Deleted

Divine Aegis/Necrotic bug

"What happens is, a DK afflicts my priest with necrotic. Then I shield myself and heal. Should either the glyph of PW:S crit or heal crit ( or I use Prayer of Healing ) Divine Aegis procs as it should. Damage is then absorbed by the amount that divine Aegis states. However, once the damage absorption from Divine Aegis is spent the buff remains with the tool tip "Absorption amount remaining 0". This remains for it's duration of 12 seconds or unless otherwise refreshed.

During the time this nil value Divine Aegis is active, damage taken ignores the PW:S on the priest if he has necrotic strike on him. This leads to the priest taking a reduction in hit points while the absorb amount remaining on the PW:S remains untouched until either Divine Aegis fades or Necrotic is removed/falls off.

This bug can be recreated by having a Death Knight hit you with Necrotic Strike and keeping it refreshed. Casting PW:S on yourself and Prayer of Healing to proc Divine Aegis. Damage will then pass through the shield once Divine Aegis hits 0 leaving the amount of absorb remaining untouched on PW:S until one of the other two drops.
    "

Taken from EU priest forums

they should make that absorbs cancel out anyway imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if that's why I get eaten by DKs without proper peels.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    they should make that absorbs cancel out anyway imo.
    Why? I don't see any point in having a ~3k Aegis from a single Penance tick crit overwrite a 25k shield.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

afaik due to shields lasting longer they made aegis get consumed first... maybe it'll change with 4.1