Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cho'Gall and 100 Corruption

After trying this for the first time last night I have a question.

Best way to get 100 corruption I'm guessing is from the 25% debuf called Corruption Acceleration or something like that? Standing in shadow crashes didn't increase corruption quick enough.

stand in the shit the adds spawn from the slimes its liek a black aura on the ground problem solved.

get to like 75 then hop out get fully healed and PEW PEW

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuous View Post
    Playing a fire mage is like playing the lottery
    Quote Originally Posted by Eschatonin View Post
    People think its easy because they hear about the few who win?

Deleted
    Unless you have tard monkies that dispel you, you can get out at around 70-75 and let the buff finish you.

our mage gets to 50% and lets the magic debuff do the rest, just make sure noone dispells it until they are at 100% and every shadows orders the mage gets a preist shield and Hand of sacrifice and also uses iceblock on a shadows orders.

this is the hc tact and is a must for the extra dps, we get the shadow adds to no health before chogall uses them and then they do alot less dmg so the mage can survive all the way to start of ph2, just requires most cds to be used on the mage and maybe an innervate on the mage as spamming instant pyros most of the time is mana consuming.

its also gd to make sure inspiration is up on the mage also as this combined with pain supp or hand of sacrifice the shield will most likely not break until the last tick and the mage takes minimal dmg.

im not excatly sure what he does to get corruption so fast but taking 2-3 crashes then standing in the pool till after 50% is usually the best way.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2011-04-08 at 04:19 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

You should take 2 / 3 crashes. Those will bring you to 25%. You will get the acceleration debuff. This cannot be dispelled from you. If it is dispelled, then getting to 100 corruption will be a bit harder AND you wont stay alive as long. Lets say you got dispelled, and are one shadow crash from getting 100%. you still need to take that damage to push you to 100, this leaves you at much lower health.
    ARMORY LINKS- Mage - Paladin

Unless you have the full cooperation from your healers and RL this would be a death sentence in my opinion. 100 corruption = no heals and 75% you are doing additional damage to the raid. Do you have awesome overgeared heals and mediocre dps that you need to compensate for?

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enchanter View Post
    Unless you have the full cooperation from your healers and RL this would be a death sentence in my opinion. 100 corruption = no heals and 75% you are doing additional damage to the raid. Do you have awesome overgeared heals and mediocre dps that you need to compensate for?
    This is supposedly* a necessary tactic for Heroic Cho'gall. I'm assuming that's the only reason why he'd intentionally want to get to 100.

*I only say "supposedly" because I personally have only pulled H Cho'gall like 3 times for lulz, and we never bothered to really learn the strat, so I don't know from personal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by fhate View Post
    stand in the shit the adds spawn from the slimes its liek a black aura on the ground problem solved.

get to like 75 then hop out get fully healed and PEW PEW
    This guy is right but i'll just clarify it a small bit more.

The Black puddle which the Blood of the old god adds spawn from, if you go stand in them after the adds have left the puddle you'll gain corruption very fast. Once you go above 75% go out of the puddle and ensure that no1 dispells you and that you get healed to 100% health right before you hit 100 corruption. Then a rotation of cooldowns are used to keep you up for (normal mode) what should be the rest of the fight.

The rotation of cooldowns is more important on heroic as you wont last (2?) of the shadow add's aoe without cooldowns. Priest bubbles, ice block and the use of the mirror of broken images trinket from Tol Barad are essential. Not to mention not taking any other avoidable damage in the process.

Don't bother with shadow crashes, as you said they're too slow.
    Last edited by Geomatician; 2011-04-08 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enchanter View Post
    you have to do this tact on hc or you wont kill it trust me, our mage stands where the adds spawn and the raid then doesnt take any extra dmg than normal, it just requires all cds and stuff to be used to keep the mage alive, the mage will die either just before ph2 or at the start but the extra 7 mill+ dmg he does is needed to beat the enrage timer.

im pretty sure its 100% extra dmg the player does as i dont really pay attention to the debuff, our mage ended up with 37-38k dps on the fight

Deleted
    We did this in cho'gall heroic as well, but after the HP nerf last week it's not really necissary. The raid doesnt take additional damage, since the mage will stand out to the side only ocassionaly joining the raid under a PW:Barrier.
    its also gd to make sure inspiration is up on the mage
    Dont know why you would want Inspiration on the mage since it only mitigates physical damage tanken.

