Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Holy pally Haste or Crit?

    The guide thats stickied in this topic is saying Spirit > Haste > Crit > Mastery. But every holy pally i know says crit is better for Infusion of Light procs. So which is it?

  2. #2
    Grunt
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Rome,Italy
    Posts
    14
    clearly haste>crit,infusion of light procs are nice,but haste is there 100% of the time,and crit comes with gear/intellect,so i'd rather reforge crit into as much haste as possible

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Missbenedict View Post
    The guide thats stickied in this topic is saying Spirit > Haste > Crit > Mastery. But every holy pally i know says crit is better for Infusion of Light procs. So which is it?
    the biggest benefit of haste is the higher use of Holy Light vs Divine Light, meaning more mana saved/hps.

  4. #4
    High Overlord DanielMG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Aalborg, Denmark
    Posts
    153
    The thing about healing is that there is no way set in stone. Haste will provide more throughput and you need less haste rating for each 1 % of haste than you do of crit, the downside of haste is the added mana consumption and thus the higher need of regen, also the faster cast; the more Daybreak procs, and the more Daybreak, the more Infusion of Light. Crit on the other hand provide more healing for no additional manacost, but offers poor conversion; you need more rating for each 1 % of crit, and you only really get 0.5 % added healing.
    Gregersen, main raiding char, Holy Paladin.
    RNG is not an excuse.

  5. #5
    You get a lot crit from int, buffs and when really needed DF anyway, so it's not like you're neglecting crit at all by going spirit > haste.

  6. #6
    Holy paladins dont need haste. If you find yourself needing a quick heal you can use WOG, Holyshock, FOL, or even Infusion of Light. We have more instant cast heals than any other class. Shaman have none,(except for the CD) these are the healy classes that need haste over any other class. The paladins most important stat as a healer is crit. I agree that crit can be problematic because it is not consistent, but with health values the way they are the inconsistency is less of a problem than you may think. Overhealing is no longer an issue, bigger heals mean more shield absortion without needing a larger mana pool.
    Last edited by Seani; 2011-04-10 at 02:49 AM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Seani View Post
    Holy paladins dont need haste. If you find yourself needing a quick heal you can use WOG, Holyshock, FOL, or even Infusion of Light. We have more instant cast heals than any other class. Shaman have none,(except for the CD) these are the healy classes that need haste over any other class. The paladins most important stat as a healer is crit. I agree that crit can be problematic because its not consistent, but with health values the way they are the inconsistency is less of a problem than you may think.
    Don't spread lies, please. Holy Paladin stat values go Int> Spirit> Haste >>>>>>>Crit >>>Mastery.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielMG View Post
    The thing about healing is that there is no way set in stone. Haste will provide more throughput and you need less haste rating for each 1 % of haste than you do of crit, the downside of haste is the added mana consumption and thus the higher need of regen
    Lies. Absolute lies. It saves mana because you can use Holy Light more often. I don't even play Holy and I know that...

  9. #9
    Did you even read what I wrote Triston. Just read it to yourself and it will make sense.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Seani View Post
    Did you even read what I wrote Triston. Just read it to yourself and it will make sense.
    Triston is actually correct. Haste > crit by a long shot.

  11. #11
    The Lightbringer Toffie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Seani View Post
    Holy paladins dont need haste. If you find yourself needing a quick heal you can use WOG, Holyshock, FOL, or even Infusion of Light. We have more instant cast heals than any other class. Shaman have none,(except for the CD) these are the healy classes that need haste over any other class. The paladins most important stat as a healer is crit. I agree that crit can be problematic because it is not consistent, but with health values the way they are the inconsistency is less of a problem than you may think. Overhealing is no longer an issue, bigger heals mean more shield absortion without needing a larger mana pool.
    I suggest you go read a guide, you clearly know nothing of the mechanics.
    Steam Big Picture Mode - 4570 - GA-H87N - MSI R9-290 - 120 GB Samsung 840 EVO
    Corsair 250D - Philips 55 LED TV - Corsair RM 550 - Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB

    4770K - EVGA 780 Ti SC- Corsair 350D - V700 - Gryphon Z87
    Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB - Samsung 840 250GB - H60

