong in first grade who suggest 'brilliant' completely unfair, stupid and quick to be ineffective band-aids which they call solutions. Boosh
    You truly live up to your name
    twenty-four hour skeleton power

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Somebodyelse View Post

Rewarding people who actually WANT to tnak/heal is the less awful solution they tought of that could be implemented without screwing up everythign else...

My main is a dps and I raid as a tank because my guild needs it. But if I had the choice I'd always be on my dps...Since it is my choice I stfu about the queue times...If I want instant queues I juste have to log my tank...If you want the rewards....ROLL A TANK/healer it's THAT simple

A lot of us CHOSE our class years ago, not knowing what would happen in the future and just rolling what we thought seemed fun.

If I could transfer my Achievements, mounts and pets over to a new character I would roll a hybrid within a second, mainly because of the many advantages it brings.

Most people playing the game don't have that kind of time to be dedicating to WoW to sit in a 50 minute dungeon queue and then another 45-60 minutes give or take to complete it, and for what? All in all I think this change will be healthy for the community as a whole.
    Most players do have that time, actually.
    The patience? Not necessarily. The time? Probably. In my experience most of the people that claim they only get to play "like 2 hours a day" are actually logged in "like 4+ hours a day".

How many times would you be encouraged by a treat or 'goodie bag' anyway.

On one side of the scale is always= Dog then on the other is maybe a couple / few times = normal rational human being.
    So how many times are you going to be encouraged by the scooby snack I mean goodie bag

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Imo, everyone should get.
    Stupid change overall.
    The change is made to promote tanking and healing ... why the hell should everyone get it then?? U want to be rewarded for running a dungeon? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by christschinwon
    these isolated tracks really do show the playing warts & all which is a good thing. I'd hate to think that my musical heros were machine like perfectionists. Steve Harris is & will always be just a cockney geezer who also happens to be a fucking great bass player!

Deleted
    Go clear a cata heroic with 5 Pure dps, without getting killed. Then we'll continue this debate.

Let's say that this is a way to refund the mythical hybrid tax =D
    Last edited by mmoc058e0f1fe5; 2011-04-07 at 08:00 PM.

They benefit by doing the best dps. They don't have the "hybrid tax" when dealing damage, so they benefit from being the best at their role.

/thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe Blizzard should actually go back to the drawing board and try to find out what happened. I have tried my very hardest through getting pretty awesome gear and doing the Heroics with people I know, but I just cannot get into Tanking/Healing, it just isn't for me. I would rather stop playing entirely than have to perform those roles, and apparently, based on Que times, a lot of people are not wanting to do those roles right now. So maybe instead of trying to give incentives, they should go back to the drawing board and try to make those roles easier/more fun and try to get more people to play them and thus bring down que times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    They benefit by doing the best dps. They don't have the "hybrid tax" when dealing damage, so they benefit from being the best at their role.

/thread
    Theres no 'hybrid tax' anymore.

/post

Quote Originally Posted by Somebodyelse View Post

Hi, welcome to the raiding scene. You see, there are these classes. There are 10 of them. All 10 of them are needed in some form.
    4 of those 10 are pures. Since those 4 are part of those 10, they are included in that whole "needed in some form" idea.

Nobody forced anyone to roll a pure, but if the people playing pures hadnt rolled pures, there wouldn't be any pures. And sometimes those pures can be pretty instrumentally important. There would be significantly fewer heroic Valiona and Theralion kills, for example, if no one played rogues.

---------- Post added 2011-04-07 at 03:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    Go clear a cata heroic with 5 Pure dps, without getting killed. Then we'll continue this debate.

Let's say that this is a way to refund the hybrid tax =D
    You can't refund something that was done away with a very long time ago.
    Also, go clear a Cata heroic with 5 tanks or 5 healers. Oh wait lol. Logic is hard on forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Cell View Post
    A lot of us CHOSE our class years ago, not knowing what would happen in the future and just rolling what we thought seemed fun.

If I could transfer my Achievements, mounts and pets over to a new character I would roll a hybrid within a second, mainly because of the many advantages it brings.
    Quote for fucking truth

Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    Go clear a cata heroic with 5 Pure dps, without getting killed.
    I may be way, way off here, but can't hunters basically solo a good portion of this content anyway? Or at least some of it. I don't think it's a stretch to say two hunters, a lock, a mage, and a rogue could clear some Cata heroics with a bit of careful planning and clever use of class mechanics.

To answer the OP's question....NO.

If everyone gets a reward, we're right back to where we are now. At least Blizz is doing something to help out your wait time. Let's give it a try and see what happens.