At what ILVL should I start raiding

Im sitting at an ILVL of 349 (I dont know wht is up with my signature sayin otherwise) and was wondering when I should start looking to get into some of the raids
    *broken sig link*

10+ Year Old Account
    340 is acceptable for Halfus, Omnomnomnitron, and Magmaw if you're very coordinated with your group (or being carried!).

Otherwise, 349 is more than adequate.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    349 is a perfectly decent ilvl to begin, in my book.

I would try to get into some guild raids to try to get better gear before pugging though, as not every pug is going to accept 349.

346 is around what people would have expected to go in with when raiding was new.

Anything over 346 for sure... since anything over 346 you've already got raid level gear..

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    346 and fly away!

346-350. I'd strongly suggest you get at least full 346 with 1-2 epics from rep/craftibles/world drops.

200 for argalol :< 345+ for real raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Wing Zero View Post
    I dont know wht is up with my signature sayin otherwise
    Your signature doesn't care about your pvp gear in your bag.

You have an ilvl of 344 currently.
    You're wearing 333 shoulders and 2 rings and a 308 trinket.
    You're also missing 4 enchants.

Fix that up and you'll be good to go.

Your ilvl is raid ready. Now make sure your gear is gemmed/enchanted correly, know your rotation, and know general boss strategies (tankspot). Also look what upgrades there are from the Halfus/Valiona/Magmaw/Omnitron/Maloriak/Atramedes/Conclave so you can plan your valor spending accordingly.

333 gear is even fine if you know your class well enough

You will be fine to start raiding in 346+. Try and pick up BOE's and other easy epics to help yourself get a head start.

Yeah 346 is enough,tbh even a little less these days if everybody else is 350+

Deleted
    I'm glad to know this as well, especially since I tried to join my first BH pug yesterday and was told 352 was too low.

340 for dps, but don't just stop working on gear outside of raids. 348 for tanks/healers. 350 pre raid is pretty easy so everyone should get to that point pretty fast even if you aren't getting upgrades in raid.
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

When cata first dropped 340 was our mim req to get a raid spot
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Laevus View Post
    I'm glad to know this as well, especially since I tried to join my first BH pug yesterday and was told 352 was too low.
    352 is normal nef killing gear o.0

Deleted
    With a guild who consists of people who know that standing in fire is bad, 346+ is fine.
    With a guild who consists of people who think that fire on ground = extra dps, leave, now!

Trash runs on my server is requiring 355+, clearly showing the expected skill level of randoms.
    Having a mage pull 3k dps on Argaloth while wearing 346+ is kind of sad tbh.

Anything above 346 is fine, 346 is heroic-level gear, you should have that in every slot + at least one rep epic. Crafted epics are a definite plus. NO PVP GEAR to inflate this except weapons (as most 359 PvP weapons will trounce 346 PvE weapons).
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trellen/simple (Enhancement PvE)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...l/alamo/simple (Boomkin/Guardian, PvE)

No, I'm not the real Alamo, just a guy who liked his work.

Deleted
    When you find a guild.

ilvl has nothing to do with it.