Mac Video Software?

Ok, so I run a fairly large guild and I've recently started recording our boss kills. I play on a macbook pro, and the video recording software is in-game, however I'm looking for (preferably free) software for that does 2 simple things; allows me to add audio (music) to a video and displays the scenes in parts where I can cut what I want. Anyone able to suggest a simple Mac based program that can do these two things?

Deleted
    Are you willing to pay for it?

Yay, my first post!

Did your MacbookPro not come with iMovie? I used to do quite a bit of this stuff, just simple things like arena matches or bosses, make an intro and add a cool tune - in iMovie this is very very easy. My Pro came with this software installed, but it was bought 2 years ago. I'd seriously recommend it if this is all you'll be using it for - it really is a great, simple and intuitive piece of software, and if you have to pay for it, I can't imagine it to be very expensive, as Final Cut is available for advanced users.

In fact, just looked at it, it's part of the iLife package now it would seem - not too expensive, but still costs some i guess: here it's about 60$ (Northern Europe) - includes some other software too.

youtube.com/omgflim (the simple stuffs I made with iMovie - no skills required!)

Or, you could install Linux, but that's a bit of a project I guess

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    I think there's a really cut down version of Final Cut you can get for under $100 isn't there? iMovie is awful.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Deleted
    I've had no problems with iMovie so far... Your Mac should have it pre-installed If not, it should be on the application DVD. Or you can find it in the AppStore (req OS X 10.6.6 snow leopard).

If you want some more advanced with more features, effects and such, Final Cut seems like the best option.

Quote Originally Posted by karate99 View Post
    Are you willing to pay for it?
    I am willing to pay, just like to keep the cost down as much as possible.

---------- Post added 2011-04-08 at 06:48 PM ----------

My Mac did not come with iMovie installed.

Deleted
    My Mac did not come with iMovie installed.
    Strange... Do you have the application DVD? It should be on that

Um as far as recording? Use quicktime x (im assuming u have a half decent mbp) and for editing use imovie and u can add any audio track u want. with quicktime x its already formatted for it so its pretty easy to drag and drop. Just load up quicktime, go to file -> new screen recording, then start and stop when needed. It will record without sound to keep performance up and size down (you can do audio and movie with both as well)

Deleted
    I would recommend Screenflow. It comes with a very good recording software aswell as a editing software I like much better then iMovie. It has a cost so you either gotta pay for it or yarr yarr it.