Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Why ''Call to arms'' will effect the game badly.

Okay let's start,
    I'm not actually playing the game at the momment but I'm following the game closely but I can pretty much tell you what will happen with this new thing Called ''Call to Arms''.
    First we are going to get a big number of bad tanks in the next few weeks with that we are going to get a lot more Death Knights, Paladins, Warriors, and Druids now they might be alts but that doesn't mean we won't see a lot of the listed classes in dungeons.
    Second after the tank number increases they won't be needed anymore, BUT now Healers will be the class that will get the 'Call to Arms'' buff if we can call it that and after that It's going to alternate from Tanks to healers and very occasionaly on Ranged/Melee Dps.
    Third So many people will be rerolling that you will notice that the already bad quality of random dungeon people will decrease due to inexperience in their rerolled class.
    Forth as I stated above in the next few weeks people will be rerolling a lot and after sometime they will just start sticking to Hybrid classes (Druids, Paladins).

That pretty much sums it up Pure DPS classes numbers will lower and Classes with multiple roles will sky-rocket. Now you might say it's just a bit of gold some gems and rare mount, but it's so much more it's BOE!

My personal opinion is that we shouldn't be able to get this rare mounts from running hardly hard 85 Heroics and I strongly disagree for rewarding underplayed roles. i think this idea should be scrapped for the good of the game when I first read it I thought that it was a late April joke and I was shocked when I found out it wasn't.

Please tell me what you think I am going to bring a pool up. Please no Flame wars.

---------- Post added 2011-04-09 at 08:51 PM ----------

If you think I missed anything please add in

Couldn't you have added this to one of the countless other qq threads about C2A?

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, it's pretty much out in the open now, if this will work out for the greater good or if it will bring about disaster.

YES, we will probably get some bad tanks. However, since all we have to go by is personal experience, here is what my experiences in LFD/server competence is:

There are some horrible tanks, usually with the excuse "Just started tanking". It is pretty much a given that we will see more of these when CtA is implemented, so no reason to argue there.
    However, I know some (and I guess you do) people who are fully able to tank raid after raid without screwing up, but still queue in LFD as DPS. Why? Because "I don't want to tank for a bunch of idiots".

Do you see the common trait here? Many people say we will get bad tanks(without knowing for sure), and many people who could have tanked avoid doing so because they think they will get bad DPS/Healers(without knowing for sure).

Personally, I'm going to avoid stating whether CtA is a good or bad thing until I have experienced it myself, mainly because prejudice is already too prevalent in LFD.

Also: Seriously, there are so many threads about this that you CAN'T have tried the search function before making this. The last few days there have continously been 2-4 threads on the "Recent activity" feed with the exact same message as this one. By making another one, you diminish your chances of being taken seriously in this one. It is actually better for both parts in this discussion if you keep it to the already existing threads.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arent View Post
    If you think I missed anything please add in
    You missed the part where a small bag of vanity goodies which are all obtainable in other ways as well will not cause a massive influx of rerolls.

You also missed the part where the items are not BoE, they are BoA. There is a big difference.

You missed the part where 359/372 geared tanks/heals currently have zero incentive to queue for heroics, so whatever influx of "bad" people this causes will be more than made up for by an influx of good players who outgear the content and can make heroics easier.

Lastly you missed the 101 other threads that bitch, whine and moan about a mechanic that isn't implemented yet as if it it will somehow cause the sky to fall on all of WoW. Go post in one of them, tissues are in the corner.

Deleted
    Well, all I can say to this is, if youre not currently playing the game but just "following" it, why the hell are you QQing?
    Secondly, if you want to make a difference, reroll yourself and be a decent tank.

Good luck to ya.

I personally think the C2A is a good idea with some possible backfires we have yet to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    You missed the part where 359/372 geared tanks/heals currently have zero incentive to queue for heroics, so whatever influx of "bad" people this causes will be more than made up for by an influx of good players who outgear the content and can make heroics easier.
    Chances are the well geared people wont be at all motivated by any of those awards, but even if they will there is always a greater number of people out there who don't know what to do than those who do (speaking from experience).

One thing I think sucks about this, is that you have to queue solo. I can see why, I'm just saying it kind of sucks .

Also, I think the OP may be dramatizing a bit too much if you get a crap tank, just votekick him if you wipe on the first boss and you'll get a new tank in no time. I'm looking forward to giggling on vent about all those cocky self-proclaimed uber tanks who will join the Call to Arms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerth View Post
    Chances are the well geared people wont be at all motivated by any of those awards, but even if they will there is always a greater number of people out there who don't know what to do than those who do (speaking from experience).
    Well I'm in a mixture of 359/372 gear and I'll tank 3-4 heroics a day now as opposed to the zero I tanked before this change. Vanity stuff is actually the best and really the only way to motivate geared people to run 5 man content more than once a day.

Of course there will always be more bad tanks in LFG than good tanks, a big part of that is that good tanks have no motivation to do these runs. This change at least addresses that.

And exactly what you said, if this makes queue times shorter then vote kicking a tank will actually be possible now. No more 40 min waits just cuz you kicked your terrible tank.

Yeah! Another Gloom and Doom thread about how something in the LFD will end the game and no one will ever PuG again.

