View Poll Results: Are you a vegeterian?

Voters
395. This poll is closed
  • Yes.

43 10.89%
  • No.

352 89.11%
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    Hell no, I enjoy meat entirely too much to go vegetarian. Besides, a true vegetarian lifestyle is actually very unhealthy. Vitamins alone cannot really replace the benefits of a well balanced diet. Like others have said, unless there is a health reason for it, I cant understand any logical reason for giving up meat and animal products anyhow and I love animals.
    Actually your body does not care whether you eat meat or not . it needs protein which can be supplies by high protein vegetables. I believe beans are a source of protein.

I love how people are trying to say that you can't get the same vitamins from plants as you can from meat....go research stuff before you blab your mouth like you know something. People can live perfectly healthy on a vegetarian/vegan diet.

Quote Originally Posted by Eloona View Post
    This person has no idea what they are talking about. Ever seen the video, Food INC? I think you'll find you will have a much different perspective if you did. The only way I would feel safe eating meat is if I raised the animal myself or if I got it from a local farm. Grocery Store meat honestly scares the crap outta me.
    Then buy the meat from bangali or indian mom and pop stores. they don't use preservative there. but there will be excess hormones, which u get from probably everything you eat

I love how people are trying to say that you can't get the same vitamins from plants as you can from meat....go research stuff before you blab your mouth like you know something. People can live perfectly healthy on a vegetarian/vegan diet.
    It depends on just how "vegetarian" you are like I said. There are those who will not eat any type of animal product whatsoever and I'm sorry, but eating only fruits and vegetables your body is not going to get the protein and iron it needs to be healthy. Can you live on it? Sure, that doesnt make it any healthier than a person who lives on meat alone.

Leave beefs and hamburgers?

It would crush my world whole totally! (Still I'm about 1,75 meters tall and weight is less than 60 kilos. Not because my stomach, meat is for my SPIRIT!)

Our Viking ancestors would be spinning in their graves.

Nope im not i love meat burgers bacon or a nice BBQd stake on a hot summer with a cold beer mm soo good tho i have nothing against veges tho i could never stop eating meat

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzles View Post
    No. I'm actually anti-vegetarianism. I would never date a guy who is a vegetarian, or even be friends with one.
    While i would never go THAT far, i admit i am also anti-vegetarian. Humans are omnivores. That means we were made to eat both meat and veggies. So why not follow what nature already had intended for you? Not to mention most vegg-heads have this Holier than thou additude i absolutely hate. Friends sister went to a sit down place to eat with us and i ordered a steak. She then proceeded to lecture me about how eating animals was wrong and i was wrong for doing it blah blah blah. Once the steak came i calmly picked up my knife and fork and cut a peice off. "You know, this steak used to be a vegetarian as well. Look where that got it" and took a big bite. Seemed to shut her up the rest of the night.

Deleted
    I could never ever be a vegetarian, can't stand a day without meat. It's so delicious and you don't feel hungry afterwards like you do with plants if you don't want to eat a whole garden ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    It depends on just how "vegetarian" you are like I said. There are those who will not eat any type of animal product whatsoever and I'm sorry, but eating only fruits and vegetables your body is not going to get the protein and iron it needs to be healthy. Can you live on it? Sure, that doesnt make it any healthier than a person who lives on meat alone.
    That's going pure vegan, though. That IS tough on your body but if you can dish the money and stay focused you can live a healthy life as a vegan. It's expensive as shit, though.
    Secure accounts ftw!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    "KING VARIAN, DEATHWING HAS DESTROYED HALF OF STORMWIND, WHAT DO WE DO!?"

"Build a statue of your king."

10+ Year Old Account
    *cooks bacon*
    "Laws should be made of iron, not of pudding."

“A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.”

- King Stannis Baratheon

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    This person has no idea what they are talking about. Ever seen the video, Food INC? I think you'll find you will have a much different perspective if you did. The only way I would feel safe eating meat is if I raised the animal myself or if I got it from a local farm. Grocery Store meat honestly scares the crap outta me.
    Yeah meat is sooooooooooo dangerous...We eat it since the beginning of time, we have more ways to "make it safe" now then 2000 years ago...The human life expectancy gets longer and longer every years...yeah...MEAT is really what kills mankind

No sorry its eat or get eaten.
    I mean if we dont eat them sheeps they eat us! You never saw them watching you with those dripping teeth and eyes that say IM GOING TO EAT YOU. and than we make donor and win.

C.M.S, My favorite thing to start the morning with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullrot View Post
    While i would never go THAT far, i admit i am also anti-vegetarian. Humans are omnivores. That means we were made to eat both meat and veggies. So why not follow what nature already had intended for you? Not to mention most vegg-heads have this Holier than thou additude i absolutely hate. Friends sister went to a sit down place to eat with us and i ordered a steak. She then proceeded to lecture me about how eating animals was wrong and i was wrong for doing it blah blah blah. Once the steak came i calmly picked up my knife and fork and cut a peice off. "You know, this steak used to be a vegetarian as well. Look where that got it" and took a big bite. Seemed to shut her up the rest of the night.
    This is the kind of vegetarian I despise, but I suppose it speaks more about the individual than the belief. Still, there seems to be a disproportionate number of vegetarians that do this.

As I said earlier, vegetarianism is fine if its a serious medical, moral or religious choice but as soon as its used as a fashion statement or pushed on others it becomes unacceptable. I myself find it unappealing due loving meat and also eating vegetarian can be awkward and expensive. Apparently vegetarianism is not well understood in Europe (France/Spain particularly) so you are often given fish when you claim to be vegetarian.
    Last edited by mmoc581146db80; 2011-04-09 at 05:14 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am, but I don't like to categorize myself, mainly because I feel like it somewhat imposes my own beliefs on others. I have respect for what others decide to do, so long as they have respect for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Put it this way, if taurens were real, I would eat them.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

15+ Year Old Account
    Im anti-veg as well. For about 100 000 generations current mankind has been geneticly drilled into eating mostly vegetables, meat, fish, nuts and seafood.

We are not supposed to eat as much meat as we do today and we are certainly not meant to skip meat and eat just veggies, nuts and berries.
    Vegetarians that claim otherwise are retards but I do respect the ones who acknowledge those facts but decline meat due to personal beliefs.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Semi.

I sometimes eat only fruit and green salad. It just comes to me in periods. And it goes like that for weeks.

And then I walk into Burger King...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    I'm also kind of an anti-vegetarian, as there's no reasonable answer on why someone would do it. There's zero health benefits for someone cutting meat out of their life, nor does it help the environment.
    Misinformed post is misinformed. Do you understand the environmental impact of raising animals for slaughter? Do you understand how much acreage it takes to feed an animal to maturity for slaughter where that acreage could be directly converted into food? What about the environmental impact of clearing former wild / forested land so that it can be planted to support the feeding of animals where previous farmland could potentially support us directly.

Just for clarification, I'm not a vegetarian, but I don't mislead myself by thinking there are absolutely no benefits to health or the environment of a vegetarian diet.

Being top of the animal kindom has its rewards, those rewards are meat
    Hi Sephurik