Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Didn't Recount used to show Effective Healing?

All I can find is overall healing and overhealing, neither of which are a useful stat by themselves. I'd have bet that at one time Effective Healing was part of recount. I'd rather not have to break out a napkin, crayon, and abacus to figure out if my healing was good or not.

I believe "effective Healing" was rolled into a new category that added together effective Healing, and absorbs; however I could be incorrect, and I don't remember what this was called

Deleted
    I'm confused "healing done" shows your effective healing no? Healing done + Overhealing done = Total healing?

Nope, you have Healing Done - Overhealing = Effective healing.

Healing Done doesn't include overhealing..

Shielding your life since 2007 yo

I'm fairly sure Healing Done doesn't count overhealing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Deleted
    No, overhealing doesn't count in Healing Done. Absorbs has been added to Healing Done though.

If you watch the healing done real time, the number never goes down, it only goes up. There's never a subtraction for overhealing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DariusMDeV View Post
    If you watch the healing done real time, the number never goes down, it only goes up. There's never a subtraction for overhealing.
    There is, but that is done behind the scenes. The "Healing Done" view doesn't show raw healing, just effective heals.

Deleted
    Because it only counts the actual healing you do on someone, as in, the amount of HP they gain, not the amount the heal shows.

Just do this: open recount, go to healing done, and start healing yourself while you're full hp, you'll see the meter won't go up.

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    I'm confused "healing done" shows your effective healing no? Healing done + Overhealing done = Total healing?
    You're correct.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    No, overhealing doesn't count in Healing Done. Absorbs has been added to Healing Done though.
    This is true, and if you don't believe it just get into combat with a level 5 and spam heal yourself, the bar won't go up at all

Don't look at healing meters, they are bad!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsjb View Post
    This is true, and if you don't believe it just get into combat with a level 5 and spam heal yourself, the bar won't go up at all

Don't look at healing meters, they are bad!
    This, I never understood why some people need a healing meter when they are healing. When I'm healing if the group does not wipe because of my healing I don't need any other proof or anything like spam linking meters to brag about my healing done or HPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Roitto View Post
    This, I never understood why some people need a healing meter when they are healing.
    I'm sorry for your understanding disability. You're still a good person even if you have trouble understanding things.

Deleted
    I'm sorry for your understanding disability. You're still a good person even if you have trouble understanding things.
    Well then please do tell me what would you need that for other than checking what spells someone else is using on that fight, fine sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Roitto View Post
    Well then please do tell me what would you need that for other than checking what spells someone else is using on that fight, fine sir.
    You've already said this is something you can never understand, so why try to explain it. Never = you'll never get it, so it's ok. Just realize it's important, but the reasons why you won't understand.

15+ Year Old Account
    You've already said this is something you can never understand, so why try to explain it. Never = you'll never get it, so it's ok. Just realize it's important, but the reasons why you won't understand.
    World of Logs is INFINITELY more useful than Recount in terms of figuring out healing efficiency. It takes in so many more factors.

I wouldn't entirely discount healing meters, but they are not as cut and dry as DPS meters are.

Let me give you an example, on our last attempt of Heroic Omnomnomtron, I tried to prove a point to another healer. I was sniping assignments with fast and instant heals and was well above 14k HPS for the first 3 minutes. You know what also went up? Everyone else's overhealing because I was trying to pad my numbers for the lulz.

It's all about group synergy. You having 13k HPS when everyone else has 8k because you're not working with your group is extremely detrimental.
    Last edited by Kaneiac; 2011-04-08 at 07:09 PM.

Actually they didn't say it's something they'll never understand, just that it's something they haven't understood so far.

There are a lot of possible reasons for wanting to look at healing meters, but Recount is a bit too shallow to be used as an actual in-depth analysis, which it isn't meant for anyway. It's good on the go and shows your overall performance and if there's something you or others should do to immediately improve their play.

Do these bigger and better meters draw more resources to do the math that quickly? Will it grind my poor business i7 to slowness?

Do these bigger and better meters draw more resources to do the math that quickly? Will it grind my poor business i7 to slowness?
    World of logs will not change your FPS at all. Recount on the other hand can drop your FPS sharply. All WoL does is save your combat log through the /combatlog command. You then upload it manually to their website later.

WoL = far less lag, and way more accurate information. Takes some setup though, but it's not too bad. The one disadvantage is you can't look at WoL in game of course. Hence why I use both.