Best Horde race for PvP Disc (arenas)

hi,
    I've been looking on the forum just to figure out what was the best horde race for PvP disc in arenas, I've hard that BE weren't that good since the silence is only a 8 yd radius and you are mostly trying to get as far as possible from ppl, otherwise what's better troll or goblin? can't seem to find a concensus.

Undead for extra trinket with 30 sec CD

Deleted
    BE, The silence may be hard because it only have an 8 yard range but its still a silence non the less. That is also the only thing that we lack. But also you get a whopping 6% mana back which doesnt sound like alot but being the worst mana effiencent class currently for healing so this is really good idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Undead for extra trinket.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blood Elf or Goblin.

Deleted
    in fact the trinket shares cd with the forsaken skill

Quote Originally Posted by monito View Post
    in fact the trinket shares cd with the forsaken skill
    Not quite. It puts a "category cooldown" in place, yes, to prevent you from chaining one into the other. What it does not do is trigger the full cooldown.

Humans' "Every Man for Himself" puts your trinket on full cooldown.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's no such thing as 'best' in WoW. They're just different. If orc paladins would be the absolute best class, everyone would play it. Races, classes and specs are balanced around having their own extra features, you can't simply call something 'the best'.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman View Post
    There's no such thing as 'best' in WoW. They're just different. If orc paladins would be the absolute best class, everyone would play it. Races, classes and specs are balanced around having their own extra features, you can't simply call something 'the best'.
    On the contrary. There are things that play extremely well with eachother. So well, infact, that other alternative choices pale in comparison.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    Disc:
    Blood elf
    Goblin
    Undead
    Tauren

Shadow:
    Goblin
    Troll
    Blood elf
    Tauren

I hope this helps you....My main is a Disc Priest and I run arenas a ton. Here's what I've experienced...

I started out as Undead and while I liked the WotF, there was one thing that angered me to no end...and that was other priests and their mana-burn. There's nothing more aggitating than an opposing priest man-burning me. Therefore, in an act of vengeance, I switched to Troll, for the Power Infusion + Beserking effect while mana burning faster than they can. I did this in hopes to burn them out faster than they could burn me out. After trying this, I quickly learned that this combo is not reliable at all. At least 85% of the time I tried to use this combo, it'd be easily countered with fear, silence or stun effect...thus wasting my attempt to get even. (Not to mention the fact that I cannot even begin to attempt this if I am being focused on...due to the fact that I'd be better off healing myself)
    That being said --> There are many times (and I do mean many) where I am able to get within 8 yards of at least 2 of the opposing team's members to get off a successful Psychic Scream. This means that if you or I try out a Blood Elf, you should find it quite easy to silence them. Also, the priest healer is the worst with regards to mana reserves. Therefore, the ability to regain mana from the BE's ability is a plus.
    While I was Undead, if I was up against a Warlock who feared frequently, the shared cooldown with the trinket never really seemed to be game-changing.

All things said....I have adjusted my Troll racial strategy to be more defense rather than its original offensive intent. I use beserking to heal faster when needed. Also, I use power infusion for that as well. They do stack, which can get you through some tough situations when you or a teammate is getting pounded hard.

All in all....I'd have to say the "right race" is very situational. I believe BE would be best versus mana-use teams. (For the silence of course)
    Troll is best for being able to survive being focused on. While I did like the Undead for its appearance, I concluded that the shared cooldown weakened WotF to a point where I'd happily take Troll or BE racials before settling with Undead's.

Long Story short --> I'm sticking with my Troll. The clincher for me is the ability to do the well-timed, obnoxious, Male Troll laugh at an opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    Disc:
    Blood elf
    Goblin
    Undead
    Tauren

Shadow:
    Goblin
    Troll
    Blood elf
    Tauren
    I'd agree with that

Edit: though I'd prob move BE to second for shadow
    Last edited by Boater; 2011-04-12 at 04:01 PM.

I wanted to add one more thing to what I responded with earlier...
    With regards to the BE racial that replenishes some mana...this is more of a need in 2's. I've found that in 3's and 5's, mana is less of an issue.
    So...if you're thinking of playing 2's, perhaps BE is best. If 3's or 5's, I'd go with Troll, for the reasons I stated above.
    I settled with Troll and it's working nicely for me.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with the list posted, the interrupt and mana return belfs get is nice. You have to be in melee range (or pretty darn close) to fear so you should be used by now to working out how to get in range (and get back out) so it shouldn't be a big problem.

Deleted
    any spec : ud

Wotf is just too good for arena pvp
    then comes the rest

and 1% more haste to goblin < troll racial (which rocks for nuking),

the goblinjump is lol
    Last edited by mmoc419b146f30; 2011-04-12 at 04:23 PM.

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blood elf = best race for pvp. No questions about it. It's freakin' interrupt

Quote Originally Posted by ZenithOmega5 View Post
    I hope this helps you....My main is a Disc Priest and I run arenas a ton. Here's what I've experienced...

I started out as Undead and while I liked the WotF, there was one thing that angered me to no end...and that was other priests and their mana-burn. There's nothing more aggitating than an opposing priest man-burning me. Therefore, in an act of vengeance, I switched to Troll, for the Power Infusion + Beserking effect while mana burning faster than they can. I did this in hopes to burn them out faster than they could burn me out. After trying this, I quickly learned that this combo is not reliable at all. At least 85% of the time I tried to use this combo, it'd be easily countered with fear, silence or stun effect...thus wasting my attempt to get even. (Not to mention the fact that I cannot even begin to attempt this if I am being focused on...due to the fact that I'd be better off healing myself)
    I just want to mention that maybe you're putting all your eggs in the one basket. You're using both of your haste buffs (with large cd's) and hoping you are uninterupted for 10 secs, which becomes less likely the higher you progress. Maybe a better approach would be to use one, and be denied in whichever way, and then follow up with your other haste buff. Or perhaps even use neither the first time you manaburn to lure out certain interupts or CC's. I find that most healer combo fights allow enough time that you can subtley mana burn over that period rather than going extreme from the start and being denied.

Quote Originally Posted by Crouchyy View Post
    I just want to mention that maybe you're putting all your eggs in the one basket. You're using both of your haste buffs (with large cd's) and hoping you are uninterupted for 10 secs, which becomes less likely the higher you progress. Maybe a better approach would be to use one, and be denied in whichever way, and then follow up with your other haste buff. Or perhaps even use neither the first time you manaburn to lure out certain interupts or CC's. I find that most healer combo fights allow enough time that you can subtley mana burn over that period rather than going extreme from the start and being denied.
    I agree...which is why I originally stated that I quickly learned that it did not work well....and why I started using those cooldowns for different purposes. ;-) One of those purposes is the strategy you mentioned. The other is to use them for defensive posturing, like healing through nukes and such.

I would say troll for the haste or blood elf for the silence/mana. Goblin if you want to be annoying, and tauren if you want to be ugly/annoying.