Poll: Do you think it's an effective solution?

Dungeon Finder - "Call to Arms": Effective Solution or No?

I've seen a few threads on this topic already, but I've never seen a definite answer. Do you think that the "Call to Arms" for the Dungeon Finder will be an effective way to help reduce DPS times?
    I had initially thought so, but then I saw a video by OMFGcata wherein Jesse and a few of his friends on the PTR qued for a random heroic. They had a tank, healer, and 1 dps. their que time was 10 minutes. It seems to punish the tanks and healers and slightly help the dps.

OMFGcata Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXb50...&feature=feedu
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin View Post
    I've seen a few threads on this topic already, but I've never seen a definite answer. Do you think that the "Call to Arms" for the Dungeon Finder will be an effective way to help reduce DPS times?
    I had initially thought so, but then I saw a video by OMFGcata wherein Jesse and a few of his friends on the PTR qued for a random heroic. They had a tank, healer, and 1 dps. their que time was 10 minutes. It seems to punish the tanks and healers and slightly help the dps.

OMFGcata Video:
    You want to compare the PTR, which consists of only 3 realms, with no more than 800'ish players in each realm versus the WoW Release, which consists of 241 realms with a minimum of 1200 players each, up to 24 thousand players in some of them? Of course the queue times are longer on PTR.

I don't think this will fix the issue, because a lot of people don't care about the mounts and if you want gold/flasks, there are several ways which are faster than to run heroics. The 50 minutes I spend doing a Deadmines run I can farm way more gold than what's in found inside the Satchel. Personally, what I think it will happen, is that those DPSers who are crazy about mount collection will roll a tank, which will increase the tank population and lower the DPS population. =)

Also, some people seem to forget that in order to get the Call to Arms goodie bag, tanks and healers will have to queue up ALONE. If they are queued as a party, they won't get the bag.

10+ Year Old Account
    its going to be a temp fix

for 2 weeks it will work
    than 4.1 will come out and all the good tanks will be doing za/zg and not the first gen heroics this was made for.

also people will realize they wont get the awesome mounts instantly and its RNG based like archaeology. they will stop soon after. same reason why most people dont do death charger/anzu runs (not as many as u think do those)

Bro, nobody plays on the PTR, you know this, right?
    Beta Club Brosquad

I think absolutley NOT.

What I say I say as a guy w/ 7 lvl 85s and all of them are DPS , except my Prot MS Paladin

If saving you 20-40 AGONIZING minutes of waiting every day was not enough reason for DKs/Druid/Warriors/Paladins to ALL be tanks , then how in the HELL is some gold & some silly little pets & ground mounts going to be any more motivation?

The only thing I can see to this is that maybe a FEW tanks will tank extra runs they'd not normally be doing , to farm gold or in hopes of mounts/pets... MAYBE

Again , I have an 85 DK 85 Warrior 85 Pally as far as tank classes go... and I only willingly & happily tank on the paladin. So what I think needs to be done... is ,mold the other tank classes to be more like prot pally maybe give the other tank classes something alot like avengers shield , like literal copy of the abil w/ diff names for them , it makes the whole deal stress free and fun

Also I think if they added a talent for all tank specs that says your crit is converted to parry and haste into dodge would allow dps to tank in their dps gear as long as they change spec and would probably see a boost of tanks in the game

well if I could tank in DPS spec/gear, I would. but doing crap DPS when everyone is competing on DPS meter would be sad and depressing.

as for shinnies ... well i can't use all pets/mounts at the same time, so why should I bother.

I already prepared quotes for me reging as DPS or tank :

As Tank(in PvP gear) "I made your Queues shorter, now carry me"/"I am am going AFK, expecting goody bag in my inventory, when I am back"

As DPS (same gear) "So you want goody bag? say I am greedy Ba*tard 10 times and I might DPS"

I will fave fun with this ))
    Last edited by Gouky; 2011-04-09 at 03:12 PM.
    Kenny gona die tonight!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin View Post

OMFGcata Video:
    PTR which has very few players, and even less servers, compared to Live were there are millions of player, 1000s of which are searching for dungeons at any given time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gouky View Post
    as for shinnies ... well i can't use all pets/mounts at the same time, so why should I bother.
    Exactly.
    I have a HUGE walk in closet at home but there is only one outfit in it, and that's when I'm naked. I only have one set of clothes.
    I mean, I COULD have more that just one outfit but I can't wear all my outfits at the same time so why bother?

Some people say that variety is the spice of life. Well I, for one, am allergic to spicy things.

Probably not, but I think it may help a bit. Beyond that, what exactly COULD Blizz do? It all comes down to people being willing to roll tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    PTR which has very few players, and even less servers, compared to Live were there are millions of player, 1000s of which are searching for dungeons at any given time.
    I'm aware. I was going to point out that it could be because of the smaller population, but we can't say that this sample size will have an effect on the que time. For example, people could just be making tanks and healers on the PTR to see what they can get in the bag, when they are really dps on live.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

I think more people will queue as Tanks. Not a perfect solution, but the only really credible thing Blizz can do. They can't force people to Tank/Heal/DPS as the need arises, but maybe they can entice a few to jump in.

As a Tank for more than a few years I have stopped queuing as Tank. Not because it's hard or no fun. It is good fun, when done in the right atmosphere. When ill mannered DPS can't stop whining, ranting, and giving me the old "Gogogo just pull already" I ditch 'em.

CtA is Blizz's attempt to help, but they cannot fix the real cause of the shortage. I do applaud the attempt, but the other side of the fence is already ruining CtA with their QQing. All of this nonsense will just show up in the Dungeons making it even more distasteful for the Tanks.

Deleted
    It won't help, all it does is give tanks, maybe healers, doubt it though, free loot for doing what they're already doing.

When 4.1 comes out, you will all get smarter