Thread: 4th Spec - Solo

4th Spec - Solo

I stopped playing a few months before LK was released. I've recently gotten back into the game but back in those BC days, I remember it being easier/more fun to solo content since my talents were a 20/40/40 mix of Holy/Prot/Ret. I'm currently Holy spec and healing is all I do in instances and raids, so I don't really care about my secondary spec when grouped. I go Ret for soloing since it makes the most sense. I don't have much time in the week to raid and I'm at the point where I can either 1) Run dailies 2) Heroic Instances. Both get pretty boring. Going solo into old school content as Holy or Ret spec seems difficult.

Does anyone else think there should a 4th spec option for soloing? One that lets you mix talents from each of the 3 options? I'd be fine if Blizz wouldn't allow that spec to be used when grouped even.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moving to General.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Deleted
    Yes and lets get another fifth tank spec for every class aswell.

We already have dual spec now, we should be happy. People always want more, the specs are fine the way it is, no more stuff needs to added ( also introducing something like this will take ages to balance again.. )

Two things... iirc people had 71 talent points at 80 ( and 61 points at 70 because idk if you meant soloing in BC or Wrath), and you can't enter raids without being in a raid group. That said Blizzard does not consider soloing to be a core part of the game and would likely never do this. You can have a perfectly fine solo spec in ret or prot and do almost every raid you want to (within reason). So why is this necissary?
    Last edited by Passive Apathy; 2011-04-08 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kavada View Post
    I stopped playing a few months before LK was released. I've recently gotten back into the game but back in those BC days, I remember it being easier/more fun to solo content since my talents were a 20/40/40 mix of Holy/Prot/Ret. I'm currently Holy spec and healing is all I do in instances and raids, so I don't really care about my secondary spec when grouped. I go Ret for soloing since it makes the most sense. I don't have much time in the week to raid and I'm at the point where I can either 1) Run dailies 2) Heroic Instances. Both get pretty boring. Going solo into old school content as Holy or Ret spec seems difficult.

Does anyone else think there should a 4th spec option for soloing? One that lets you mix talents from each of the 3 options? I'd be fine if Blizz wouldn't allow that spec to be used when grouped even.
    Am I the only one wondering about the 100 talent points OP had?

OT: You can solo stuff perfectly fine. Those strange hybrid builds aren't needed.
    What does Essence of the Blood Queen do? What should you do if you have it?
    Make you sparkle in the sun and gives you super strength, also changes your name to <insert name> Cullen. Bite someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Uroboros View Post
    Am I the only one wondering about the 100 talent points OP had?
    Percentages, probably.

In my experience, every class has viable solo ability. Granted, some specs will have trouble with soloing older dungeons, but we don't need Blizzard to add ten more specs to the balancing act.

20% of my talents were Holy, 40% of my talents were Prot and 40% Ret. I hope that helps clarify the 20/40/40. (I can't remember the exact talent order but doesn't really matter.)

Considering that the vast majority of the game for many players is done alone, it obviously is a focus of Blizzards to provide content to do while you're alone. Having a solo talent build isn't unreasonable. I suppose the better question would have been to ask other paladins what spec and build order they currently use. (Note: This post was originally posted in the paladin forums but moved. My fault since I didn't word the question properly.)

Deleted
    20% of my talents were Holy, 40% of my talents were Prot and 40% Ret. I hope that helps clarify the 20/40/40. (I can't remember the exact talent order but doesn't really matter.)

Considering that the vast majority of the game for many players is done alone, it obviously is a focus of Blizzards to provide content to do while you're alone. Having a solo talent build isn't unreasonable. I suppose the better question would have been to ask other paladins what spec and build order they currently use. (Note: This post was originally posted in the paladin forums but moved. My fault since I didn't word the question properly.)
    both retri adn prot have preaty good self heal. I solo many olrd raids in my prot paladin and he have many greens!

Deleted
    Considering that the vast majority of the game for many players* is done alone
    *For you. Don't presume to know what the majority of WoW players focus on, or what Blizzard's priorities are. There is zero content in this game designed specifically or exclusively for solo. There is a lot of content that can be done solo OR grouped, and there is content that is exclusive to doing it grouped.

As for what specs you can play if you want WoW to be a single player game, Ret works just fine for that. It's got plenty of talents that allow you to solo any content that isn't specifically designed to be done with other people.

While we're at it, let's add a fifth spec to fill whatever role that particular class can't currently fill: shaman and priests get a tank tree, Warriors get a healing tree, and shit, pure DPS classes get one of each.

SPECS FOR EVERYONE

/endsarcasm

Can we knock off the shit about adding specs? GAME IS FINE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdris View Post
    GAME IS FINE.
    I don't know about that..

What I do know is that we have enough specs now and none need to be added!

Deleted
    Prot specc, with some talents that increases WOG healing is really great for soloing. I can easily stay above 70% hp with 5-6 mobs pounding on me in TB

Edit: Exaggerated some