Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Are you social with your guild?

Only in raid's really, I tend to avoid them after!

Your self?

We don't raid or something so the only reason I'm in my guild is because my friends are in it, so yeah I'm social with them.

I'm usually in vent with them all day, even though we no longer really play.

Yup! It's important to have a nice atmosphere in the guild if you want good raids imo

Used to, now I dont log in unless there is a raid. So only know the old guys.

No.. never, not even in raids. Was called a few things (which i cannot post here ) cuz i ussualy dont sugercoat my responses to stupid wipes :P

Deleted
    My guild is tiny, only like 6 of us but we're all good mates. Nearly always on voip all day with 'em ;3

I tend to be on a lot so yes I am social often lol.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    When I was in casual guilds, I spent all day in vent/gchat joking around with them. As I started moving up into better guilds, I found I disliked my guildies more and more, to the point I'd only log into vent for raids, and I'd turn on a blank chat window over guild chat, so I wouldn't have to socialize with them.

Very much so. I don't normally sit in vent with them when we're not in a raid, but we're all good friends and talk in guild chat whenever people are online. I wouldn't enjoy the game nearly as much otherwise.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klora View Post
    When I was in casual guilds, I spent all day in vent/gchat joking around with them. As I started moving up into better guilds, I found I disliked my guildies more and more, to the point I'd only log into vent for raids, and I'd turn on a blank chat window over guild chat, so I wouldn't have to socialize with them.
    Interesting

I used to sort of, but I don't anymore. I only type in guild chat to ask if anyone is free to be invited to a raid so I can do Garr weekly. I don't talk in vent (except to defend myself, like I got accused of not taking a flask...). It's kind of sad I suppose. You put up with these people to do content but at the end of the day you don't really like any of them.

My rogue, who I am on way more often, is in a guild I just joined for the perks and haven't seen a reason to leave yet. But I don't talk much in chat because they all seem to be mega hyper casual so most of them don't know how to play. I'm not exagerating, I had to teach a guy how to play his rogue he'd gotten to 79 somehow ("I don't use poisons because envenom eats them" close to a real quote from him, he is/was Assasination). I'm not an elitist, but this games been out long enough so my threshold for stupid is pretty low.

Deleted
    Currently not due to studies. Usually yes, almost every evening in Mumble, no matter what we do. Two guild meetings per year on top of that. Can be up to 50 people at those.

10+ Year Old Account
    very much so. if you're in a guild and you're not social you're doing it wrong.

I do although sometimes it's a bit rough since only one other person is really in to modern gaming, everyone else has stories of atari and NES (Not that those weren't great machines, just a little before my time) or just play WoW.

That being said we keep it lively and on our guild site we post a bunch of entertaining stuff like youtube videos and the like. Also i personally post gaming reviews every friday (now with video addendums) and it's overall a lively forum except for a few stretches when everyone's a bit busy.

Deleted
    They're the only reason I still play so yes

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never really been social in my guild even though I've been with them 2 and a half years. Been there when the guild went through some rough spots and in all honesty I'm pretty much a ghost there for raid invites :/

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not only social but on a social rank to - Jokester-
    Do random arena's on skype with random guildies -Always on vent in the lounge - All in all our guild has +- 100 members and 30% of them hem ridge from the parietal lobe - FUN FUN FUN - and the other 70 % are the hardcore in your face WoW rangers - deeps who deeps on bosses...they chat asswell but they not us funny as the minority playing for MMO experience which if i am not misunderstood is the interaction online with peeps from different backgrounds playing together to achieve an common goal - Not being silent and flexing e-peens ???

Bloodsail Admiral DownButStillOut's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Very social in my mains guild, too bad I play for long periods of time when nobodys on.
    BeeeeeeeoooooOOOOoooooooooooooooOOOO-FFFSSSHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM!!!
    My attempt at being less of a pessimist was choosing Dawnbringer as my choice of server.
    I regret somethings! (like setting this in my signature)

It's all about the perks and everyone knows it. The first tab of the gbank is only unlocked after you register on their lolwebsite and even then they only give you 2g for repairs. But it's lvl 25

Edit: oh and no we don't talk, well some idiots talk but I don't pay attention
    Last edited by MagicWaffle; 2011-04-09 at 04:48 PM.