Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

How much is a month game time worth in Gold?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, wasn't sure If I should put it in General discussion or Off topic

Basically my Gleader is running short on money this month and may not have enough to make this months game time payment, I offered to buy him a digital month payment thing from the Blizz store and was not wanting anything in return ( I have a good enough job not to mind little costs like that.)
    Anyway, he is totaly insisting on repaying me and asked me to put a price on it in ingame Gold (not exactly sure on the "legality" of this with Blizzards policy's but it's not as if I am buying him gold form a site or anything.)
    I have no idea what I would charge him for the game time, which is why I am making this post just to ask, What would you consider reasonable payment for a months game time for ingame gold?
    Last edited by mmocf454e514c6; 2011-04-09 at 08:06 PM.

Nothing because both of you can get banned.

10+ Year Old Account
    reported you for selling gold, reported myself for reporting you.
    every 2 bucks is like 2k when those gold sellers spam it, so 15k gold
    I only stabbed him 7 times in the neck and face in self-defense, guess he will think twice before hitting me in the mouth

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaffolding View Post
    Sorry if I sound dick-ish but I didn't ask what the reprocutions for doing it were. I just asked what others would value a months game time at in in game gold.

15-20k for a 60 day card.

Blizzard does not ban people for buying game cards. I've reported a few people that scammed be when I was trying to buy one (reversing the charge, etc), and all the GM says is "we'll take care of this, but we cannot refund your gold". They just say it is an "unsupported transaction".

Deleted
    It's illegal and you can get banned. But I do think it's around 20k, atleast what ive heard in trade on my realm.

depends on realm and faction
    on illidan horde it's usually 5k-10k

This is one thing I wouldn't consider gold-selling, it's someone you know and you aren't really even after the gold, its just a thank you. There is no way for Blizz to know and I don't think they wwill even be able to hit you with the ban hammer if they found out, especially if you don't go blurting it out in trade, no one will notice the difference.

I'd settle for 15k or so I guess.

Deleted
    generally it costs £1 for 1k gold on most sites.

Costs £9 for a 1 month sub.

Do the math.

Somehow people dont get the concept you are buying the game time for your gm out of your free will. And gm just wants to somehow repay for that.
    I dont see nothing bad in that.
    Anyways, last time ive seen few "friends" trying to pull this thing (in guild ofc) the prices were aroun 7-9k for month.

60 day cards sell for 12-15k on US Korgath Horde side

On US realms before cata i was paying 6,000g per 30 day time card and 10,000 per 60 day. Nowadays with gold inflated out the ass i'd pay 2-3k more than those prices

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortillagirl View Post
    generally it costs £1 for 1k gold on most sites.

Costs £9 for a 1 month sub.

Do the math.
    I don't actually go trolling wow gold selling sites so I would have no idea sorry

Deleted
    just tell him you can get banned from doing that deal, just say you want a favor some other time

Quote Originally Posted by Ramin View Post
    15-20k for a 60 day card.

Blizzard does not ban people for buying game cards. I've reported a few people that scammed be when I was trying to buy one (reversing the charge, etc), and all the GM says is "we'll take care of this, but we cannot refund your gold". They just say it is an "unsupported transaction".
    Actually they ban the person who sold you the card, delete the gold from them, and don't return your gold because you shouldn't have been buying it in-game anyway. They can't tell you about action taken on someone elses account though.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Actually they ban the person who sold you the card, delete the gold from them, and don't return your gold because you shouldn't have been buying it in-game anyway. They can't tell you about action taken on someone elses account though.
    nah thats wrong. at least it wasn't my case. i was buying them from a friend every couple of months for 14 months before my account got banned. his account is still in-tact.

---------- Post added 2011-04-09 at 08:27 PM ----------

also a good tip - if hes your GM, have him create a special rank for you and give you GBank withdraw privileges for the amount of gold he wants to pay you, and you just withdraw the gold from the gbank. doing this would have avoided my ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaffolding View Post
    I sold WoW gold on a daily basis for four years. I know your head is probably exploding but you need to realize you did not address the concerns of the original post whatsoever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did any of you dumdums read the whole post and not just the name of this thread? he is giving his guild leader a free month or 2 of game time, and his guild leader wants to show his thanks by giving him a tip. he is not buying a game card with gold, he is being given gametime free, and giving away gold as a thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Intoeternity View Post
    nah thats wrong. at least it wasn't my case. i was buying them from a friend every couple of months for 14 months before my account got banned. his account is still in-tact.

---------- Post added 2011-04-09 at 08:27 PM ----------

also a good tip - if hes your GM, have him create a special rank for you and give you GBank withdraw privileges for the amount of gold he wants to pay you, and you just withdraw the gold from the gbank. doing this would have avoided my ban.
    Ban wasn't the right word, sorry. Generally it would be a short suspension, followed by longer suspensions and then eventually a ban.

Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    Did any of you dumdums read the whole post and not just the name of this thread? he is giving his guild leader a free month or 2 of game time, and his guild leader wants to show his thanks by giving him a tip. he is not buying a game card with gold, he is being given gametime free, and giving away gold as a thank you.
    So he is giving his Guild Leader game time in exchange for gold.

They have a term for that.

Selling game time.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Just carefull with that things, not sure if you get banned but carefull.
    For the Greater Good.
    www.allods.eu