But if a mage get full corruption in spilled blood of the old god during the first adherent, it should be no problem keeping him alive til well into p2 if you have a disc priest(PW:Sheild/barrier and pain suppresion)/holy paladin(Aura Mastery/HoS) /UH DK (AMZ).

Ah I didn't know that the puddles also added corruption. Thanks a bunch for the input guys.

Gonna give this another go next week see if I can get the holy paly on board. Last night I had only read a few posts on the basic principle and decided to try it. Disc priest kept up shields on me, but only using the shadow crashes meant I didn't get to 100 till the 2nd phase which is kind of not worth it. Also ran OOM fast. Gonna try saving Evoc till at 100 and also switch to mage armor.

Again, thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by Davoo2080 View Post
    We did this in cho'gall heroic as well, but after the HP nerf last week it's not really necissary. The raid doesnt take additional damage, since the mage will stand out to the side only ocassionaly joining the raid under a PW:Barrier.

Dont know why you would want Inspiration on the mage since it only mitigates physical damage tanken.

But if a mage get full corruption in spilled blood of the old god during the first adherent, it should be no problem keeping him alive til well into p2 if you have a disc priest(PW:Sheild/barrier and pain suppresion)/holy paladin(Aura Mastery/HoS) /UH DK (AMZ).
    my bad on inspiration then i thought they changed it but not played my preist in ages but unless you do hc chogall with 5 healers this tact is a must with 6 healers as its pretty close to the enrage timer at the end.

last phase with 5 healers is very difficult with all the dispells and heavy dmg going out so that extra healer helps out alot.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2011-04-08 at 04:55 PM.

Are you trying to get 100 corruption or just looking for important things to avoid?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ooby View Post
    After trying this for the first time last night I have a question.

Best way to get 100 corruption I'm guessing is from the 25% debuf called Corruption Acceleration or something like that? Standing in shadow crashes didn't increase corruption quick enough.
    The way I do it is I wait until the first couple of adds have been aoed down, and the shadow lords AOE has fallen off, then i run into the pools from the big adds until i get 25%, run closer to the boss, soon as i get 100% i call for dispell, and on every shadowlord AOE i get sacrifice, disc priest shield, and all that good jive, also, get the trinket from tol barad with magic resistance, huge.

Quote Originally Posted by wg15 View Post
    Good Mages survive until last phase.
    Surviving until the last phase has nothing to do with being a good mage. It has everything to do with the raid's ability to cooldown you.

Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    This is supposedly* a necessary tactic for Heroic Cho'gall. I'm assuming that's the only reason why he'd intentionally want to get to 100.

*I only say "supposedly" because I personally have only pulled H Cho'gall like 3 times for lulz, and we never bothered to really learn the strat, so I don't know from personal experience.
    Its also how ppl top the worldoflogs parses for this fight. The top ppl are all Pyro spamming with 100 corruption. You can do the fight without doing this but then ppls epeen would suffere from not hitting the top 100.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Its also how ppl top the worldoflogs parses for this fight. The top ppl are all Pyro spamming with 100 corruption. You can do the fight without doing this but then ppls epeen would suffere from not hitting the top 100.
    Or, maybe, it's because it is a legitimate tactic to use to beat his enrage timer.

Deleted
    Get the rest of your raid to shape up and its far from necessary, no seriously

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    You do it to push into p2 before 5th add, has nothing to do with epeen

I seriously thought this was a LoL thread, Read it as Cho Gath. But yea stand in the pool for the adds and tank them, that should get you up pretty fast, and stay with 50 corruption and throw up on the read with corruption sickness, get them all to 100.