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Seani View Post
    Holy paladins dont need haste. If you find yourself needing a quick heal you can use WOG, Holyshock, FOL, or even Infusion of Light. We have more instant cast heals than any other class. Shaman have none,(except for the CD) these are the healy classes that need haste over any other class. The paladins most important stat as a healer is crit. I agree that crit can be problematic because it is not consistent, but with health values the way they are the inconsistency is less of a problem than you may think. Overhealing is no longer an issue, bigger heals mean more shield absortion without needing a larger mana pool.
    Here's what I find amazing, how can someone go 85 Levels and still not know the mechanics of their class or how to properly play it? I see paladins all the time in cities that reforge to mastery thinking LOLBUBBLES!!! And gemming for crit; I kid you not did an alt run the other day. Paladin had full crit gems, reforged completely to crit, and was using Bell from Atramedes -- He Swore that paladins still got mana back when they crit...
    Anyway Paladin stat order as stated is Intellect > Spirit > Haste > Dodge > Strength > Resilence > Crit > AFK-Itis > Comcastic DC's > GM Disconnects during boss kills > Mastery. And as for shamans im not sure what you mean by the CD? Could it be Nature's Swiftness? Because I dont know any high end shamans that spec into this at all, even with the changes to it incoming. Riptide on the other hand, is a heavy insta cast, puts a HoT on the target, two if earth living procs. As for you talking about "Bigger Healers mean more shield absorbtion without needing a larger mana pool" you do realize our mastery isnt a smart shield correct? Meaning, if you get off a 50k Divine Light, and follow it up with a Holy Shock, or a smaller Holy Light of 16k your "Bigger" shield just got replaced in one global. Besides unless you stack mastery the shield wouldnt even be considered useful in a PvE enviornment; it's the equivlent of putting a Pillow to your chest as body armor then getting hit by... Ray Lewis (?) at a full sprint, and you at a dead hault.
    I'm pretty sure the only semi correct thing you said was "Theses are the healy classes that need haste over anything" I say semi correct because they share the same stat priority as us. Although with the change to their mastery I will admit I dont know if mastery goes over crit in a 10 man setting or fight dependency AKA Heroic Chim/Chim.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Missbenedict View Post
    The guide thats stickied in this topic is saying Spirit > Haste > Crit > Mastery. But every holy pally i know says crit is better for Infusion of Light procs. So which is it?
    They are wrong. Spirit (if needed depending on your gear/raid mana regen) and haste. Crit is way, way below both of those, and mastery even more so.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Seani View Post
    Holy paladins dont need haste. If you find yourself needing a quick heal you can use WOG, Holyshock, FOL, or even Infusion of Light. We have more instant cast heals than any other class. Shaman have none,(except for the CD) these are the healy classes that need haste over any other class. The paladins most important stat as a healer is crit. I agree that crit can be problematic because it is not consistent, but with health values the way they are the inconsistency is less of a problem than you may think. Overhealing is no longer an issue, bigger heals mean more shield absortion without needing a larger mana pool.
    lol troll? just stop. Haste > Crit > Mastery...Int>all

  15. #15
    High Overlord jonthegreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    WINNING
    Posts
    102
    Please DO NOT listen to the people who told you that crit or anything besides int is better than haste. Haste is a paladins best stat besides int of course. Yes crit is kind of ok, but haste should be reforged on all pieces of gear because the faster the divine lights the better (Especially for heroic bosses). People who say that the faster you cast divine light the more mana regen you need is just retarded. Conservation of mana and knowing how much heals to put into a tank at a specific point during an encounter goes along with knowing your class. Also, although paladins have a number of insta-cast heals, that doesnt mean that they are as good as divine light. Divine light will almost always come first in boss encounters. Holy shock should be used on CD, but as far as WoG or LoD, they are up to the healer. If you are assigned on tanks, which you should be, you will never be able to keep them healed using insta-cast heals. The 40-50k divine lights are vastly superior. If you wanna see how i reforge, or what i itemize for take a peak at my armory by clicking on my name below my signature.

