Deleted

Affliction + Quartz + Drain Life

Im not sure if this issue has been brought up before, i tried searching and couldn't find anything. If there has already been a thread on this, I'm sorry for opening up another one and would appreciate the link I was unable to find.
    So my question is this: Playing affliction and using Quartz.. after casting Drain Life a few times, the red bar start "increasing" in size, therefore my question is about when to start recasting/channeling Drain Life... follow Quartz or let the actual animation finish?
    thanks

Deleted
    use a nochannel macro :

/cast [nochannelingrain Life] Drain Life

will only cast drain life if you are not chanelling another one. ie, spamm that button buoy !

(obviously that smiley in there is : + D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    use a nochannel macro :

will only cast drain life if you are not chanelling another one. ie, spamm that button buoy !

oh, thank you so much i saw another macro somewhere online, but it was "channeling" not "nochanneling" .. im guessing that's why it wasnt working right.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    use a nochannel macro :

that is actually not good.

say you have 200 ms, so you have a 200ms red bar on your quartz cast bar. If you cast shadowbolt or whatever, you try to press the button as the cast gets to the red bar right? so that with latency, you cast next spell right after the current one ends.

With that nochanneling macro, you can't do that. So instead it will wait till the current spell is finished, and then will send the message to the server to start casting your next one. With that macro, you'd end up with time spent not casting.

the way to do it, is to remove quartz, and install gnosis. quartz is old, it doesn't show channeled spells being affected by haste, because when the addon was made, haste didn't affect tick speed. Gnosis is exactly like quartz, except it is more customizable, and shows channeled spells correctly.

After you have gnosis so that you can see ticks correctly, and with a red latency bar for each tick, you press the button for the next cast, when the cast gets to the red part...just like when you cast normal spells.