It's a great ideal overall. People will find a way to abuse it, but then again, People haven't stopped complaining about Pugs for quiet a while now, so what's really going to change. Bad players will get a few mounts that they could have already farmed, but maybe didnt. They'll get some pocket change and maybe a gem, which will initally be worth alot and then not so much. Eitherway, they are doing something that I'm not interested in, so I can't complain too much

But if the gloom and doom doesn't happen, just like it didn't happen with the Vote Kick system change. Then odds are pretty good, queues times will drop and everyone wins. It's pretty amazing that all people focus is on, is the "what if" negatives.

You can be one of those people that always has a reason NOT to do something. Or you can be one of those people who's always willing to give something a try. What will probably cause more problems than anything else, is people looking for every tank\healer to be bad and making mountain out of mole hills on any mistakes a person makes. Along with adding needless snide comments to the tank about them getting free stuff.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2011-04-10 at 01:22 AM. Reason: typos typos typos

as ive said in other QQ threads about this; While this is not a perfect solution, it is an elegant one. there will be a few downsides to this but overall it will do its job at reducing queue times for DPS and healers. combined with the honor-> JP exchange, this will also make gearing out new DPS/healers.

i fall into the category of overgeared tank with no incentive to do a random heroic. infact the only heroics i do are full 5/5 guild groups for acheives. this change will make me do randoms again. i will most likely do za/zg random with guild group still, and solo queue for tier 1 when CTA: Tanks comes up(and we all know its always going to be tanks)
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

You know it'll be bad because of how it has already been implemented.
    ProTip: If someone offers you anything, look at their nipples. -Garots

The game will fold over and die because of a BOE bag that's about equal to what you earn by spending 5 minutes in Sethekk Halls.

Anyway, has anyone seen my bottle of windex? Oh, haha, nevermind, I drank it already.

Meh, half-assed decisions and features like we've seen for the past 2 years. At least they could add some completely new mounts/pets instead of shitting on the time some people have spent to get them.
    Or actually focus on creating NEW content instead of recycling every single boss/instance that were successful in the past.
    I so long for the day you get a bag of rewards for moving 10 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    Meh, half-assed decisions and features like we've seen for the past 2 years. At least they could add some completely new mounts/pets instead of shitting on the time some people have spent to get them.
    Or actually focus on creating NEW content instead of recycling every single boss/instance that were successful in the past.
    It's a simple solution to a simple problem, I hope they don't waste development on this.

Also lol @ shitting on people who worked to get it. A tank who takes 4 chowder heads from LFD through a heroic vs 5 minute runs of dungeons 15 levels below you. Yes, what an order of magnitude of effort spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Merin View Post
    It's a simple solution to a simple problem, I hope they don't waste development on this.

Also lol @ shitting on people who worked to get it. A tank who takes 4 chowder heads from LFD through a heroic vs 5 minute runs of dungeons 15 levels below you. Yes, what an order of magnitude of effort spent.
    I have warrior tank alt and another DK coming, @ 83 atm, honestly I simply cannot understand what's with all the complains about tanking. For me it's the same as DPSing with the upside of pulling the strings, I pull when I want (usually ASAP) and get to command people, which is great. Sure there are morons to deal with, but they were always there, of any class and role.

Call to Arms will have NO impact on the game whatsoever. A few tanks and healers will get some pointless trinkets - nothing else will change.

No shorter queues, no welfare tank epics, nothing at all.

Not sure why everyone thinks there will be a bunch of off spec tanks all of the sudden... if that was the case, why wouldnt' they be doing it for faster queues now? Most people worry about valor points more than getting the pet bombling or whatever crap drops..... lol, the petty things people complain about here amaze me.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Call to Arms will have NO impact on the game whatsoever. A few tanks and healers will get some pointless trinkets - nothing else will change.

No shorter queues, no welfare tank epics, nothing at all.
    ^ this.

People really think the sky is falling with this Call to Arms thing. After the initial "Lol I got some free stuff" surge dies down, the tanks will realize that anything they want in particular, whether it be pets or mounts, is a lot more easily grinded from doing it the normal way.

let's say I want Rivendare's Mount.
    Do I want to run a 30min-1hr heroic, with potential wipes and headaches, just to get a "very small chance" at getting a mount, specifically this mount?
    Or do a 10 minute Stratholme run?

This CtA really just gets the "in-betweeners". People like my warrior, who has a decent Arms or Prot set. Usually, I go Arms since I know I can make the run faster as DPS and do Archaeology while waiting in queue, but this might give me incentive to go tank instead.

Nah, prolly not.

Deleted
    I already started getting almost only "learning" new tanks in LFD for last few days since they announced it... Thay couldn't tank even Karsh properly, good never had one at Ozruk yet... Imagine what will happen when this goes live...

Quote Originally Posted by Avezo View Post
    I already started getting almost only "learning" new tanks in LFD for last few days since they announced it... Thay couldn't tank even Karsh properly, good never had one at Ozruk yet... Imagine what will happen when this goes live...
    That's hardly evidence. I've been getting tanks that can't tank Karsh/Ozruk since release..

Deleted
    Has anyone been on the test server? DPS have instant queues and tanks have to wait a long time... xD
    Take a trip to the Test Server and maybe you'll believe my scenario.