Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    LFD Queues would still be noticeably shorter as Tanks, and there would still be a discrepancy of less Tanks than Healers, but queue times would still be shorter than they are now, and that's what people asked for; this, hoever, does not exclude 40% of classes from a monetary influx
    Except this doesn't change the fact that I haven't run a heroic in like a month and I exclusively pug heroics as a bear tank. So this wouldn't get me back in the queue. Even 4.1 probably wouldn't have done that other than to run the new dungeon a dozen or so times. At least with the new incentives I have a reason to run them again.

Also why is it okay to force Hybrids to play a class they don't want to play, but its not okay to force a pure dps to play a class they don't want to play.

I say we add tank gear for all classes then you guys can all go gear up 2nd, 3rd, and 4th sets to play your class properly.

Let me guess op is a pure dps...

Are you kidding me forcing someone to do something they clearly do not want to do is a BAD THING.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    This is the 76137328719328th post on this topic. It's Blizzard decision so give it a go and see what happens. Imo it will probably fail but let time do its job. If you have a constructive suggestion post it on official forums. Rly getting sick of every person that gets an idea puts it here as the "ultimate solution".

Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    This is self-defeating, because it incentivizes pure dps'ers to occupy the queue more than they currently are, and creates a situation where it feels like hybrid dps'ers are being punished, because every other possible role (Tank, Heal, Pure dps) gets the bonus except them.
    Right on the money, Underdogba.
    Contrary to popular belief, I do not eat babies... I merely gnaw on them.

So you dont want to be forced to reroll, but you want others to reroll instead?

Childish much?

Quote Originally Posted by Oogzy View Post
    I thought they did that when they singled out tanks as being the most important class in the game by giving them extra stuff...
    You'd think so, but you'd be wrong. Did you actually read the blue post? They make it quite clear that they did this with ONLY the DPS in-mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman View Post
    I really don't see the problem with the LFD tool. Roll a tank/healer, wait 40 minutes, or don't use it.
    Thats what I did, and I'm loving it.
    Btw, before the LFD tool was introduced, was it any faster for DPS to get groups than it is now? I can't really remember.
    It just depended, it could have been shorter, but most of the time it was longer. Also I think 40 minutes is a bit of an over exaggeration, on my rogue my queues are never longer than 25 minutes. Before it not only often took longer, but it was annoying spamming trade for a tank for a half hour. At least now if you're not doing something in game you can watch TVs and just turn your volume up or surf the internet.

To the op, forcing people to make a heal or tank spec is just a bad idea. People gotta stop complaining so much this new system will definitely help, I know I will be queuing as much as possible. And when heals takes over ill be queuing feral/restore on my Druid.

Flat out bad idea.

As a shaman, my 2 specs could be enhance and elemental. How am I going to do any dungeons? What about the druids that are balance and kitten? What about those that use their dual spec for different dps spec builds? What about those that have a pve and pvp build? Your solution is automatically going to exclude these people from running randoms

Forcing people to take a role they don't want is not a solution to any problem

For those that are slow, I don't know how many times this has been explained but people just don't read it

If people want to tank they will roll a tank
    If people want to heal they will roll a healer
    If people want to dps they will not roll a tank or healer

Deleted
    You guys are just pissed I can solve the queue problem overnight
    Are you serious? Seriously serious?

I thought they did that when they singled out tanks as being the most important class in the game by giving them extra stuff...
    Blizzard singled out tanks? No, not really. The legions of drooling dps that clog the queues, causing a tank shortage relative to the number of morons queued as dps, singled them out.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

lets also at the same time force pure dps to have an alt tank/healer, and they cant queue on their pure before they did on their alt.

.... forcing ppl to play specs they dont like is something blizzard will never do, stop asking for it. All you do is make yourself look like a jalous pure who could also have rolled a hybrid at the start of the game. If you find it so unfair, you still can, 1-85 takes maybe 3-4 days if you truly hate your pure.

Deleted
    The best solution I could think of that went along the lines of this Call to Arms idea was this: out of the roles you're able to do, the least represented roll(s) you're able to be a part of would get the goodie bag. This would allow everyone the goodie bag as pure dps classes can only dps, so their roll would always be highlighted, Shaman's healer icon would be highlighted and DK's tanking icon would be highlighted. This would allow everyone to benefit from this and give people that extra incentive Blizzard is looking for.
    Then u get the problem that tanks wont tank untill there is a need for it, same as healers, it doesnt solve anything.
    I think the Call to Arms is a step in the good direction, lets just wait for it and see how it turns out.

LFD Queues would still be noticeably shorter as Tanks, and there would still be a discrepancy of less Tanks than Healers, but queue times would still be shorter than they are now, and that's what people asked for; this, hoever, does not exclude 40% of classes from a monetary influx
    Congratulations Sir. You actually just found one way Blizzard could change something that would, without a doubt, make me quit WoW without looking back. I applaud you for that, because I've never seen anything that would make me walk away without a second thought (okay, aside from wiping profession books clean and all my characters losing the rare recipes they collected).

Sure, there are some people out there who don't tank because they're lazy. Then there are those of us who don't tank because we know we'd be terrible at it. As the ret paladin further down the thread said, you don't want me tanking for you. The results will not be pretty. I'm a fury warrior, I'm too high-strung and nervous to tank. I'm comfortable in my role as DPS. Even practice tanking BC heroics in Wrath with a few people from my guild (at 80) unnerved me (when I was considering trying it and built up a tanking set, which is long, LONG gone).

I pay money to enjoy a *game*, not play something where I feel like I'm forced into certain roles.

"Dont' let hybrids queue as DPS"?

Out of all of the bizarro stuff I've read today about CTA, this might be the worst. It's a really, really bad idea to force someone to play a non-preferred spec, one which they may not be good at, so they can queue in LFD. No, strike that, it's a monumentally bad idea. And it's not fair to people who choose to play a DPS spec as a hybrid.

I'm a paladin, I have 3 viable specs. It's MY decision, not Blizzard's as to the spec I choose to play. And guess what, Blizzard isn't going to implement something as dumb as this because they're not in the business of finding ways to prevent people from doing stuff.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stupid thread is stupid.

Stupid post is stupid. Infracted. - Elyaan.
    Last edited by ELYPOP; 2011-04-07 at 09:18 PM.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Blizzard singled out tanks? No, not really. The legions of drooling dps that clog the queues, causing a tank shortage relative to the number of morons queued as dps, singled them out.
    There will always be more DPS players than tanks/healers. Some may drool, how many, I don't know.

Sure tanks get sweet stuff, but you will also be getting quicker queue times. I hate people that would rather no one have sweet stuff than other people getting sweet stuff when they don't. Freaking Communists. Stop complaining and give this new system a chance.

The only flaw I personally see is the fact that its not that people don't like tanking that causes this, but the fact that in end game tanking specs are needed much less. Tank specs are rarely used in pvp (blood being the exception right now), where dps and healing specs are both popular. Also in raiding tanks consist of the smallest majority of the raid.

If blizzard wants a real solution they would have to make more tanks needed in raids or make tank specs more viable in pvp.

I am still encouraged by one thing, though. I still don't see any countermeasures to one of my favorite things to do when bored: flip the queue on and off as a tank to cause the dps that the queue popped for to rage.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

so wars and dks can ONLY EVER que as tanks?....SUPER PLAN!

im sure all the pvp/pve spec'd dps dks and wars will rejoice as they can never do their daliy heroic.

or they can be foced to tank, and i do mean forced because there are many dks and wars out there that are dps with a pvp off spec.

I gotta say though I suspect the op might be a troll. No ones ignorant enough to keep arguing this massively flawed suggestion.