Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Al'akir P3 is like being under water.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyankha View Post
    Yeah, sadly we got him just to 2nd phase and that's it, never visited him again for a while.
    Al Akir is the type of boss you kill once for your tittle/server worst/world first/wow progress update type of boss
    Hi Sephurik

Water themed environments have been ruined forever for me because of The Legend of Zelda.

Stupid Water temple -.-
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted
    The new old god probably hides in Vash'ir or something, probably gonna fight him there?

Epic alliance submarine vs horde submarine fight GO! Easy heroic loot again GO!

I would put in a mechanic like yogg's sanity in ulduar. But instead of sanity you would have to refresh your air instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    i only remember people allways fail when u have 3D enviroment on a boss ( malygos drakes staking up was hell , al'akir people not moving up to much is hard to for people... )

I wish Blizz didn't have to build an encounter to force us to work with 3 dimensions. Sure maybe something to cause you to swim up from the floor then back down, but that's about it. But no.. in every encounter we have to move as a group and avoid an object that really screws with the perception. "Is that going to hit me? Oh! It already is hitting me! *dead*"

Should have an encounter that is underwater, but a friendly NPC waiting outside gives us a buff that grants plated boots (sorry Zelda). No swimming otherwise the boss instantly kills you with a powerful current.
    Last edited by Sammonoske; 2011-04-12 at 12:58 AM.

I enjoyed Vashj. All four times that i've been through it now. I would definately like to see a boss underwater in three dimensional movement / boss mechanics.

I hated Vash, so no.

I'm sure people will enjoy it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwntatoes View Post
    I told my friend I was going to McDonalds, but I actually went to Burger King. Kind of rude, but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by synthetikv View Post
    Bring her some ribbon candy and worthers original. Old Bitches love ribbon candy and worthers original.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vclm26 View Post
    Being underwater opens up new dimensions to the fight. Instead of running around on an x,y plane, you get to use x,y, and z.

Movement in 3 dimensions can make room for creative new boss mechanics and new exciting scenarios.
    New? NEW? As if there has not been bosses with z axis movement?

I liked Vashj'ir a lot, but only as a solo levelling zone where I don't need to rely on anyone else and can do it at my leisure.

With the Oculus, we learned the hard way that three dimensional movement is a disaster when we have to rely on other people to be competent at it.

Deleted
    If they add some form of depth perception to the game, then sure. Otherwise no. Because right now you have no way of telling if an object is at 100m away from you, or 1m in front of your eyes, unless you use reference marks that are in the room (stuff you know the size of, and their distance from you).
    Now how do you do that in a huge empty room where you can float around in 3D? Short answer: you don't. It's basically as if you had 1 eye closed.

And if they continue with the 3D fights, they should really stop making those in big empty rooms with absolutely nothing to use as a reference mark.

Let us walk on the ground but have vastly reduced gravity, so we jump really high.

how about a little 30,000 leagues under the sea action first part of raid starts in one of the massive snails then u have to take a submarine ride to the other massive snail along the way u fight the giant squid first phase is in the sub like a few arms will come in and dps and tank a few arms while the rest of the team has to shoot it with cannons then phase two the sub surfaces and every one goes out of the sub. its stormy the giant squid grabs raid members and tosses them around there are waves like in OS but they are water and if u get hit it knocks u into the water and then there is a hrapoon that some one has to be in charge of and hit the squid in the eye but its gonna be really hard and the whole time random lighting strikes but say iof u time it right u can hit the squid with the spear and then get lightning to strike it for extra dmg but then when u beat the boss u have to anchor up in the 2nd snail and insted of say like 1 boss its a massive ally army that u have to fight in the water for the dock
    like ToC champions only more lots more maybe less hp but make it seem like a massive battle to some degree and depending on how u fight ur way thru that dock it can activate certain hard modes like say u launch a torpedo and it blows a hole in the wall later on one of the bosses is all under water stuff like that
    buut thats my veiw
    its 5 dollar pitcher night and i must be off