Poll: Read the post and then answer the poll: are you addicted to wow?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Are you addicted to WoW?

BEFORE you answer to the poll read the guidelines and if you have atleast 8 you should vote yes:
    1. You have and still am playing world of warcraft.
    2. You have read and wrote things about world of warcraft in a fan-website.
    3. You have a toon at the max lvl.
    4. You have imagined what would happen if you quit wow or your subscription ends.
    5. You have ignored something from your real life because of world of warcraft.
    6. You have answered yes to the poll above.
    7. You have said a phrase you learned from or by WoW in real life.
    8. You didnt go somewhere you wanted to go because of an end game thing(i.e. raid, arena, rbg, etc).
    9. You flew/walked mounted/walked around stormwind/shattrah/dalaran.
    10. You bought the official game.

if you think a question should be changed/added/removed please say so in the comments.
    Last edited by Talentbdf; 2011-04-09 at 04:51 PM.
    Help my Youtube channel grow please.

10+ Year Old Account
    considering people automatically have 2/3 and most people have a max level character (playing 30 minutes a day would result in such if you bought cata at launch) this is incredibly biased towards addiction. I play wow MAYBE 5 hours during the week and 5 hours on weekends, far from addiction.

was addicted. blizz dropped the ball for me.....and are NOT making it any more attractive with ANY of the updates. so yea. play rift and consoles now

Oh yes, definitely. I've been playing since launch, and still play just as much as i used to. Kinda sad to think about really...
    We mortals are but shadows and dust...

10+ Year Old Account
    This is in no way accurate... 3 of these? really?

So I've played the game (duh, that shouldn't even be on there)
    I've read and written stuff on a fan website (who doesn't? not my website but I did use to post a lot on EJ and AJ)
    and I have a 'toon' at max level, (again, who doesn't? seeing as it only takes like 2-3 weeks to level from 1-85 playing very casually)

And yet the ONLY reason I still play this game is because of the people I play it with, if it weren't for them I would have quit over 2 years ago.

dont think ur reasons quite make you addicted, but im no psychologist.

Deleted
    The only reason I even log on lately is raiding and that's only a few nights a week. Other than that I just get bored so I don't bother ... so no I don't consider myself addicted to wow

I agree with the general tone of the people posting here, even if multiple things on your list apply, it doesn't make a person addicted... Several of your points apply to essentially everyone on this forum.

That being said, as a person who has definitely been addicted in the past, I can say with utmost confidence I am no longer...

In grade school, I was playing 8+ hours a day (12+ on weekends). I would shrug off responsibilities like school work, and turn down opportunities to do things outside of WoW more often than not. Now, however, I play very, very casually (i.e. <6 hours a week). That being said, I'm certainly addicted to gaming as a whole, I still spend a lot of my free time on some sort of gaming medium, whether it is my PC or a console.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2011-04-08 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    This is in no way accurate... 3 of these? really?

So I've played the game (duh, that shouldn't even be on there)
    I've read and written stuff on a fan website (who doesn't? not my website but I did use to post a lot on EJ and AJ)
    and I have a toon at max level, (again, who doesn't? seeing as it only takes like 2-3 weeks to level from 1-85 playing very casually)

And yet the ONLY reason I still play this game is because of the people I play it with, if it weren't for them I would have quit over 2 years ago.
    very much agree with this. If my friends were'nt on here i would not be either.

523 days 11 hours play time on my rogue since early WOTLK (I started when Ulduar came out out)

No, I'm not addicted at all. I don't believe you can get "addicted" to a game.

edit: and my mage days 77 days played. Was too lazy to log onto my warrior and shaman and check the times on those.
    Last edited by bigsandwich732; 2011-04-08 at 07:15 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    How is simply playing the game one of the reasons to be addicted? Doesn't that pretty much negate everything else?

Quote Originally Posted by Nourish View Post
    considering people automatically have 2/3 and most people have a max level character (playing 30 minutes a day would result in such if you bought cata at launch) this is incredibly biased towards addiction. I play wow MAYBE 5 hours during the week and 5 hours on weekends, far from addiction.
    changed to 5/10
    Help my Youtube channel grow please.

Deleted
    I was once, i was. Now im addicted to forums only. Don't even miss playing.

1. You have played world of warcraft.
    4. You have imagined what would happen if you quit wow or your subscription ends.
    6. You have answered yes to the poll above.

1. Yes, used to. Not anymore.
    2. Sort of. I used to troll various forums, and still do.
    3. 2 level 85s, multiple 80s.
    4. Yes, a month before I quit I thought about it daily. How would I keep in track of friends, what would I do with my free time ect.
    5. Yes, used to. But the last year or so I played WoW I stopped doing this.
    6. Nope. Hit no because how can I be addicted when I don't play anymore?

---------- Post added 2011-04-08 at 02:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lared0n View Post
    I was once, i was. Now im addicted to forums only. Don't even miss playing.
    lol this. Despite having quit WoW awhile ago and not missing it at all, I still love going to various forums and trolling or just talking. My next bad habit to break =S

this is 3/5 that mean sh!t.

8. You didnt go somewhere because of an end game thing(i.e. raid, arena, rbg, etc).
    9. You flew/walked mounted/walked around stormwind/shattrah/dalaran.

8 basicaly means that if you raid=you're addicted.

9 is dumb.

there,i found 5/5 answers that should prove you're addicted that prove nothing

I quit a few months ago,so...

NO

I think the only option here that actually defines any sort of addiction is #5 the rest are all just really absurd options that are pointless and don't really prove anything.

#1 11 Million people have played WoW, some addicted, some not, not really a basis for defining if someone is addicted.
    #2 Some people are really imaginative and don't play wow but still immerse themselves in the WoW lore, I have at least 2 friends that do this.
    #3 I have 5 at max level.. but I play 2 days a week... yea... not that hard...
    #4 I have quit WoW for 6 months - 1 year at a time periodically when I get bored.
    #5 Again the only deciding factor for if someone is addicted that you have stated (granted there are other factors but you have named none of them)
    #6 answering the poll does nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I found myself answering "yes" to the first five.
    Yep, played for five years. Only played it for the last few months due to nothing else being available. Sub was canceled two months ago.
    Well, duh.
    Three of them, actually. But anyone who had an arsenal (I had one of each class) of 80's before Cata could've achieved more than I without being an addict.
    Yep, and I'm living it. More time outside with friends and just keeping up with what's current in WoW. Also focusing better at college...
    I ignored my girlfriend a couple of years back and it almost caused us to break up. I set my priorities straight after that point.

Like Nourish said; your questions prove not whether you're a dictionary definition of an addict or not and your version seems very biased. The questions need to be revised big time.

Your criteria for this poll is highly biased... It is quite easy to be able to answer 5 of those things and not be addicted to wow.

I answered yes to 8 of those questions and can promise I am not addicted. Wow could shut down tomorrow and I would not care one bit.
    I would miss the people I raid with, and the raiding atmosphere, but thats about it. I have grown away from the game, to the point that I only log in to raid and that is it.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is jst bullshit.
    1) people that havent played wow wouldnt post here?
    2) guess what i'm doing...
    3) it takes like 5 days of playing to get a lvl 85...
    10) if i didnt buy the game i wouldnt be playing it, righ?

4 of these questions r just like always true?