    Wow didnt mean to make a paragraph. Just wanted to put my two sense in.
    Last edited by jonthegreat; 2011-04-10 at 08:26 AM.
    ♥Ⓐ♥Ⓦ♥Ⓔ♥Ⓢ♥Ⓞ♥Ⓜ♥Ⓔ♥

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Seani View Post
    Did you even read what I wrote Triston. Just read it to yourself and it will make sense.
    It makes absolutely 0 sense because instant spells also profit from haste (as in having a reduced global cooldown) now troll off.

    ---------- Post added 2011-04-10 at 10:45 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by jonthegreat View Post
    Wow didnt mean to make a paragraph. Just wanted to put my two sense in.
    How about adding some paragraphs? Your text is barely readable like this.
    Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida

  17. #17
    Fluffy Kitten eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Rezzing. Again.
    Posts
    3,958
    Crit is better than mastery right now, but definitely not better than haste.

    Haste all the way.

    To quote Emaias:
    Intellect > Spirit > Haste > Dodge > Strength > Resilence > Crit > AFK-Itis > Comcastic DC's > GM Disconnects during boss kills > Mastery.
    And as others mentioned, you aren't neglecting crit, oddly, but not having crit on your gear. You get a very healthy amount just from Intellect.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Seani View Post
    Holy paladins dont need haste.....The paladins most important stat as a healer is crit. .... Overhealing is no longer an issue, bigger heals mean more shield absortion without needing a larger mana pool.
    Plz don't spread misinformation.

    Every half decent hpally knows the absorption mastery is just crap (it doesn't stack and also doesn't help with beacon healing).

    int>spirit>haste>crit>mastery is the way to go

    after spirit, haste is the best seconday stat since our throughput goes up with cheaper heals and more free heals
    (more daylight procs --> more hpower in less time --> more free heals in less time)

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaias View Post
    Here's what I find amazing, how can someone go 85 Levels and still not know the mechanics of their class or how to properly play it? I see paladins all the time in cities that reforge to mastery thinking LOLBUBBLES!!! And gemming for crit; I kid you not did an alt run the other day. Paladin had full crit gems, reforged completely to crit, and was using Bell from Atramedes -- He Swore that paladins still got mana back when they crit...
    Anyway Paladin stat order as stated is Intellect > Spirit > Haste > Dodge > Strength > Resilence > Crit > AFK-Itis > Comcastic DC's > GM Disconnects during boss kills > Mastery. And as for shamans im not sure what you mean by the CD? Could it be Nature's Swiftness? Because I dont know any high end shamans that spec into this at all, even with the changes to it incoming. Riptide on the other hand, is a heavy insta cast, puts a HoT on the target, two if earth living procs. As for you talking about "Bigger Healers mean more shield absorbtion without needing a larger mana pool" you do realize our mastery isnt a smart shield correct? Meaning, if you get off a 50k Divine Light, and follow it up with a Holy Shock, or a smaller Holy Light of 16k your "Bigger" shield just got replaced in one global. Besides unless you stack mastery the shield wouldnt even be considered useful in a PvE enviornment; it's the equivlent of putting a Pillow to your chest as body armor then getting hit by... Ray Lewis (?) at a full sprint, and you at a dead hault.
    I'm pretty sure the only semi correct thing you said was "Theses are the healy classes that need haste over anything" I say semi correct because they share the same stat priority as us. Although with the change to their mastery I will admit I dont know if mastery goes over crit in a 10 man setting or fight dependency AKA Heroic Chim/Chim.
    While I enjoyed the truth in this reply, I must correct you on one thing. :P You can't replace a big shield with a smaller shield, you will only refresh it. The only time you might replace it is if say a 10k shield has absorbed 5k, any other shield with more than 5k absorb would do so.

    However mastery still sucks, and will be bad even after the patch, but closer to crit or perhaps even on par with crit. When Blizz realizes the shields need to either stack, be ALOT more powerful or go away then maybe we shall have a decent mastery.

    And to answear OP: HASTE HASTE HASTE HASTE HASTE HASTE

  20. #20
    We need a new thread of this everyday.

    But on topic haste is a much better stat than crit.
    --Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do- (B. Franklin)--

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •